The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

12 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

DdNVAC8XkAAQATz.jpg

The Daily News isn't failing for nothing.

I live in the NYC metro area and I can't remember the last time I bought and/or read The Daily News.

Left wing propaganda at its finest.

35 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Kind of an odd headline, no?

No.

It's exactly how I would expect the NYT's to mis-represent what happened.

your-headline-is-bad_new.jpg

du26VX8P_normal.jpg

No violence in the West Bank.
No violence in Jordan.
No protests in the Arab Street.
Only Hamas.
Only a terrorist group that urged its militants to attack Israel. Terrorists who refuse to recognize Israel’s right to exist.

And this is how the NYT covers it. Shame.

AT THE AP, THE NEWS IS WHAT DIDN’T HAPPEN

Earlier today, President Trump met with a group of Republican senators. This is how the Associated Press headlines its story on the meeting: “GOP senators lunch with Trump, don’t bring up McCain remark.” The AP story begins:

President Donald Trump appeared to be in a good mood Tuesday when he met privately with Senate Republicans, buoyed by primary election results and talks with North Korea, and bypassing any serious discussion of high-profile trouble spots in the administration.

Senators did not ask about a White House aide’s crass remark of ailing GOP Sen. John McCain. They did not bring up special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian election interference.

Got that? The AP thinks the most important thing about the meeting is the topics that didn’t come up, because there was no reason why they should. Indeed, if you read far enough, you get Senator Corker’s response when he was asked by a reporter about the McCain comment:

“That’s not what we do in these meetings,” Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., told reporters. “No one would have ever brought up something like that.”

Nevertheless, the AP insists that the most important fact about the meeting is a topic that was irrelevant to the meeting. The reporter adds:

But much like when Trump was headed to the GOP Senate lunch to talk policy in October 2017, the White House agenda was eclipsed by another story.

That story being the White House aide’s comment about McCain. But how did that week-old story “eclipse” the president’s agenda? It evidently didn’t; in fact, it wasn’t even discussed. It is only in the mind of the AP’s Democratic Party reporter that there is any connection between the aide’s reference to McCain and today’s meeting.

But that’s the AP’s story, and they’re sticking to it.

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

AT THE AP, THE NEWS IS WHAT DIDN’T HAPPEN

Earlier today, President Trump met with a group of Republican senators. This is how the Associated Press headlines its story on the meeting: “GOP senators lunch with Trump, don’t bring up McCain remark.” The AP story begins:

President Donald Trump appeared to be in a good mood Tuesday when he met privately with Senate Republicans, buoyed by primary election results and talks with North Korea, and bypassing any serious discussion of high-profile trouble spots in the administration.

Senators did not ask about a White House aide’s crass remark of ailing GOP Sen. John McCain. They did not bring up special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian election interference.

Got that? The AP thinks the most important thing about the meeting is the topics that didn’t come up, because there was no reason why they should. Indeed, if you read far enough, you get Senator Corker’s response when he was asked by a reporter about the McCain comment:

“That’s not what we do in these meetings,” Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., told reporters. “No one would have ever brought up something like that.”

Nevertheless, the AP insists that the most important fact about the meeting is a topic that was irrelevant to the meeting. The reporter adds:

But much like when Trump was headed to the GOP Senate lunch to talk policy in October 2017, the White House agenda was eclipsed by another story.

That story being the White House aide’s comment about McCain. But how did that week-old story “eclipse” the president’s agenda? It evidently didn’t; in fact, it wasn’t even discussed. It is only in the mind of the AP’s Democratic Party reporter that there is any connection between the aide’s reference to McCain and today’s meeting.

But that’s the AP’s story, and they’re sticking to it.

Did I miss something?  Was that remark about McCain during a press conference, or a public policy statement or something?  

'Cause I just heard today (and I haven't been following the story, because I don't care) that it was a private comment in a private meeting in the White House that was leaked, and everyone's demanding a public apology from the White House for the insulting statement.  And I can't help but think "On my team, if someone says something stupid and crass in private, we handle it in private."  If someone demands public flagellation for a private lapse, the only answer they get is "Private matter.  It's been handled.  !@#$ off." 

Is the media really demanding an apology for an insult that they're responsible for delivering fourth-hand?  :wacko:  This is so byzantine, it's even beyond "passing notes in study hall" stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Did I miss something?  Was that remark about McCain during a press conference, or a public policy statement or something?  

