In favor of Tyrod signing or no? Please substantiate.

Absolutely not in favor of the move.

Horrible horrible signing.

I'm very vocal about two things when it comes to the Bills.

1. Doug Whaley is the worst GM in football.

2. Tyrod Taylor isn't good. Bills fans only "think" he's good because of what we've had under center since Kelly.

I'll keep saying it on here until it happens. The REASON the Bills have sucked since Kelly is QB. We've never had a full rebuild since Kelly. It's the reason we've been terrible for years. Good enough to not get a top 5 pick, bad enough to not make the playoffs.

The fans EXPECTATIONS have changed. The Pats, Hawks, Steelers, Packers, and other organizations talk about "championships." Around here we talk about just getting into the playoffs and getting blown out round 1. It's pathetic.

To the people who say "Well what did you want them to do? Play Cardale Jones?" Yep. Yep I did. Why the **** draft the kid if you didn't plan on playing him WHALEY?

If he played good next season then great we have an answer at QB. If he played bad? Well we have a top 3 pick in the best QB draft since Elway, Kelly, and Marino.

We messed up today and I'll be sure to bump this post whenever we are going through another coaching search and change in 2 years.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills have only six picks this year, and using one on another QB who won't be ready to play seems like a waste to me. Who would be the backup? Cardale Jones? Well, maybe, but he sure wasn't ready last year. So the Bills would need four QBs -- TT, CJ, a rookie, and a warm body veteran who can play if TT gets hurt. Not only a waste of a draft pick, but a waste of a roster spot.

Bite the bullet. Go with TT, CJ, and EJ's replacement as backup. CJ could turn out to the The Guy, after all, but if we draft another QB, that new guy will take the coaches away from grooming CJ.

I say, no QB drafted this year. Take three DBs out of the outstanding crop, plus a WR, an OT, and the BPA.

I am glad he restructured. I think Taylor is the Bills best chance right now. He is a capable QB and maybe we will see more from him with a different scheme and Oline help. I am not expecting miracles and wouldnt be surprised if the Bills draft a QB but any QB drafted will not be ready to play yet.

I'm not a Whaley fan but this was a hell of a move bringing Taylor back at the new numbers we are hearing. I still want them searching for better but good news.

Honestly, I felt if he was released he would have at least matched the deal he already had on the open market.

I love the move. before this our options were to tank, draft and start a rookie at 10 or pay Taylor at his original cap hit.

This allows the Bills not to tank, to allow us to develop a future QB behind Tyrod (hopefully this part is fulfilled and I'd be less pluses if it isn't) and doesn't force us into drafting purely for need.

In the end, I don't think tanking is the way to go. I don't like the stench of losing and, though we certainly haven't won a ton, we are .500 over the past three years.

Finding a qb is a bit of luck or a lot of luck. People want this years class to work out but just ignore all the experts who don't think they're any good. Maybe there is a qb that can come in and succeed with us. Dak wouldn't have looked so good without the run game and the defense. Draft a mid round qb and see what happens and if tyrod fails we go get on in the better class next year. Let's load this defense with a couple real nice players in the first 2 rounds and get back to smash mouth football.

Leave Dak alone. You have no idea what he would do elsewhere.

Don't have to bash him because he's already bypassed Taylor by 3 universes. It's not Dak's fault.

Leave Dak alone. You have no idea what he would do elsewhere.

Don't have to bash him because he's already bypassed Taylor by 3 universes. It's not Dak's fault.

Bills fans wouldn't know a real QB because this thin gruel is what they accept. Last in the NFL in passing? Oh, we have them where we want them.

Hate it if we are getting the inconsistent game manager Taylor that hates throwing the football.

If new coaches put a shock collar on him that forces him to get rid of the ball in a timely manner that might be welcomed

Your poll game is weak new guy. Add the poll !!

I'd be for the poll. Most of the comments will be tiresome.

The thing is, is that this still feels like Rex's roster, with a hint of Marrone.

There are some good things about the roster, like the Oline, Shady, and Sammy. Maybe the D-line.

But asides from that it's all pretty much meh.

It would have been nice for the coaching staff to start fresh, and to get rid of some players, including Tyrod.

Im a big fan of Eric Wood, Kyle Williams, Jerry, and everyone really. But it's time for a coaching staff to truly make its stamp on the organization. Gotta move on from these players. I also want to see some of these players actually have success on another team instead of staying in this 7-9, 9-7 purgatory.

Unfortunately, the core the bills have had, hasn't been able to get it done. It's time to start fresh. Completely. And it started by getting rid of Rex's boy, Tyrod.

I want the Bills to give McDermott at least three to four years. The thing is, he immediately puts pressure on himself for keeping this roster of vets intact since the majority of us believe that Rex was the main reason this team didn't get to the playoffs. Personally, I think the majority of the onus falls on the players, and I don't see this roster getting it done, especially with this schedule coming up.

I like the restructured deal. It seems like a win for the Bills...

The thing is, whether you like Tyrod or not, he is the best QB the Bills have had in roughly 2 decades (depending on if you think Bledsoe was better then TT in his time here). TT is not as easily replaceable as some would like to think. It's not like the Bills have some great track record of developing QBs. What QB have they ever developed? Even Jim Kelly wasn't really fully developed by the Bills. He played in the USFL before coming here.

To move on from him for what amounts to basically nothing more than a dream of finding an upgrade is just silly IMO. You keep Tyrod until you actually have that upgrade.

I get that people want an elite QB. I do too. But You can continue to draft and develop QBs, while keeping Tyrod. Now the Bills can actually let a QB develop until he legitimately Earns the starting job. That sounds like a good thing to me...

