Like a Phoenix from the ashes, CJ Spiller on the Chiefs

FireChan

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite CJ game of all time was the home opener against the chiefs. He was completely unstoppable that game

I am from new england and made the trip for that game. He was a beast(That day) . He actually gave the ball to a kid sitting two seats over from me after he scored a touchdown.

Edited by XXL Franchize

Cant disagree here. While there is always excitement and optimism when you take a highly touted play maker in the draft, there was just absolutely no need for us to draft one at RB with the 9th pick when we had Lynch and Freddie. Even more foolish, is that he was drafted to be more of a change of pace back that Gailey liked to call a "scat" back. So we used the 9th pick in a loaded draft to take a THIRD RB that was intended to be part of a duo rather than a bell cow type player. Spiller showed a lot of promise and hope for proving the gamble worth it after his one big season, then did nothing ever again and compounded the mistake of taking a RB at 9 when you had 2 really good ones already.

Even if Ezekiel Elliot had been in the draft, it would have been dumb to take him given we had Lynch and Freddie. I know they had soured on Lynch, and rightfully so given his block head off-field non sense at the time, but RB was FAR from a need even if they wanted to trade him as we had Freddie still and could have added another one later if need be.

We had so many other needs and so many great players at positions that needed help went right after Spiller over the next 15 picks in no particular order. This was worse than taking Whitner over what was thought to be a lock of Ngata because at least we NEEDED a Safety at the time. We did not need a RB with this pick.

S - Earl Thomas

DE - JPP

WR - Demaryius Thomas, Dez Bryant

G - Mike Iupati

OT - Bryan Bulaga

Man just more reasons why I hated Chan Gailey. Making matters worse, when Freddie and CJ were crushing it on the ground game with 6 to 7 yards per carry in the first half of a game, he would then rush 3 times the 2nd half and put the game on noodle arm Ryan FitzCrapTrick who would then throw us right out of the game. FU Gailey...you were the worst.

This has been my complaint with the Bills for decades. :(

That draft was decent......

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/years/2010

If they had offers, they could have traded down and selected (in addition to those you list) Pouncy, Brandon Graham or Gronk, AND had an extra pick! Instead, they went for a running back. They do the same thing with defensive backs, and may do it again this year.

Look, Gilmore is going to book; poor A. Williams needs to quit while he is able to walk. That said, I don't want the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rated defensive back at 10. It doesn't work. We should trade back and gain extra picks that Whaley threw away, or jump on a qb or pass rusher.

jmo.

This has been my complaint with the Bills for decades. :(

That draft was decent......

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/years/2010

If they had offers, they could have traded down and selected (in addition to those you list) Pouncy, Brandon Graham or Gronk, AND had an extra pick! Instead, they went for a running back. They do the same thing with defensive backs, and may do it again this year.

Look, Gilmore is going to book; poor A. Williams needs to quit while he is able to walk. That said, I don't want the 2nd, 3rd or 4th rated defensive back at 10. It doesn't work. We should trade back and gain extra picks that Whaley threw away, or jump on a qb or pass rusher.

jmo.

All good points and I didn't include Pouncey because we had Eric Wood at the time and wasn't a realistic alternate pick, but yes, just further proof of how much talent was there.

I do disagree with your assessment this year on the defensive backfield. The guys we could take at 10 this year not only are in positions of immediate need for all the reason you listed, but legit top 10 talent picks. For instance, both Safeties are worthy of the top 10 pick this year that we could potentially take at 10, and quite frankly its possible neither will even still be there. It wouldn't be like when we reached for Whitner over Ngata. I also don't hate the idea of trading back given we don't have a 4th rounder and could use more picks to bolster us at weaker areas like WR, S, CB, and RT. Although I have to admit, my preference is to stay at 10 and take the best prospect available as there are some elite prospects I think we shouldn't pass up on there.

Keep in mind, going into FA we likely need to find 3 new starters in our defensive backfield. If we can get either S or Lattimore at 10, they would all be good choices. That being said, I hope we don't have to draft a CB high and address that position to replace Gilmore (assuming he leaves as expected) through FA as there are some good targets there.

Kansas City ChiefsVerified account‏@Chiefs

Roster move: We have signed free agent running back C.J. Spiller.

C5cG2elU4AAcIcN.jpg

10:06 AM - 24 Feb 2017

Is he going for being cut by every team in the league before 33?

At least he finally gets an OC that can use him to his strengths, unlike that darn Doug Marrone!

CJ gets winded

Often

He is actually a good fit there for that offense, so makes sense. Not sure how much he has left in the tank, so no lock for the roster. But probably the best fit for him to compete for a roster spot

?? He's had 126 carries over the past 3 years (on 4 different teams)! He's picking splinters out of his azz all season...

?? He's had 126 carries over the past 3 years (on 4 different teams)! He's picking splinters out of his azz all season...

Ha, yeah just meant his body...struggled to stay healthy and his value is in his explosiveness, so if that loses a step then he is done.

Curious how many Kool Aid drinkers here defended the Bills and the wasted 9th overall pick on him in the draft at the time.

I'm sure it's a fair bunch, and they are probably all making fun of CJ now.

Ryan L and C.Biscuit were breathing fire at folks who criticized CJ and they were dead certain he was going to be awesome in New Orleans........."Lock it Down" said Ryan L :lol: ........but they are not to be found in this thread.

I think most of the people who thought he was great just say nothing about him now.......which is probably for the best. :thumbsup:

Ryan L and C.Biscuit were breathing fire at folks who criticized CJ and they were dead certain he was going to be awesome in New Orleans........."Lock it Down" said Ryan L :lol: ........but they are not to be found in this thread.

I think most of the people who thought he was great just say nothing about him now.......which is probably for the best. :thumbsup:

Try looking up 3 posts. Try not going back 5 years for content.

Sorry you pantsed yourself like a skid row Skip Bayless with those hot Lesean Mccoy takes.

Youll stop being the new Mario for Skelton in time. Just stay low.

Cj Spillers 1700 yard season was so terrible.

Edited by Ryan L Billz