The Pegula's are bad owners.

Actually the one I was referring to was the McCoy thread.....but it is neither here nor there. Just me sounding off.

The McCoy thread was based on a poster coming in claiming "insider info" and then getting lambasted for it. This is a thread complaining about the owners and is solely based on one poster's opinion and didn't deserve a thread all of its own. The difference is fairly obvious, one is an opinion, the other purports to be news.

I understand a lot of BBMB people are getting used to posting here and I'm sure it's an adjustment, but the board has regulated LAMP threads in this manner for years. There are not minimum post requirements to start a thread (though I often whine about that) because by and large LAMP threads get dumped on pretty quickly and drop off the main page. Newbies aren't hated here so no need to feel attacked for being a newbie, there's bound to be friction when a large group of people come into any community and everyone is adjusting.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would not say bad owners. They are owners that only know the business sense, REVENUE. Cleary they know squat about what a winning football team is..

Unfortunately, I am holding back any hope that this bills team will ever reach the playoffs.

To the Pegula's.. Show me a winner then I may buy a ticket.

The McCoy thread was based on a poster coming in claiming "insider info" and then getting lambasted for it. This is a thread complaining about the owners and is solely based on one poster's opinion and didn't deserve a thread all of its own. The difference is fairly obvious, one is an opinion, the other purports to be news.

I understand a lot of BBMB people are getting used to posting here and I'm sure it's an adjustment, but the board has regulated LAMP threads in this manner for years. There are not minimum post requirements to start a thread (though I often whine about that) because by and large LAMP threads get dumped on pretty quickly and drop off the main page. Newbies aren't hated here so no need to feel attacked for being a newbie, there's bound to be friction when a large group of people come into any community and everyone is adjusting.

Yes, there is a clear distinction here. It's not hard to see. Not that it's always been perfect, but what a lousy thread. Phrased and handled differently it might have been less garbage material. But it is what it is.

Show me it was all Doug's decision, I am too.

It pretty obvious Doug is not high on Taylor from previous info. Sean McDermott releases a statement not Doug on the Tyrod deal. Just how I see it.

The coach said it was Doug and his decision in his statement, no offense but I'll take McDermotts word over the OPs esp since he hasn't even come back to defend his horrible post

They are good people but they seem pretty bad at running a football team.

First of all they keep Doug Whaley as GM (which a lot of people thought he should have been gone)

Ok fine... Then it's reported that Whaley wants a new QB, and Mcdermott wants to keep Taylor... AND ownership ends up siding with the coach over the GM?

How do you keep a GM and then not even listen to him?

This is just baffling... winning teams don't operate like this.

Its not too late to storm the Castle is it?

Good call Pegula.

So this is what we've been missing on bbmb. eh?

Hears the deal. I am sure there were lots of "Whaley sucks, no he doesn't" threads over there, as there have been here.

There is no need for one after every move. It's tiresome. Crusading is tiresome too, and will get you railed on.

It is a done deal, DW is the GM for 2017. If they are 0-4, start the talk(unless they are tanking) then start a thread. Otherwise, you will be railed against.

BBMB was Budwiser, TBD is a limited edition micro brew, just a little more sophisticated.

They are good people but they seem pretty bad at running a football team.

First of all they keep Doug Whaley as GM (which a lot of people thought he should have been gone)

Ok fine... Then it's reported that Whaley wants a new QB, and Mcdermott wants to keep Taylor... AND ownership ends up siding with the coach over the GM?

How do you keep a GM and then not even listen to him?

This is just baffling... winning teams don't operate like this.

Why do you think the GM wasn't onboard? It seems fairly obvious Whaley wanted to keep

options open in case they could upgrade. When that didn't happen they kept Tyrod.

No issues with the Pegulas. Good people, no luck whatsoever with their teams so far.

I feel like they had to hire Rex and go through that painful period of time to get the right coach now. We'll see

The Pegulas are neophytes at this. Yet they're nearly at .500. In other words, they're average owners.

As they gain more experience, and correct some of their early mistakes (e.g. Rex), their W-L record will only improve.

And who says they sided with the coach over the GM?

So this is what we've been missing on bbmb. eh?

Hears the deal. I am sure there were lots of "Whaley sucks, no he doesn't" threads over there, as there have been here.

There is no need for one after every move. It's tiresome. Crusading is tiresome too, and will get you railed on.

It is a done deal, DW is the GM for 2017. If they are 0-4, start the talk(unless they are tanking) then start a thread. Otherwise, you will be railed against.

BBMB was Budwiser, TBD is a limited edition micro brew, just a little more sophisticated.

Actually, quite the opposite.

BBMB was filled with posters drinking way too much koolaid.

The Pegulas are among my favorite people who have ever owned the Bills.

They made a mistake w/ Rex, but cut their losses early on that one. That's all you can ask.

What are they trying to do by bringing back TT though?

Taylor will get us 8-8, maybe 9-7.

If the goal was to win a championship we should've gone all in for Romo, or tanked for the USC qb.

Did these types of threads pop up before BBMB?

Not really.

Mostly fans drinking way too much koolaid.

If the goal was to win a championship we should've gone all in for Romo, or tanked for the USC qb.

Not really.

...and some unbalanced adversaries. I'm not a complete homer, but this was nonsense. Seriously. Please refrain in the future.

Not really.

They are trying to not go 4-12 by starting a rook QB that isn't ready for it. Tanking isn't a good strategy in the NFL. Romo wasn't an option because DAL is releasing him and he's a FA. He would never choose BUF and his Pal JJ wouldn't screw him by trading him to BUF. Once this became clear, TT on a cap friendly deal was the best option. Can draft a QB with little pressure to start him right away.

They are trying to not go 4-12 by starting a rook QB that isn't ready for it. Tanking isn't a good strategy in the NFL. Romo wasn't an option because DAL is releasing him and he's a FA. He would never choose BUF and his Pal JJ wouldn't screw him by trading him to BUF. Once this became clear, TT on a cap friendly deal was the best option. Can draft a QB with little pressure to start him right away.

So if we offered Dallas a decent draft pick they would just turn it down?

I don't see how Romo would have a choice unless he decided to retire.

And you say we can draft a QB but you really feel confident with Whaley picking that guy? Look at the guy's he picked in the past and you might throw up a little.

Why would want an old QB that is one hit away from being in a wheelchair chair???

Why would you want one of worst passing QB's in the league?

Not trying to hate on Taylor but when it comes to passing he's near the bottom of the league.

So you blame Tyrod for not winning enough games. What about our ****ty D that Rex was going to make #1.

Tyrod did not make turnovers. O was one of the better scoring teams. We need a better D before I can say Tyrod sucks.

300 - 400 yard games not always getting the win. Just ask New Orleans the Chargers.

Hated Rex Bring his Brother in.