Tyrod reportedly looking at real estate in BUFFALO

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Situation's still fluid.

Wouldn't hazard a guess one way or the other.

Best guess is things will start to flesh out after NFL free agency opens.

jw

Just don't go on vacation this week

Situation's still fluid.

Wouldn't hazard a guess one way or the other.

Best guess is things will start to flesh out after NFL free agency opens.

jw

You post on these forums?? I've been in the wrong place for insider info.

This situation is embarrassing. How can the Bills not know yet? It reeks of dysfunction and no plan.

This situation is embarrassing. How can the Bills not know yet? It reeks of dysfunction and no plan.

To me it means they are holding out to see what happens before eliminating options. They know what they want and what they'd do in certain scenarios (I believe), but like the draft, I'll usually wait to turn my card in until I know what may be offered to me. Why paint yourself into a corner if you don't have to? "Things will start to flesh out after FA opens". Seems wise to me.

My guess is that the only option that has been eliminated is a contract restructuring. Too close to free agency for a deal not to be done. Tyrod won't restructure if he doesn't think the team is fully committed, which appears to be the case.

I'm sure they know what they are going to do given the available info they have right now. They are waiting to announce and make official in case something pops up to make them change their minds, and they just aren't leaking the info. That's why it is still fluid. Not like they are still ripping up game film and making pro and con lists.

It also makes the other teams like the Jets who are waiting on their decision have to wait to execute their plan too. Makes sense to hold off until they have all the info on what's available to them. That really started at the combine and will continue next day or 2. The fans and media aren't entitled to know now, when it benefits the team to wait.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't think its embarrassing or dysfunctional and I'm not a front office fanboy. I think it's smart because they don't have to make a decision until after FA is open and the musical chairs starts. If the other FA QBs sign quickly, a team(s) that didn't get a seat might be interested in TT in a trade. I think they're playing this right. They owe fans jack squat, just like TT. This is the contract both parties signed, the Bills have the right and he has none. In the end, I think they'd like someone to take him off their hands for some assets (pick, player, both) and buy a lower priced mediocre QB to be a bridge to either Jones or someone they draft. The reason is simple: if they knew he was the guy, they'd have stop letting him twist in the wind and called it, made it public. Doesn't take two months to arrive at this decision. They have no standing asking him to renegotiate. He can be released and earn more , he knows it. So they probably asked, he told them to eat a fat one, and they're working to build up potential interest and if none materialized, my money is on he stays.

I don't think its embarrassing or dysfunctional and I'm not a front office fanboy. I think it's smart because they don't have to make a decision until after FA is open and the musical chairs starts. If the other FA QBs sign quickly, a team(s) that didn't get a seat might be interested in TT in a trade. I think they're playing this right. They owe fans jack squat, just like TT. This is the contract both parties signed, the Bills have the right and he has none. In the end, I think they'd like someone to take him off their hands for some assets (pick, player, both) and buy a lower priced mediocre QB to be a bridge to either Jones or someone they draft. The reason is simple: if they knew he was the guy, they'd have stop letting him twist in the wind and called it, made it public. Doesn't take two months to arrive at this decision. They have no standing asking him to renegotiate. He can be released and earn more , he knows it. So they probably asked, he told them to eat a fat one, and they're working to build up potential interest and if none materialized, my money is on he stays.

Good post. I agree. I think Bills ideal scenario is Romo to Denver, Bills trade late round pick for Simien, Cleveland gets shut down by New England and gives a 2nd rounder for Tyrod.

It's a fluid situation.

Trouble committing to one thing without other things happening.

My understanding is when I'm told "no decision has been made," that's essentially accurate.

It depends.

And talk of a rift, though great in continuing the narrative, is overblown at best.

jw

It's a fluid situation.

Trouble committing to one thing without other things happening.

My understanding is when I'm told "no decision has been made," that's essentially accurate.

It depends.

And talk of a rift, though great in continuing the narrative, is overblown at best.

jw

Agreed. But I can confirm with certainly that Tyrod was looking at properties in OP. He's expecting his option to be picked up, but that doesn't mean it will be.

It's easy to be the Bills and wait until Saturday to shop all available QBs, and maybe get a proper trade offer.

Edited by KevinMassare