Beer Thread

RaoulDuke79

Bought a case of Dogfish Head Flesh Nd Blood last week. Working on finishing it up. Pretty good stuff.

On a side note my wallet is taking a beating on the craft beer as of late. Picking up a half barrel of Budweiser Saturday

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a case of Troegs Nimble Giant. Had it once last year and was amazed. Had to pay cash, as I can have no paper trail of this for the wife to see. Gonna try and ration to the best of my ability.

. Nimble Giant? Can Troegs play RT???

Picked up a case of Troegs Nimble Giant. Had it once last year and was amazed. Had to pay cash, as I can have no paper trail of this for the wife to see. Gonna try and ration to the best of my ability.

Damn, i have been drinking Troegs for a long while..and went to their brewery a ton as located right across from a key customer of mine for 3 years.

Now, here is the description of this beer from their site

"Our Double IPA gracefully boasts grapefruit rind, pineapple and honeysuckle notes with a hint of earthy forest floor"

Cmon Troegs, please dont get all goofy on this stuff . its beer for chirsts sake

Damn, i have been drinking Troegs for a long while..and went to their brewery a ton as located right across from a key customer of mine for 3 years.

Now, here is the description of this beer from their site

"Our Double IPA gracefully boasts grapefruit rind, pineapple and honeysuckle notes with a hint of earthy forest floor"

Cmon Troegs, please dont get all goofy on this stuff . its beer for chirsts sake

It's delicious. I'm about 45 minutes south of the brewery. Perpetual is my go to. There's not a whole lot of their offerings that I don't like.

. Nimble Giant? Can Troegs play RT???

Not after drinking a few of these.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but had Silversmith in the Falls in March and want to buy some when I'm back in the area. Anyone know where I can buy it? Only in Canada?

There are some apps like "Tap Hunter" that can be useful. I don't find them to be great because they have a limited number of places. If I want something that is a little hard to find I either go to place that I know has a large beer selection (usually looking for like 200+ beers) and check online to see if they have it. I may even call. I also go to that craft beer store that I keep plugging and talk to the owner. They ar really plugged in as to what's where and what's coming out.

As an example, Parish is the best brewery in Louisiana. They are pretty small still though and excel on hoppy beers. Their most recent batch of Opus Vert (one of their best) is supposed to have made its way here last week. I haven't seen it anywhere except on tap at a couple of the "beer" bars. I'm going to watch LSU - Oregon State this afternoon and put back a couple of those.

As an aside, Parish did their release for "Ghost in the Machine" yesterday (or Thursday I can't remember). At any rate, it's a GREAT beer if you can get your hands on it. https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24822/113403/ It is not easy to find.

Lastly, I would be interested in doing some trading on some of these if anyone is interested? We are all in different parts of the country and can come across some pretty good stuff. My brother-in-law and uncle are beer geeks and we send around different stuff that we can get our hands on that others can't.

• 2 months later...