Ground and Pound 2.0

Coach55

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure I get the reference to Woods walking benefiting the run game. His blocking may be one of his most valuable skill sets.

Woods is an excellent blocker, and a good #2 receiver, I do not want him to leave.

We were the only team to have more rush TD's than pass last season. That also looks like this will be the case again next season.

In a passing league...I'm not confident that this is the way to go whatsoever. Running the football becomes practically obsolete when games are close late. It's going to come down to throwing the football in at least a few games next season, and it appears as though we will struggle mightily again in that regard.

The offensive philosophy now seems to be centered around the run because we don't have a very good passer, and this will most likely be a fatal flaw again next season.

Buffalo Bills PR‏ @BuffaloBillsPR

.@TyrodTaylor ranks as the @buffalobills all-time passer rating leader with a 94.2 rating since joining the Bills.

Ok

Buffalo Bills PR‏ @BuffaloBillsPR

.@TyrodTaylor ranks as the @buffalobills all-time passer rating leader with a 94.2 rating since joining the Bills.

Ok

Tyrod is very efficient. If we select Corey Davis, and if we can stay healthy- this offense could be one of the leagues best. And Tyrod could have a huge year

Tolbert should give us a great 3rd and short back. Plus he's a complete change of pace from McKoy.

The FB is a good pass catcher out of the backfield which is helpful.

I'm surprise that nobody's noticed that we have NOT released Jerome Felton. Is this really what we're doing... 3 veteran FBs?? It seems like Felton should be the odd man out, I'm not sure why they're keeping him on the roster?

I'm surprise that nobody's noticed that we have NOT released Jerome Felton. Is this really what we're doing... 3 veteran FBs?? It seems like Felton should be the odd man out, I'm not sure why they're keeping him on the roster?

I believe he becomes a FA today .....and obviously won't be signed here

how's 5000 passing yards working out for the Saints the last 3 years?

5000 passing usually doesn't work. But in defense of my man Drew B ... Lets ask the worst defense in the league for the last few years what the issue is.

On the other hand the fewest passes in the NFL doesn't work either. As I stated yesterday you need a good balance or the ability to either pass or run as the opponents defense dictates.

We were the only team to have more rush TD's than pass last season. That also looks like this will be the case again next season.

In a passing league...I'm not confident that this is the way to go whatsoever. Running the football becomes practically obsolete when games are close late. It's going to come down to throwing the football in at least a few games next season, and it appears as though we will struggle mightily again in that regard.

The offensive philosophy now seems to be centered around the run because we don't have a very good passer, and this will most likely be a fatal flaw again next season.

Our fatal flaws were sub-par defense and an awful kicking game, (kickoffs, fg's and schmidt's 29th ranked punting hurt us at every turn). We ranked ahead of several playoff teams in avg points.