TYROD IS STAYING

Rex Ryan's QB. McDermott already coaching scared. We know this wasn't Doug Whaleys decision.

You do realize this is the 3rd contract our GM as gotten Hotrod to ink, right?

I do like your screen name though. :)

Edited by reddogblitz

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Romo was available.

Just heard earlier the Cowboys are releasing him tomorrow unless they get a decent trade offer... Which means we could've just traded for him.

People love to hate on Cutler but he's really not that bad. He has a big time arm, puts up a lot of passing yards, and is still only 33. He would've been a solid upgrade.

No it means you could have asked about a trade for him. Doesn't mean it would have happened. I seriously doubt he would have agreed to a trade to Buffalo, They wouldn't have done that to him in my opinion. Dallas was going to treat him right by releasing him to go where he wanted to go. Cutler was talking about retirement a while back, What does that tell you about his mindset?

I would, because this says to me they think they're close, or want us to think they're close. So IMO they're going to be looking for impact guys in the first three rounds who can come in right away and start.

MCD needs CBx2, S, LBx2, OT and probably a WR to win enough now to keep his job. So I don't see the point of going QB high when there are gaps that need to be filled to field a team that looks like a contender.

My overall fear is that we do just enough to make the wildcard over the next three years, realize that's this team's (and Taylor's) ceiling, and have to begin a rebuild that should have happened this year... by which time Watkins and Dareus will have either moved on or been used up. Now granted that's pessimistic, ideally they actually draft well enough and Taylor improves over the next two years and they build a contender. I just don't think that's very likely.

I don't think it means that at all. Drafting a QB that you don't rush on the field isn't exactly uncharted territory.

I am always careful to say what any team "needs", because every year, we see teams go in completely different directions then expected. There's just no way to determine what any individual teams big board looks like.

My hope is that the quality offensive line and running back rotation is a foundation to build on for several years.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

For the people upset about this move, you do understand we can still draft a QB at 10 right? A lot of you didn't think Tyrod was worth his previous salary. Well, now that has changed. What's the problem now? You don't think he's good enough? Fine, I can understand that and may even agree with you. But, who was your better alternative? Give me a name so I can laugh at you please.

My only problem is that it puts pressure on this staff to win now. People may sour on McDermott and Taylor very early this season, and nothing I have seen from Taylor makes me think we will do any better next season. The defense is still going to have major holes, and we still won't have money to upgrade much of this roster that needs it.

This is a win since Taylor ended up taking less money, I'll agree with that. I don't know how it helps otherwise.

Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller think it's the smart move to be made, FWIW (though Pat wants to look at the restructure). Said it's a great move for McDermott and talked about how we just really shook up the vet QB market (guess Tyrod isn't going to the Browns, 49ers or Jets :D)

This organization is so short sighted. Did anyone not watch the games last year?

So lame to blame the defense and think this will end at best a heroic

8-8 finish next season. Just so disappointed. Really crushing these fools

got rid of the site.

You have lots of chatter that MIKE GLENNON will get $14+ million.

I don't think it's unreasonable to see Tyrod getting $16-20 million on the open market.

This is pure speculation.

It's actually quite foolish IMO to think that he would pass up money like that for what he just signed for.

It's much more likely that Taylor and his agent went looking for teams to see what they were willing to pay, and after they saw that it wasn't much better, they went back and took the Bills offer.

Many of the so called experts on the other board said Taylor would never take less because he could make as much or more because that's the market now.

Turns out they were wrong. Taylor is now in line with his play...bottom starter pay for a bottom of the league QB.