'Cause I just heard today (and I haven't been following the story, because I don't care) that it was a private comment in a private meeting in the White House that was leaked, and everyone's demanding a public apology from the White House for the insulting statement.  And I can't help but think "On my team, if someone says something stupid and crass in private, we handle it in private."  If someone demands public flagellation for a private lapse, the only answer they get is "Private matter.  It's been handled.  !@#$ off." 

Is the media really demanding an apology for an insult that they're responsible for delivering fourth-hand?  :wacko:  This is so byzantine, it's even beyond "passing notes in study hall" stupid.

Where have you been Rip Van Winkle? This story has been going on for several days all because the MSM wants to keep it alive and attempt to embarrass Trump in every way they can.

26 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

In all fairness, the media will always protect a loyal Democrat like McCain.

35 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Where have you been Rip Van Winkle? This story has been going on for several days all because the MSM wants to keep it alive and attempt to embarrass Trump in every way they can.

"I haven't been following the story, because I don't care."

Which part of that did you not understand, gator?

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"I haven't been following the story, because I don't care."

Which part of that did you not understand, gator?

You just had to do it, didn't you? Didn't you notice how peaceful it was around here today? Do you need a clue why? You're the guy that comes up to the pitcher in the dugout and reminds him he's throwing a no-hitter------------------------------------in the 8th inning.  !@#$ing idiot!

Regardless if you care or not, you'd have to be holed-up in your mother's basement without a tv, phone , computer, etc. to not know that this story has basically surpassed the Stormy Daniels story in the eyes of the MSM. That was the Rip Van Winkle reference. Do I need to explain that too?

7 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

The Most Trusted Name in Muted Airport TVs tweets out an image of Trump in crosshairs then quickly deletes the Tweet

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/cnn-analyst-chris-cillizza-deletes-tweet-showing-trump-in-crosshairs

It was umm, a computer problem.  Perhaps the software was written by Russian Hackers.

What in the ever living f-ck is @CNN doing?

This is an assassination threat on our President!https://t.co/erF5UzoT0cpic.twitter.com/YPpS0o3A33

— Mike Cernovich ?? (@Cernovich) May 15, 2018

just a slight overreaction ?

4 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

The Most Trusted Name in Muted Airport TVs tweets out an image of Trump in crosshairs then quickly deletes the Tweet

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/cnn-analyst-chris-cillizza-deletes-tweet-showing-trump-in-crosshairs

It was umm, a computer problem.  Perhaps the software was written by Russian Hackers.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as this is the software they're dealing with, but review your tweets before you send it man.  Even if it is only CNN.

DdQd3nXXkAEtlkl.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

You just had to do it, didn't you? Didn't you notice how peaceful it was around here today? Do you need a clue why? You're the guy that comes up to the pitcher in the dugout and reminds him he's throwing a no-hitter------------------------------------in the 8th inning.  !@#$ing idiot!

Regardless if you care or not, you'd have to be holed-up in your mother's basement without a tv, phone , computer, etc. to not know that this story has basically surpassed the Stormy Daniels story in the eyes of the MSM. That was the Rip Van Winkle reference. Do I need to explain that too?

I haven't been following the MSM, either.  Because I don't care about the bull **** they report.

But excuse me for not keeping up to date on your trivialities.

2 hours ago, ALF said:

just a slight overreaction ?

Wasn't when Giffords was shot.

On 5/15/2018 at 1:56 PM, Logic said:

Well...

Tepper once called Donald Trump a "demented, narcissistic scumbag", so...

At least we know he has good judgement!  

?

I'll show myself out...

What's up?  Engage your PPP **** where it belongs, you retard

Grow a pair of balls, don't just keep them in your mouth and take your Trump Denial Syndrome and retarded comments to somewhere here where you show you lack logic and instead sufficiently supply 47 functioning chromosomes

Well.................Business as usual

Andrea_Mitchell_Twitter_profile_headshotAndrea MitchellVerified account @mitchellreports
FollowFollow @mitchellreports

A tough take down by the California governor after @realDonaldTrump calls people trying to get into the country "animals" not people.

That’s not what he said & not even remotely close to the context. The animals comment was in response to concerns about MS-13. Backing MS-13 over Trump isn’t the media narrative road I’d go down but this is going to be another rake so have at it

This is exactly the kind of bullsh*t Trump exploits.

Edited by B-Man