Who the Bills will pick at 10

What position do the bills select with their 1st round pick?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. What position do the bills select with their 1st round pick?

2. 2. Offense or defense in 1st

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sidney Jones going down makes that more of a possibility

sorry Sidney got hurt but thank christ....didnt want to use the 10th pick on a corner

I think we use our 2nd rounder on a CB.

Fingers crossed Teez Tabor falls due to his forty time. In our Cover 2 scheme, where he'll often have safety help, long speed isn't super important.

Because you can't get everything at once. TT is starting for now, still have to build your roster. Take a QB somewhere in this draft. Maybe even with your first in 2018. This team is lacking playmakers at WR , and even though Tyrod doesn't see a lot of things out there the passing game will still be improved with better WRs. Then the post - Tyrod QB won't be throwing to rookies.

Who's Patricia?

You can't get everything at once?

How long has Whaley been building this roster? This is not year one of a rebuild.

Whaley doesn't get a free ride at a new rebuild this is a continuation of his roster, just because it's a new staff doesn't exclude his complete work as GM.

We were told the problem with this team was the last staff so with keeping Tyrod the expectations should be the same playoffs or bust. This staff and Whaley made that happen once Tyrod was inked to return.In my opinion they need to do better then the last staff or this staff is dead man walking.

This is not Whaley first year of a rebuild like he was just hired GM so I'm sorry man but his time is nearing the end, he better hurry up because in my opinion he will be gone with the new staff if they can't do what the last staff was suppose to. They could have had a fresh new start but instead chose to continue the last staffs ride with Tyrod, they are now on a very thin leash. SMH

The pick that is the general conclusion is Mike Williams. I agree that we need a 2nd receiver. Somebody with speed, aggressiveness, making it a pain in the ass covering him. This kid is the real deal. Give Tyrod multiple targets to throw to. I hope he is still there when Bills pick. If it matters that much maybe we move up and get him.

If the two safeties, Lattimore or Foster are gone off the board, I think the Bills will trade back to the late teens, gaining an additional 3rd or 4th rd pick.

With the 19th pick in the 2017 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select- WR John Ross, UW.

J. Ross is a Lee Evans/ DeSean Jackson clone and will help TT open up the down field passing game...IMO. Ross and Sammy are a lethal 1-2 combo, making an offensive attack of traditional play-action out of the stretch running game (opening up much room for Shady to roam..) very hard to defend. Git Ur Done, DW!

You can't get everything at once?

How long has Whaley been building this roster? This is not year one of a rebuild.

Whaley doesn't get a free ride at a new rebuild this is a continuation of his roster, just because it's a new staff doesn't exclude his complete work as GM.

We were told the problem with this team was the last staff so with keeping Tyrod the expectations should be the same playoffs or bust. This staff and Whaley made that happen once Tyrod was inked to return.In my opinion they need to do better then the last staff or this staff is dead man walking.

This is not Whaley first year of a rebuild like he was just hired GM so I'm sorry man but his time is nearing the end, he better hurry up because in my opinion he will be gone with the new staff if they can't do what the last staff was suppose to. They could have had a fresh new start but instead chose to continue the last staffs ride with Tyrod, they are now on a very thin leash. SMH

Hey, I'm no fan of Whaley. The question asked was why take a WR? My answer was you can't get everything at once. You still need WRs for TT and the next QB. So it had zero to do with if I think DW should have continued as GM: I do not. He should have been shown the door with Rex. As for this staff, they get a minimum of three years. T Pegs has made it clear on many occasions that he thinks there have been too many coaching changes and wants stability . That was the intention ( foolishly) with Rex. At least they realized the error and needed it sooner than later. But this staff is not on any kind of hot seat. Whaley may be on thin ice, but who knows how thin? He seems to have survival skills.

Hey, I'm no fan of Whaley. The question asked was why take a WR? My answer was you can't get everything at once. You still need WRs for TT and the next QB. So it had zero to do with if I think DW should have continued as GM: I do not. He should have been shown the door with Rex. As for this staff, they get a minimum of three years. T Pegs has made it clear on many occasions that he thinks there have been too many coaching changes and wants stability . That was the intention ( foolishly) with Rex. At least they realized the error and needed it sooner than later. But this staff is not on any kind of hot seat. Whaley may be on thin ice, but who knows how thin? He seems to have survival skills.

I see what your saying and I agree too many coaching changes but a new GM will want his own staff.

I think Whaley has this team in a hot mess and since the QB position is still the big problem the not winning enough for even a wild card will continue.

It doesn't matter who they draft if this team doesn't have a QB that can't get it done at the end of games. I would think a QB drafted early this season will give this staff and GM a little time but with all they committed to Tyrod they need to justify it by giving him help even though I think Tyrod has hit his tipping point. Tyrod is what he is and I can only hope Tyrod is only used one more season otherwise I see them all gone for a complete rebuild from the GM down in 2019 regardless of how Pegs want a staff here longer then 2 seasons since a new GM will right away fire everyone.

They made their bed with Tyrod so in my opinion they need to be ready for a QB change if he continues to fail in 2017 because if not 2018 season will be real hard to sell Tyrod and this staff if they can't match or do better then the last did. Lynn was all in on Tyrod and then realized Tyrod is very limited and and I would think this staff will also learn the hard way.

Whaley seen it first hand with everyone of his staffs using other teams backup QBs, same fail different faces. Whaley needs to step up and be a GM and get a better QB otherwise Whaley needs to go, sadly this staff will also be gone in my opinion, without a better QB it really doesn't matter because it's a QB driven league. Buffalo QBs under Whaley are only good at driving us to the liquor store.

I don't agree with this staff not being on the hot seat because a new GM will want his own staff so they are in my opinion married to Whaley.

Does there seem to be major steam for the Bills taking Mahomes at 10 or am I reading way too much into it?

Also, who would want Mahomes at 10?

I think the discussion is the Bills taking him in the 2nd round. #10 would be way too high on almost everyones boards.

Does there seem to be major steam for the Bills taking Mahomes at 10 or am I reading way too much into it?

......may of the sites ranking QB draft prospects have him around #5....if so, it seems you could trade down, acquire pick(s) and if you wanted him, he may be there in the 2nd.....can't see 4 QB's going in the 1st........but I don't get to watch college ball and rely on expert analysis here.....

When we picked CJ years ago, many fans were unsurprised. Nix had made it pretty obvious.

Since then, I find that it's been hard to guess the direction of the Bills on draft day.

I don't know but your screen name is probably in the top 20 funniest ones I have ever seen here.

Thanks bill from nyc. Ive been a lurker here since 08 and rarely post, so not a huge surprise you havent seen my screen name.

Fyi,I enjoy your write-ups after each game. Very cool I make your top 20 funny sn list.