Chiefs' GM Dorsey: 2017 Draft QBs not NFL ready

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO Its going to be funny when 3 of these guys end up good starters. Enough of this BS and enough of the BS of waiting until next year, or the next, or the next for another 20 years

I might be wrong, but I don't think he's saying they aren't or won't be good. He's saying they won't contribute this year.

Doesn't mean they aren't worth a pick this year; this just means you want a bridge-type QB for 2017.

Not your fault, but I'm really learning to hate the word "bridge" when used as an adjective for QBs.

Call him whatever you want, but I want the best QB available. If that's TT, then so be it. If we can upgrade from TT, great.

But let's not put some bum under center hoping that we'll eventually draft a franchise QB. I want DW to get us the best starting 11 on offense and defense that he can put together.

Edited by hondo in seattle

How many college QBs are really ready to play at the next level. Prescott was a bit of an outlier. He walked into a dream scenario. A strong o-line and weapons will take the heat off of a lot of guys. Dak wouldn't have fared quite so well in Cleveland or Jacksonville. This is not earth shattering news. There were very few snaps actually taken under center last year by the top candidates in this year's draft so they will all need to be groomed.

How many college QBs are really ready to play at the next level. Prescott was a bit of an outlier. He walked into a dream scenario. A strong o-line and weapons will take the heat off of a lot of guys. Dak wouldn't have fared quite so well in Cleveland or Jacksonville. This is not earth shattering news. There were very few snaps actually taken under center last year by the top candidates in this year's draft so they will all need to be groomed.

I once heard a scout say that no college QBs are ready to play in the NFL - they all need to improve something.

And that's why, he went on, drafting a QB is so difficult. None are sure bets. You draft the guy who needs the least improvement or has the highest ceiling. But you can never be sure if they're going to develop the skills they're missing while in college. Some do, most don't.

So what?

It really shouldn't be a big deal to sit a QB on the bench for a season.

Not everyone is ready day one.

Its no secret that I am not a big fan of this QB draft class in terms of going all in on a QB at 10. But at the same time, I have to fully agree with this statement above. This obsession with QB's being ready to start week 1 is very misguided. Sure, there have been a FEW QB's who came in and earned the job right out the gate and had success, but its not the norm and it should not be expected.

Personally, I am ok with taking a QB in the 2nd or 3rd, although not my preference, but I could live with that if the FO felt our guy was there. I am not a fan of taking one at 10 as I don't feel like any of them are strong enough prospects to warrant missing out on an elite prospect in the secondary or WR. I would much prefer to keep Taylor, draft a prospect later and focus on shoring up WR and Secondary position early in this draft (of course, FA could change those needs still too).

Its no secret that I am not a big fan of this QB draft class in terms of going all in on a QB at 10. But at the same time, I have to fully agree with this statement above. This obsession with QB's being ready to start week 1 is very misguided. Sure, there have been a FEW QB's who came in and earned the job right out the gate and had success, but its not the norm and it should not be expected.

Personally, I am ok with taking a QB in the 2nd or 3rd, although not my preference, but I could live with that if the FO felt our guy was there. I am not a fan of taking one at 10 as I don't feel like any of them are strong enough prospects to warrant missing out on an elite prospect in the secondary or WR. I would much prefer to keep Taylor, draft a prospect later and focus on shoring up WR and Secondary position early in this draft (of course, FA could change those needs still too).

Not for nothing, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rogers, and Philip Rivers all sat their first years.

Bills schedule is no tougher then it was every other year.

You pick who you !@#$ing think will be your future. You don't listen to the bull **** that gets fed to foolish fans.

Yep.

Last years schedule was supposed to be brutal.

And the year before that.

Yeah in and year out we hear about how "next year's class will be better."

Moreover, my self included pointed out Watson as a Freshman at Clemson and last year many were saying wait until next year when you might have a shot at the likes of Watson.

Also, how does anyone trust what anyone is saying right now? Especially a team like KC who could very well be in the market for a QB.

Heck, even if they genuinely believe no QB is ready. They could still take one in the first and allow said QB to sit for a year or two behind Smith or someone else.

You can't correct the position by never drafting it and always waiting for next year.

Oh, look who the Chiefs are looking at.

Among them: Notre Dame’s DeShone Kizer, Clemson’s Deshaun Watson, North Carolina’s Mitchell Trubisky, Texas Tech’s Patrick Mahomes II, Miami’s Brad Kaaya and Pittsburgh’s Nathan Peterman, who all mentioned during their media sessions Friday that they had formal interviews scheduled with the Chiefs.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article136320493.html

GM DORSEY Can Kiss my ARzzz or he talking out his you know what just a smoke screen.

