Nathan Peterman

He's got as good a chance as any in this class, I think. I'd take him in the 4th or later.

He's got good feet and pocket movement. Seems like a good leader and competitor. I question his accuracy, decision making, and ball protection, though. Would the Bills be committed enough to develop him properly? Probably not.

I'd rather they not waste a pick on any QB this year. They'll most likely be in position to take a guy like Josh Allen or Luke Falk next year.

i hear ya...big Luke Falk fan here...im hoping it wouldn't discourage the team from drafting a top QB next year...but Peterman could be our Frank Reich...I don't see franchise QBs in this years draft.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this QB; too often we are enamored with big arms and gaudy numbers....but the best NFL QBs are smart, accurate ones. Brady was a combine bust, Romo was Undrafted, others were believed to be too weak or in Wilson's case - too short - but good to great QBs can run a Pro Style offense, read Defenses, lead the Offense, and make crisp accurate throws. So, I'll take that gamble over physical traits if I have to choose.

So, it looks like there is a possibility the Bills will pass up on TT if they fall in love with a QB at the combine or feel a veteran FA would be a better option. If we decide to draft a guy, I would love to see us land this guy. He seems like he could be a potential franchise QB.

You can argue that Kizer, Trubisky, and Watson are the top three at the position and will most likely go in the first round, but I really like this Nathan Peterman guy in the second round. He seems like he would be a perfect fit in our new offensive system with his skillset, but most importantly, he has the ability to read across the field. Below is a write up from NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/nathan-peterman?id=2558191

If we do decide to settle on this guy, I am sure he will be there in the second round. So that gives us an opportunity to go after one of the top WR prospects or a replacement for Stephon Gilmore. I don't see us taking a Safety that high, but we could go after Reuben Foster if he lights up the combine and is still available. The later prospect would only be in play if McD doesn't think Preston Brown is capable in his scheme, and we don't re-sign Zach Brown.

kid is a backup, we have more important things to do in the second than draft some noodle bench warmer.

Oh, he'll be there in the 2nd, for sure.

I mean, he SHOULD still be on the board in the 6th. Not an NFL QB.

:thumbsup:

Phone-Book-51.jpg

kid is a backup, we have more important things to do in the second than draft some noodle bench warmer.

This was only if the Bills gave up on TT. I still think this guy is the most "NFL" ready QB in the draft though. I don't think he will be a star, but he will definitely be a solid starter in the right scheme.

I came up with a different draft scenario after all of the off-season moves. Complete 180 compared to where I was here. You may have seen it in several threads because I was ticked off that there were 17 different mock threads. Lol

Check it out below:

After looking at the Bills depth for all positions, I believe the most glairing need based on depth is at OLB, with CB coming in at a close second, and DE coming in at a distant third. WR, Safety, and RT have a lot of depth, but still have question marks.

Within the draft, I really don't see a lot of depth at LB in the later rounds that would produce a possible day 1 starter. That would be my # 1 need since we have two starting OLBs that are career special teams aces. DB is stacked this year, and I believe we can find a day 1 starter / contributor in the later rounds. DE is set with their two starters, but lack serious depth in a scheme that requires a lot of subbing in and out. Fortunately there is some solid depth here as well that we can address in the later rounds as well. We have projected starters, and projected backups for WR, S, and RT, but seriously lack the guy we truly desire so I could see us making a play on either one of these positions early in the draft. With this being said, here is my prediction for the upcoming draft.

1-10: Trade to Browns for 1-12, 4-108, 5-175 (Browns take Deshaun Watson)

1-12: Bills take OLB Ha'ason Reddick (With his athleticism, he'll fit any scheme. I project him to play the "Will" but will rush the passer often)

2-44: Bills take TE Evan Engram (Will be primarily a move TE with Clay / O'Leary filling most blocking duties)

3-75: Bills take CB Shaquill Griffin (Could start day 1. Physical, long armed, tackling CB)

4-108: Bills take DE Dawuane Smoot (More of a run defending DE, but would be thrown in rotation immediately)

5-156: Bills take WR Robert Davis (Had a great combine, but lacked production in college. Will play a role on special teams)

5-171 Bills take CB Brian Allen (Another combine freak. Could push for playing time, but needs a lot of work)

5-175 Bills take WR Levonte "Kermit" Whitfield (Kermit provides insurance to Listenbee, and is also a great return man)

6-195 Bills take OL Jerry Ugokwe (McDermott likes this kids potential as well as the school he comes from)

Well there you have it. As you can see there are no QBs taken this year, but the Bills will surely add one via free agency after the draft. The Bills will also sign a few more pass rushers and LBs as well.

GO BILLS!

I've watched game film of 4 QBs so far this season. I've still got to go watch Kizer who I wrote off after seeing him play live (briefly). But I like Peterman better than Trubisky, Mahomes and Watson. His arm strength is certainly a question and I think he fits a WC or other offense with mostly quick throws much more so than Buffalo's vertical passing game, but he's the only one I really like above the shoulders. He's definitely not Derek Carr, he is more Andy Dalton.

Edited to add: Just watched Kizer's game against Stanford. I didn't think there was any way he could've been as bad as I remembered. He is. He's just abysmal. Tons of physical ability, but zero feel for the game. Its incomprehensible that he could have that much talent and be so bad.

Watch year one, before Kelly had the chance to ruin him. I tell you all it is NOT all on Kizer. Watch the game against UVA, watch the Clemson game, Watch any game from 2015. Hell, he was good in the Texas game opening this year, even though Kelly tried to run a 2 QB system. I happen to think Kelly is the MOST overrated coach in college football. He is also a massive douche nozzle who throws his kids under the bus, EVEN AFTER THEY ARE GONE, just like he tried to do with Deshone. A salty af ex-coach still trying to talk sh*t about a former player (whom he wishes would have stayed) in a round about way. Complete d*ck move. I am waiting for the day with joyful anticipation that he gets fired in South Bend. Don't get me wrong, there are things about Kizer that I have noted in other threads that bother me. His field vision at times and his footwork, but he is an extremely intelligent young man who has a massive potential for growth at the position. He needs to land in the right place with a Bruce Arians, or Andy Reid, or a Kyle Shanahan. A coach who knows how to bring a QB along.

Watch year one, before Kelly had the chance to ruin him. I tell you all it is NOT all on Kizer. Watch the game against UVA, watch the Clemson game, Watch any game from 2015. Hell, he was good in the Texas game opening this year, even though Kelly tried to run a 2 QB system. I happen to think Kelly is the MOST overrated coach in college football. He is also a massive douche nozzle who throws his kids under the bus, EVEN AFTER THEY ARE GONE, just like he tried to do with Deshone. A salty af ex-coach still trying to talk sh*t about a former player (whom he wishes would have stayed) in a round about way. Complete d*ck move. I am waiting for the day with joyful anticipation that he gets fired in South Bend. Don't get me wrong, there are things about Kizer that I have noted in other threads that bother me. His field vision at times and his footwork, but he is an extremely intelligent young man who has a massive potential for growth at the position. He needs to land in the right place with a Bruce Arians, or Andy Reid, or a Kyle Shanahan. A coach who knows how to bring a QB along.

Fair enough. I'll check out some of his 2015 game film.