The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Trump says maybe US will have a president for life someday

the crap that flies from his empty head.  

CNN, the ones making a big deal about this, were the ones who were making articles about how Obama in lieu of having to elect either Clinton or Trump could remain in power. Then once Trump was elected when articles about how Obama could not continue to stay in office even though Trump won the election

There were many other sources talking about this, this article and this story are nothing

That came from yahoo cited as an AP piece. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-maybe-us-president-life-someday-013540040--politics.html

Trump's remarks were met with laughter and applause during a luncheon for Republican donors Saturday at his South Florida estate. CNN said it obtained a recording of the remarks.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

18 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-maybe-us-president-life-someday-013540040--politics.html

Trump's remarks were met with laughter and applause during a luncheon for Republican donors Saturday at his South Florida estate. CNN said it obtained a recording of the remarks.

I get it, it's just called pandering. It plays two his base and  his opposition. One thing he is been masterful at is getting the opposition to Chase everything that he says as it's written in stone and will happen. The most wild and crazy bull **** ends up happening and then people are surprised after he warned them.

57 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Considering Trump's age, he might spend the remainder of his life as President

Lincoln was President for life.  So, the Republicans have a history with this proposition.

IMPEACH!!!!!!!

:P

47 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Did you poop your pants and faint like a hysterical Freud patient?

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You guys fall for this crap every time. He's says something in jest, the media distorts it and the lemmings who only want to disparage him jump all over it.

Amen.

CNN spreads the manure and Shady and gator breathlessly play in it. 

When you react to his every stupid utterance, it gives away your desperation 

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Considering Trump's age, he might spend the remainder of his life as President

Valid point.  

44 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Amen.

CNN spreads the manure and Shady and gator breathlessly play in it. 

When you react to his every stupid utterance, it gives away your desperation 

Ahhh there it is.  I get rational responses and then the reason why people don’t like to come to the PPP.  

Good job.    

48 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Did you poop your pants and faint like a hysterical Freud patient?

No, actually I got a good laugh at the MAGA guy wanting or thinking about what this countries founding fathers set in place.  

56 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You guys fall for this crap every time. He's says something in jest, the media distorts it and the lemmings who only want to disparage him jump all over it.

The problem is we hear it too much for a guy in his position.  

Who does he thinks he is?  Me??!

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

8 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Who does he thinks he is?  Me??!

It's his MO. He's had success all his life with it. Why would he change now? We elected this guy and the facts are that he's accomplished a lot so far.

Chinese President Xi Jinping recently consolidated power. Trump told the gathering: "He's now president for life. President for life. And he's great." Trump added, "I think it's great. Maybe we'll give that a shot someday."

Yep, you guys are right. This is certainly serious business. 

Its difficult to know wether to laugh or cry at the left's desperation here. 

Which is well represented by the lemmings on this board. 

He mentioned  " President For Life" everyone panic !!!

?

27 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Chinese President Xi Jinping recently consolidated power. Trump told the gathering: "He's now president for life. President for life. And he's great." Trump added, "I think it's great. Maybe we'll give that a shot someday."

Yep, you guys are right. This is certainly serious business. 

Its difficult to know wether to laugh or cry at the left's desperation here. 

Which is well represented by the lemmings on this board. 

He mentioned  " President For Life" everyone panic !!!

?

To all you lefties that this might concern:

This is why we can't give up our 2nd Amendment rights. We need to stand steadfastly against this administration trying to make Trump our King. Now do you understand? Trump and his band of merry men will never get me to go along with his long held ambitions to become King. They'll have to pry my cold, dead fingers from my AR-15 to get it.

-)

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I tend to think he more likely preserved us from that by defeating Hillary Antoinette.

53 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

It's funny how people on the left, after eight years of Obama, think they finally see a president lacking intelligence.

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

It's funny how people on the left, after eight years of Obama, think they finally see a president lacking intelligence.

After all of the things that Trump has said publicly, do any of them concern you as much as Obama when he was inadvertently overheard saying that he could be more flexible after the election?

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

After all of the things that Trump has said publicly, do any of them concern you as much as Obama when he was inadvertently overheard saying that he could be more flexible after the election?

That doesn't speak to Obama's lack of intelligence so much as he lack of awareness.

Some good humor from 45 at the Gridiron Dinner. 

"I won't rule out direct talks with Kim Jong Un, I just won't. As far as the risk of dealing with a madman is concerned, that’s his problem not mine," Trump said. 

“I offered him a ride over and he recused himself,” Trump said, regarding Jeff Sessions, according to a White House press pool report.

Trump compared being president to hosting "The Apprentice"

"In one job I had to manage a cutthroat cast of characters, desperate for TV time, totally unprepared for their roles and their jobs and each week afraid of having their asses fired, and the other job I was the host of a smash television hit," Trump reportedly joked.

Troll on, oh Head of State! :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

What would have to happen here, in the United States, for our government to have a President for Life?

Other nations have/have had such leadership.

What sorts of events usually occurred in those nations prior to someone holding that title?

Do you think it is possible for those sorts of events to happen in the United States?

Why or why not?

2 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Some good humor from 45 at the Gridiron Dinner. 

"I won't rule out direct talks with Kim Jong Un, I just won't. As far as the risk of dealing with a madman is concerned, that’s his problem not mine," Trump said. 

“I offered him a ride over and he recused himself,” Trump said, regarding Jeff Sessions, according to a White House press pool report.

Trump compared being president to hosting "The Apprentice"

"In one job I had to manage a cutthroat cast of characters, desperate for TV time, totally unprepared for their roles and their jobs and each week afraid of having their asses fired, and the other job I was the host of a smash television hit," Trump reportedly joked.

Troll on, oh Head of State! :lol:

I liked the Kushner joke... 

"We were late tonight because Jared could not get through security"

• Like (+1) 1