Pat Mahomes will be a Pro Bowler mark it down

1st Take

I wrote this in another post a bout Mahomes. This guy is the best QB in the draft bar none. He will be a pro bowler down the line. He is the closest thing to Aaron Rogers and Brett Farve there is.

He makes un believable throws that are Acurate from weird angels and with bad foot work. This guy is the one you want. NFL is not like college. You don't always get a lot of clean pockets and you don't always get to set up and throw on balance or get your feet set. I want a QB that can throw on the run or throw when his feet are not correct and with people are in his face. This guy can do that in spades. Go watch him on YouTube you will see something extraordinary. Don't get fooled about the experts saying oh his foot work is bad, His back leg shakes, Blah, Blah, Blah. Watch Chargers Rivers, Watch GB Rogers these guys throw at all angels, throw with in correct foot work and throw on the move across there body all the time. Who the Fu@k cares how they throw it. Does he complete the passes yes he does. Yes you will be required to do that in The NFL. Good one's can pull it off. Well when I watch Mahomes that's what I see. So please just stop the nonsense. If we get this guy a great new Era in Bills football is about to begin.

2nd Take

Let me ask all the detractors of him, how many times does a NFL QB go back and set up and not have to move off his spot. Most times QBs end up having to move and throw off there back foot

or throw moving forward or rolling out. Playing QB in the NFL you don't have a lot of time. Go watch this kid play, watch him throw. He is doing amazing stuff. Making throws from all sorrts or bad angles of his back foot, flat footed and on the run. Most of them right on the mark. I could care less about his satistics or how many TDs he's thrown. He has started a ton of games. This guy is a leader and he has a very strong arm. He can do things most QB's can only dream about. He is Farve he is Rogers he has that gift. Keep wanting that perfect foot work and throwing motion guy. I will take this guy over that guy 10 ways to Sunday every day of the week. If we are lucky to get this guy I will be dancing in the street. I will take him with the first pick in the draft, he is that good.

3rd Take
Here is Patrick Mahomes playing against the great LSU Tigers Defense from the SEC in his Bowl Game. Just some unbelievable plays by Mahomes. These are the type of players he will be playing against in the NFL. Maybe he will have some offensive linemen to protect him. LSU is chasing him all over the field and the kid is just making plays like a Farve or Rogers would. This guy is special you can just see it, feel it and sense it. These might be his most interesting high lights because of the stud defense LSU has. This is fun to watch. It's like watching Farve in his prime

4th Take
You can't teach what Mahomes does and how he makes those throws in any of his games or in that LSU game against future NFL defenders. Only guys like Farve and Rogers and a hand full of other QB's can do that. I don't care what anyone says. I said it when the Bills passed on Russell Wilson and I say it right now.You pass on this guy your making a big mistake. I can't wait for the John Gruden QB camp thing with Mahomes. Just like the Russell Wilson one. Man you could just tell that he was going to be special. Here it is for those who missed Russell Wilson with John Gruden how do you not draft this guy after watching this

I will close By Saying this, Mahomes is the Guy I want but I like Watson a lot. Tyrod has to wait until his reciever is open before he throws it. Thats no way to play QB in the NFL. You have to throw it before they make there break and throw it over the middle, Time to move on for the Bills in my opinion.

I agree. This kid can make all the throws at the NFL level with his feet NOT set. That is huge and many do not get this.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000790629/article/chiefs-gm-john-dorsey-drafts-quarterbacks-arent-ready-to-play

To all those peeps itching to draft Watson, etc. this year, hold your horses. nobody ready to play in NFL. Nobody worth a top 10 pick.

Hang on till 2018! We got a tough sched this year, we'll likely get a top10 pick next year (sorry coach McD/Big Mac). Get your franchise QB next year coach!

Wait I am supposed to listed to a GM that might be putting information out to have a QB he wants slip. Yay Nah

I do. Mahomes.

There were grand comparisons to Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre but the first time I saw Mahomes play he reminded me of Matt Stafford.

That's a ceiling comparison and after 8 years Stafford has finally become a trustworthy second tier franchise QB....... but Mahomes looks and plays like the way that Stafford did at Georgia and early on with Detroit.......kind of a crap shoot win you a game with a great throw or cost you a game with dumb throws guy like him too.

That said, he's my favorite QB from this years class.......I just can't imagine giving him a starting job as a rookie and without making him battle an at least average NFL QB for the job before giving it to him.

He doesn't remind me of Carr or Prescott at all.