Are there any racist institutions? How and why.

29 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

I think NASCAR is a racist institution since it puts on a number of racists each year in locations throughout the country.

Only racists turn left all day.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo the SPLC today announced it fired one of its founders... supposedly for discriminated against his black colleagues.  

Southern Poverty Law Center fires co-founder Morris Dees

and

SPLC Co-Founder Morris Dees Fired, Outside Audit Ordered

</snip>

"Effective yesterday, Morris Dees’ employment at the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) was terminated," SPLC President Richard Cohen told The Montgomery Advertiser in a statement on Thursday. "As a civil rights organization, the SPLC is committed to ensuring that the conduct of our staff reflects the mission of the organization and the values we hope to instill in the world. When one of our own fails to meet those standards, no matter his or her role in the organization, we take it seriously and must take appropriate action."

</snip>

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

19 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Soooo the SPLC today announced it fired one of its founders... supposedly for discriminated against his black colleagues.  

and

</snip>

"Effective yesterday, Morris Dees’ employment at the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) was terminated," SPLC President Richard Cohen told The Montgomery Advertiser in a statement on Thursday. "As a civil rights organization, the SPLC is committed to ensuring that the conduct of our staff reflects the mission of the organization and the values we hope to instill in the world. When one of our own fails to meet those standards, no matter his or her role in the organization, we take it seriously and must take appropriate action."

</snip>

FANTASTIC news.

Morris Dees is scum. Glad he's out of a job.

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

"I’ve read the statement they issued," Dees said when asked if he knew why he was fired. "I feel like some of the things in the statement were unfortunate. But I refuse to say anything negative about the center or its employees. I’ll let my life’s work and reputation speak for itself."

Looks like he doesn't want to be labeled a 'hate group' by the SPLC for saying something negative about them.

This guy has a few tweets about the SPLC (columnist for Alabama paper) https://mobile.twitter.com/Josh_Moon

he said/she said/ they said going on.  If I had to guess, it is probably about the money more than anything (let's get rid of the old guy and spend those donations (and offshore accounts) our way). 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

On 2/28/2019 at 11:03 AM, Gary M said:

When will people learn that the true racists in this country...the people who truly despite minorities...are the Dems?

They despise them so much, they actually used them to get a black man elected president so his policies could literally make their lives worse.

On 3/14/2019 at 4:42 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

and

</snip>

</snip>

And there's more!

Southern Poverty Law Center chief Richard Cohen announces resignation amid internal upheaval

</snip>

The president of the Southern Poverty Law Center, Richard Cohen, announced his resignation Friday, the latest in a series of high-profile departures at the anti-hate organization that have come amid allegations of misconduct and workplace discrimination.

</snip>

Cohen’s resignation comes the same day as a resignation by the organization’s legal director, Rhonda Brownstein, who did not give a reason for her departure in a brief email to her colleagues. Brownstein did not respond to requests for comment

</snip>

46 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

I was told by a reliable source that every institution;  with the exception of the Democratic Party, of course, is racist.  

and that's institutionalized

• 1 month later...

I'm not even sure where to put this and I dont know that it needs it own thread, but did anyone see the article about the Cubs fan who got banned indefinitely for making  "white power" gesture while on camera?

I had no idea this was even a racist gesture. Evidently he also gave a peace sign beforehand which seems to a conflict of interest. 

13244828-7004991-image-m-4_1557322946166

56 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm not even sure where to put this and I dont know that it needs it own thread, but did anyone see the article about the Cubs fan who got banned indefinitely for making  "white power" gesture while on camera?

I had no idea this was even a racist gesture. Evidently he also gave a peace sign beforehand which seems to a conflict of interest. 

13244828-7004991-image-m-4_1557322946166

They've since banned that person from Wrigley Field.  

I read that in an article where they blurred the offensive gesture in the picture.  I am not even making that up, sadly.

15 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

They've since banned that person from Wrigley Field.  

I read that in an article where they blurred the offensive gesture in the picture.  I am not even making that up, sadly.

I think we used to make that sign when we were kids, then when someone looked at it we got to punch them. It was done stupid game. 

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I think we used to make that sign when we were kids, then when someone looked at it we got to punch them. It was done stupid game. 

When we were kids, we used Volkswagens instead of hand signs.