The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

(questionable sources alert!) ;)

WAPO: Trump taps his doctor to replace Shulkin at VA, choosing personal chemistry over traditional qualifications.

Flashback, NYT: The Aspiring Novelist Who Became Obama’s Foreign-Policy Guru — How Ben Rhodes rewrote the rules of diplomacy for the digital age.

It’s almost as though there’s one set of standards for inexperienced Republican appointees, and a completely different set for Democrats.

Correct. And they leave out the fact Robby's record (across administrations) is flawless... Whereas Shulkin is a corrupt POS. 

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Boy................THAT was a quick (and stupid) response.

Ousted VA Chief: I refused to let the free market ruin the VA, so they pushed me out

c97c7732-c88d-44d8-b156-0f5326a51222.jpg....They saw me as an obstacle to privatization who had to be removed.”

LOL

If what he was doing was in opposition to the free market, it's the best argument against government planning in the whole history of ever.

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

If what he was doing was in opposition to the free market, it's the best argument against government planning in the whole history of ever.

What free market is he in opposition to?  Obamacare?  

:rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1

rKWph8mW_bigger.jpgJared Yates SextonVerified account @JYSexton
FollowFollow @JYSexton
In the wake of my Roseanne article I've been contacted by multiple people at ABC who've told me there's a real discomfort among many of the employees with the propagandist nature of the reboot and a feeling that the project is meant to monetize Trump's base.
10:08 AM - 31 Mar 2018

Roseanne's sin is not portraying the caricature of the Trump voter the media wants to see.

23 minutes ago, B-Man said:

DAILY TRACKING POLL: Trump Hits 50% Approval. Only 49% disapprove.

Plus: “Trump’s overall job approval rating is now running ahead of where Barack Obama’s was at this stage of his presidency.”

Weird, you’d never guess that from watching the news.

I am skeptical of polls in general after the past 24 months, but if that's accurate it's mighty impressive considering the media coverage (as you alluded to) has been 95% negative versus how positive/hyped the coverage was of 44's first year. 

Polls are rigged in favour of non-conservative clients.  The questions asked and process of choosing whom they ask tilt it.

And conservatives are learning, one by one, to never talk to pollsters, or tell them "undecided".

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

DAILY TRACKING POLL: Trump Hits 50% Approval. Only 49% disapprove.

Plus: “Trump’s overall job approval rating is now running ahead of where Barack Obama’s was at this stage of his presidency.”

Weird, you’d never guess that from watching the news.

Rasmussen has always leaned right so it's not surprising.  It's an outlier.  FWIW, IBD/TIPP was the most accurate in the 2016 election.  Polls are just a snapshot in time though so it's pointless to even pay attention to them until election time.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/ibdtipp-poll-nails-it-again/

Monday, April 2
Race/Topic   (Click to Sort) Poll Results Spread
President Trump Job Approval Harvard-Harris Approve 44, Disapprove 56 Disapprove +12
President Trump Job Approval IBD/TIPP Approve 38, Disapprove 56 Disapprove +18
President Trump Job Approval Gallup Approve 39, Disapprove 55 Disapprove +16
President Trump Job Approval Rasmussen Reports Approve 50, Disapprove 49 Approve +1
2018 Generic Congressional Vote Harvard-Harris Democrats 45, Republicans 34 Democrats +11
Direction of Country Rasmussen Reports Right Direction 38, Wrong Track 55

Edited by Doc Brown

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Rasmussen has always leaned right so it's not surprising.  It's an outlier.  FWIW, IBD/TIPP was the most accurate in the 2016 election.  Polls are just a snapshot in time though so it's pointless to even pay attention to them until election time.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/ibdtipp-poll-nails-it-again/

Monday, April 2
Race/Topic   (Click to Sort) Poll Results Spread
President Trump Job Approval Harvard-Harris Approve 44, Disapprove 56 Disapprove +12
President Trump Job Approval IBD/TIPP Approve 38, Disapprove 56 Disapprove +18
President Trump Job Approval Gallup Approve 39, Disapprove 55 Disapprove +16
President Trump Job Approval Rasmussen Reports Approve 50, Disapprove 49 Approve +1
2018 Generic Congressional Vote Harvard-Harris Democrats 45, Republicans 34 Democrats +11
Direction of Country Rasmussen Reports Right Direction 38, Wrong Track 55

Rassmussen doesn't lean right, it uses a different polling strategy.  They only poll likely voters.

56 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Rassmussen doesn't lean right, it uses a different polling strategy.  They only poll likely voters.

That's true, but if I remember correctly they only use landlines which tend to under represent younger, poorer, and more urban voters.  I remember wondering why Rasmussen always had Obama rated lower than every other polling company.

Edited by Doc Brown