This is the best 3 year stretch the Bills have had since the playoff drought began. Let's keep trying to build on it. Thes no need to try and rank in the NFL. Talent can be found all throughout th out the draft, and that includes QBs.

Edited by BillsFan4

No, could've got the same exact kind of production from someone like Trevor Siemian, for less than $1M...and drafted a QB to groom. (And used that $15M elsewhere to fix other holes.)

And Siemian threw for almost 500 more yards, with a bottom-5 rushing attack and awful offensive line.

Absolutely not in favor of the move.

Horrible horrible signing.

I'm very vocal about two things when it comes to the Bills.

1. Doug Whaley is the worst GM in football.

2. Tyrod Taylor isn't good. Bills fans only "think" he's good because of what we've had under center since Kelly.

I'll keep saying it on here until it happens. The REASON the Bills have sucked since Kelly is QB. We've never had a full rebuild since Kelly. It's the reason we've been terrible for years. Good enough to not get a top 5 pick, bad enough to not make the playoffs.

The fans EXPECTATIONS have changed. The Pats, Hawks, Steelers, Packers, and other organizations talk about "championships." Around here we talk about just getting into the playoffs and getting blown out round 1. It's pathetic.

To the people who say "Well what did you want them to do? Play Cardale Jones?" Yep. Yep I did. Why the **** draft the kid if you didn't plan on playing him WHALEY?

If he played good next season then great we have an answer at QB. If he played bad? Well we have a top 3 pick in the best QB draft since Elway, Kelly, and Marino.

We messed up today and I'll be sure to bump this post whenever we are going through another coaching search and change in 2 years.

So next year is going to be the class of '83? That's a strong statement . You don't need a top 5 pick to get a top QB, so there's that. Yes, we all know the lack of an elite QB has been the Bills problem, but none of those teams you mentioned got their guy with a top 5 pick. Keeping TT on a cap friendly deal that is easy to walk away from after just one year is in no way an impediment to drafting a future QB, it's built for it. Cardale Jones isn't even close to being an NFL caliber backup at this point.

No, could've got the same exact kind of production from someone like Trevor Siemian, for less than $1M...and drafted a QB to groom. (And used that $15M elsewhere to fix other holes.)

And Siemian threw for almost 500 more yards, with a bottom-5 rushing attack and awful offensive line.

Possibly, but what if Romo lands elsewhere? It's funny, but while watching DEN play NE last season, I thought if Simien were swapped for TT the Broncos would have beaten the Pats that day. Wasn't shot in the a$$ with that kid at all.

Bills fans wouldn't know a real QB because this thin gruel is what they accept. Last in the NFL in passing? Oh, we have them where we want them.

We accept it or are stuck with it? I know what a real QB looks like and I'm a Bills fan. Should we all just become fans of teams with the best QBs?

Happy we signed TT at this price. It was our best option for a starting QB. (who can argue anything else) Also we seriously need to draft a QB this draft and make sure its not a miss. And develop Cardale because he has the tools but needs time.

Finding a qb is a bit of luck or a lot of luck. People want this years class to work out but just ignore all the experts who don't think they're any good. Maybe there is a qb that can come in and succeed with us. Dak wouldn't have looked so good without the run game and the defense. Draft a mid round qb and see what happens and if tyrod fails we go get on in the better class next year. Let's load this defense with a couple real nice players in the first 2 rounds and get back to smash mouth football.

There is a bit of luck in that these guys are mostly not playing pro style offenses in college and are not facing NFL caliber Defenses. That said, I think guys either have it or they don't, so I couldn't disagree more on Dak. The Bills reportedly liked him but screwed themselves by not taking him when they had the chance. I just don't buy the notion that QB "X" wouldn't be good if he was the Bills QB, whether it be Dak, or Roethlisberger or Brady. They either are good or they just aren't. It's the processor upstairs that makes them a good QB or not , and not the measurables at the combine. That's why it's so tough to judge and where the luck comes in.

I think taylor is a nice guy,but i'm sick to my stomach on this one. Havn't felt this sick since I was in a Chicago airport and saw thst Marv Levy hired the crypt keeper (Dick Jauron) has head coach... No point in upgrading tight end or wide receiver because Tyrod will only throw to them if there isn't a cb near by... As much as Taylor runs he also runs on third down a ton to come up a yard short to force 4thdown :-( I absolutely love ground snd pound ,but in two sesons Taylor has zero comeback wins. A running team that is behind in a game willnever pull off the comebzck games... With Taylor the Bills will be a thpical predictable 7-9 to 9-7 if everything breaks right just Boring and sick to my stomach :-(

Getting him to take less money is a win, but we still don't have the answer at QB, and it appears as if they won't draft one either.

This move puts McDermott and Taylor on the hotseat from the jump.

I would have moved on and gave this staff time to put together a team that they built...not win now with a failed staff's RB impersonating a QB running the show.

I agree, I see the same exact fail coming wishing on a mircle out of Tyrod. It looks like we are in for Chan/Fitz all over again. This staff better be great in 2017 and if they can't match or be better then Rex fans are going to rip them up. I was wishing for a fresh start from this staff, I thought things would be different but no same old Bills. I'll be wishing for the best but sadly all I see is 6 wins at best in my opinion Edited by xRUSHx

If the terms are as reported (guaranteed money basically halved and $8m penalty to move on after this year) it was an absolute no brainer to bring him back, and I am someone who on his original terms leaned towards a cut.

Edited by GunnerBill