Should Steroids be legal ?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think people should be allowed to do whatever they want to their own bodies. In sports, no, as players would feel compelled to use them to keep up with the competition. That's what happened in MLB, where the teams turned a blind eye to steroids & in some cases even encouraged it.

Wait steroids don't cause brain tumors, try again.

There is a lot we don't know about steroids. It hasn't been proven that steroids can't cause tumors, cancer and other health concerns. We do know that steroids enlarge muscles and the heart is a muscle we shouldn't be messing with. Check out the many WWF wrestlers who died that were juicing in the 70's, 80's, and 90's and tell me there is no correlation between their deaths and the use of steroids. Many of those guys died very young and had heart attacks.

Anabolic steroids, no.

I'd have no issues if the NFL made HGH legal, however.

For all intents and purposes, HGH is legal in the NFL. The NFL knows the severe consequences that would ensue if they truly banned it. It's a great drug for speeding up the healing process for muscle tears, which nearly every player suffers at some level throughout the season.

This post had so much ridiculous in it I just need to interject. Did you really compare steroid use to stem cell research??? Oh. My. Goodness.

Also, life expectancy is longer, NOT because we are healthier, but because we are better at treating infectious disease. Less people are dying from the flu (but those vaccines definitely are harmful, right?) and tuberculosis but more people are dying from heart disease, aka, diet suicide.

For perspective, the US in all its greatness is 17th in life expectancy for women and 18th for men in the world. We are a mess, health wise, but are #1 in resources. In the meantime we are blowing up healthcare hahaha.

No, Dr. Phil, I made zero comparisons. I did, however, add both driving forces to the topic -much of which is currently banned in the league. Oh. My. Badness.

Lol - absolutely should not be legal!

This would basically require anyone interested in playing pro-sports to sacrifice their lives to take these dangerous substances... I have no clue where you got some of this info about teens killing themselves, but Football unlike Soccer has the 'head-trauma' factor at play as well.

"I live in Mexico where steroids are legal. Guess what. Mexico doesn't have a steroid problem. In fact, the issue doesn't even raise an eyebrow.

Anyone, including a 15 year-old soccer player, can walk into a pharmacy, go right up to the counter, ask for preloaded ready-jects of Sustanon 250 and Deca, pay his 500-some-odd pesos and walk out, just as if he'd purchased pink sugar cookies and a bottle of Gatorade. No problem.

And, oddly, the news reports in Mexico are barren of anyone dying from steroids. No teens are committing suicide. Sports are not rife with cheaters and allegations of malfeasance. Parent groups aren't up in arms demanding legislation. There's nobody testifying in front of congress blaming juiced professional athletes for their son's alleged steroid-induced suicide (more on that character in a minute)."

https://www.t-nation.com/opinion/should-steroids-be-legal

Yes. Above the age of 18 if you want to do it, so what? I love how people sit there and say this guy or that girl isn't doing it. Look at the top Cross Fit people, they are doing steroids

My only concern is kids (including the 15 year old in the OP) not just using them, but feeling they NEED to use them in order to keep up with the others in their sport. You can't compare steroid use of soccer players to that of tackle football players. The goals of the players in the two sports are completely different. Soccer players want some more strength and endurance, they don't want to become juiced up super humans like tackle football players do.

Edited by CodeMonkey

"I live in Mexico where steroids are legal. Guess what. Mexico doesn't have a steroid problem. In fact, the issue doesn't even raise an eyebrow.

Anyone, including a 15 year-old soccer player, can walk into a pharmacy, go right up to the counter, ask for preloaded ready-jects of Sustanon 250 and Deca, pay his 500-some-odd pesos and walk out, just as if he'd purchased pink sugar cookies and a bottle of Gatorade. No problem.

And, oddly, the news reports in Mexico are barren of anyone dying from steroids. No teens are committing suicide. Sports are not rife with cheaters and allegations of malfeasance. Parent groups aren't up in arms demanding legislation. There's nobody testifying in front of congress blaming juiced professional athletes for their son's alleged steroid-induced suicide (more on that character in a minute)."

https://www.t-nation.com/opinion/should-steroids-be-legal

No.

And in NYC you can't even walk in and get a sugar cookie or gatorade, as those are restricted.

Steroids are dangerous. If you don't already know that then you are an idiot. By allowing steroids you are basically making it a requirement to be a pro athlete because everyone will need to take them to keep up with the rest of the competition. Some people don't have a choice in life and will gladly do whatever it takes to make it even if it kills them. Not fair to those that actually value their lives and just love playing the sport and are naturally gifted at it.

I am very pro HGH, I think HGH can be very positive to a person's life, especially once any adult hits 35. But I don't like the idea of athletes using steroids, mostly because I fear a day where kids are being injected like cattle (very 1984 dystopia style). But, I am okay with the general public using them.

And I am very supportive of athletes using weed, especially versus pain killers.

Steroids are dangerous. If you don't already know that then you are an idiot. By allowing steroids you are basically making it a requirement to be a pro athlete because everyone will need to take them to keep up with the rest of the competition. Some people don't have a choice in life and will gladly do whatever it takes to make it even if it kills them. Not fair to those that actually value their lives and just love playing the sport and are naturally gifted at it.

Wrong. Typical non educated comment. Steroids are not dangerous, Abuse of steroids are dangerous. And you need to get a clue, if you want to play the sport for the fun and love of it, do so. To compete on the top level, you must do more. This will NEVER Change.

I am very pro HGH, I think HGH can be very positive to a person's life, especially once any adult hits 35. But I don't like the idea of athletes using steroids, mostly because I fear a day where kids are being injected like cattle (very 1984 dystopia style). But, I am okay with the general public using them.

And I am very supportive of athletes using weed, especially versus pain killers.

I can agree with this. The problem with weed is the source, however. It needs to be regulated but its not legal in every state so alas its not regulated properly.

No, Dr. Phil, I made zero comparisons. I did, however, add both driving forces to the topic -much of which is currently banned in the league. Oh. My. Badness.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=anabolic+steroids

Not Dr. Phil, but at least you got half the name right. There is a crap load of steroid research and all of the harmful effects it can have systemically.

Edited by Elite Poster