Can I refreshingly post about Whaley's incompetence?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Banned in 1 day. World record.

I don't know his past posting history, but if someone's first instinct is to battle everyone who crosses their path, including engaging in fights over timestamps :rolleyes: - that's a huge red flag. No one has the time to deal with that. If your timestamp is off, most people ask, "How can I fix my timestamp", not get your **** together and then call people internet tough guys when they wonder what the heck they are talking about. There was no sign of patience or grace while we try and sort everything out. I wish him the best, but he wasn't helping the current situation (unlike the vast majority of newcomers who have been really awesome so far).

I don't know his past posting history, but if someone's first instinct is to battle everyone who crosses their path, including engaging in fights over timestamps :rolleyes: - that's a huge red flag. No one has the time to deal with that. If your timestamp is off, most people ask, "How can I fix my timestamp", not get your **** together and then call people internet tough guys when they wonder what the heck they are talking about. There was no sign of patience or grace while we try and sort everything out. I wish him the best, but he wasn't helping the current situation (unlike the vast majority of newcomers who have been really awesome so far).

I'm going to seem ignorant here and being halfway through 5 decades in this world some internet slang kind of goes over my head. but what was the deal with "timestamp"?

I actually googled it and still could not understand the reason for getting in to a fight about it.

thanks in advance, old dogs can still learn new tricks... ;)

I certainly dont envy the job that you have to do around here to keep things running smoothly. However, as you (and pretty much everyone else has said), this was a no brainer.

If/when I have the power, I would've done the same thing. :thumbsup:

I'm going to seem ignorant here and being halfway through 5 decades in this world some internet slang kind of goes over my head. but what was the deal with "timestamp"?

I actually googled it and still could not understand the reason for getting in to a fight about it.

thanks in advance, old dogs can still learn new tricks... ;)

Most people want to see the time people post in their local time zone. So, if I live in Buffalo and I start a thread at noon, someone who lives in San Diego would want to see that time listed as 9:00am. The software stores the time any post is made in UTC format and then based upon an individual's setting - it corrects for local time.

If the time zone isn't correct for a user there is a setting here:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp

to correct for it. Most people just ask how to fix the incorrect time when they don't know how to make it right. Others just assume the rest of the world is incompetent and are too eager to let you know that. I'll gladly help the former, but life is too short for the latter. The latter is clearly a sign of a perspective on life that I don't share.

Most people want to see the time people post in their local time zone. So, if I live in Buffalo and I start a thread at noon, someone who lives in San Diego would want to see that time listed as 9:00am. The software stores the time any post is made in UTC format and then based upon an individual's setting - it corrects for local time.

If the time zone isn't correct for a user there is a setting here:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp

to correct for it. Most people just ask how to fix the incorrect time when they don't know how to make it right. Others just assume the rest of the world is incompetent and are too eager to let you know that. I'll gladly help the former, but life is too short for the latter.

I see, thank you for that information. apparently mine is set correctly...CST

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

This place should enact rules built into profile that all new members joining site can't post for at least 60 days and can't start new topics until they have at least 500 posts.

I've seen that sentiment a few times before and as someone with a low post count I thought I'd weigh in.

Just because someone doesn't have a high post count doesn't mean they don't have something useful to contribute. I think the vets on the board and the mods do a good job policing the site as witnessed in the past day. Setting an artificial limit might just encourage people to post unnecessarily to meet the quota.

I should have seen the writing on the wall when I was leveled with an infraction on BBMB for suggesting after the Bills hire their VP of Comm. that the best PR move they could have made this offseason would have been firing Whaley.

Maybe I'll have more freedom here and be better off. I'm still pretty devastated, however seeing that social media is not my platform.

As long as we can post about your incompetence in searching for old threads on subject.

Time to revisit allowing new posters to start threads IMO.