Per Carucci, Bills now leaning toward cutting Taylor

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're probably right about the coaches' view, but don't deceive yourself: Whaley DEFINITELY has a big say in this. I'm not saying it's determinative, but it's real.

I don't mean to imply Whaley has no input. He certainly does especially in terms of the practicalities I spoke of in an earlier post. But having a Big say is one thing, final say is quite another. And that resides with McD. In other words, if McD walks down the hall and says TT is our man, that's the end of it.

They wouldn't be in this spot now if Whaley didn't give him that ridiculous contract. I will not believe the Bills have turned the corner until we have a new GM.

Edited by Domdab99

This mentality is asinine.

Why can't people understand the concept of finding a franchise guy while keeping Tyrod here for the next couple years and giving your team an opportunity to win football games within those next two years?

Because Cap room? !@#$ing asinine.

It's mostly because Taylor stinks. McDermott has the video.

His hands are tied.

They wouldn't be in this spot now if Whaley didn't give him that ridiculous contract. I will not believe the Bills have turned the corner u till we have a new GM.

Wouldn't shock me if Tyrod's deal was ordered by Pegula. Whaley has been consistent with saying he wanted to see more out of Tyrod. The deal looked like a panic move by management.

OBD: We have not made a decision on Tyrod and will be evaluating all of our options

Carucci Reports: Bills unlikely to keep Taylor

OBD: We have not made a decision on Tyrod and will be evaluating all of our options

Carucci Reports: Bills are undecided, may keep Taylor now

Carucci Reports: Bills simply cannot make up their minds, now unlikely to keep Taylor

Cut him, cut McCoy, cut Kyle, trade Watkins and tank for Darnold.

Without those four guys this team isn't winning more than 3 games next year.

Great idea. What will you do when Darnold decides he does not want to play for the Bills and returns to school for another year or two?

This mentality is asinine.

Why can't people understand the concept of finding a franchise guy while keeping Tyrod here for the next couple years and giving your team an opportunity to win football games within those next two years?

Because Cap room? !@#$ing asinine.

Not popular perhaps, but there may be more practical considerations that are perfectly reasonable from a long range perspective. What's asinine to you is of little relevance to the Bills.

lol if Carp makes the FG the odds would have jumped up to close to 50% going into the Jets game Week 17.

Do you have to keep being intentionally obnoxious?

Guess you have better numbers. Iirc after Pitt/Oak losses we had less that 1% shot at playoffs.

Which rookie qb should we draft bro ?

Carucci Reports: Bills unlikely to keep Taylor

Carucci Reports: Bills are undecided, may keep Taylor now

Carucci Reports: Bills simply cannot make up their minds, now unlikely to keep Taylor

lol perfect

Could be that the Bills are sniffing around available QBs at the Combine. Lots of deals get worked out there. Agents and GMs work overtime on that stuff. The Bills might just be checking out their options at QB though. Looking to improve their situation and gauging the market doesn't NECESSARILY mean they are moving on from Taylor.

Guess you have better numbers. Iirc after Pitt/Oak losses we had less that 1% shot at playoffs.

Which rookie qb should we draft bro ?

We should draft two. Like every year. But not in the first this season unless maybe we trade down two or three times. Which I would recommend.

Great idea. What will you do when Darnold decides he does not want to play for the Bills and returns to school for another year or two?

Keep building the team.

The Bills haven't drafted a single long term building block since they drafted Marcell Dareus 5 years ago. All Whaley has done is add mediocre starters who are really only on the field because we don't have anyone better. Watkins is talented but he's not durable and I have no confidence in him signing a second contract here.

The Bills aren't built to succeed long term. They can add a piece or two and maybe sneak into the playoffs for a year if everything goes perfect, but long term this team isn't going anywhere. We don't have anywhere close to enough good young talent and have been relying far too much on the free agent market to mask our flaws.

Being really bad for 2-3 years isn't a problem. I'd rather load up on top 5 draft picks than keep finishing around .500 and missing the playoffs.