AJ Klein looking for starting opportunity;signing w/ Saints

YoloinOhio

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's average at best on special twam

I don't think I mentioned special teams. Sometimes it's just nice to have a cheap backup with experience in the league who can play in case of an injury. P. Brown could fill in (maybe not excel, but fill in) at any of the LB spots in the case of an in-game injury, at the low price of $900k for one year.

Unless someone comes knocking with a 4th round pick or higher, you keep the value.

I say let him backup and then walk -- he'd count in our comp pick equation next year too so that's a value that's about on par with any trade now

Who has more value. ...

Pbrown or equal to pbrown safety?

To an average team linebacker. But we dont need brown. He isn't that good. And we have issues at safety

It seems like people on this board forget that you need depth behind your starters. Just because you might sign Klein and Z. Brown and have Ragland on the roster doesn't mean you have to dump P. Brown. You always have injuries and can't field an NFL team with 3 LBs. It's true that P. Brown hasn't played as well as in the past, but he is an experienced player who isn't expensive and might perform better under a new DC/in a new scheme. Plus, Ragland is an unknown. That said, signing Z. Brown may be an issue due to salary cap concerns. But my overall point is that you don't have to dump "D" just because you signed "A, B and C."

I really like this guy. Many people don't realize how athletic he is. Ran in the 4.6s, plays mike and will in this defense. I would totally sign off on this blue collar, hungry and competitive player..

Yeah, but is he high-motor? A lunch pail, gym rat kind of player?

• 2 weeks later...

P Brown actually played his best for Schwartz as Wlb.Don't ask me how,but he did. So put him at Wlb,and Ragland at Slb. We Need a mike. If we lose out on Cunningham or Reddick to play Will,then p Brown by default man's that spot,leaving a hole at Mike. If it plays out that way, I'm pulling for Jarrad Davis to play Mike. He runs sideline to sideline, and is a thumper. Him and Rags would make backs cringe in this D

I also think that those three are interchangeable, if not stellar at their scheduled positions. It would make a nice tool for coach to move them all around,leaving Brady and the likes second guess coverages. Just my thought on it....

Maybe we should let McDermott make the determination if he has value in his defense? Just a thought...

yep. I'm fairly certain I know as much as he does about the defense. At least at this point. He hasn't coached or worked with any player yet.

I am not a huge Aaron Williams fan. But it was a mistake to cut him.

And yes. I really am saying I know defense, this defense, as good as our head coach. I didn't stutter. And I'm willing to back it up with discussion.

I also said Hughes is in trouble as an every down starter and regressing.

Edited by Boyst62

yep. I'm fairly certain I know as much as he does about the defense. At least at this point. He hasn't coached or worked with any player yet.

I am not a huge Aaron Williams fan. But it was a mistake to cut him.

And yes. I really am saying I know defense, this defense, as good as our head coach. I didn't stutter. And I'm willing to back it up with discussion.

I also said Hughes is in trouble as an every down starter and regressing.

This might be the silliest thing I've ever read on any message board. Edited by Teeflebees