Romo to KC rumor could make Bills landing spot for A. Smith

YoloinOhio

@chiefsinsider

Romo to KC chatter has picked up significantly since Peter King's MMQB piece this morning. I'd say now at 50/50 up from 10/90 per my spies.

If Tony Romo deal gets done with KC, told Smith landing spots include #49ers, #Jets & #Bills Also, Nick Foles hopes to stay with #Chiefs.

I'm in no way stating it's a good idea but it has legs despite soon to be denials from KC on the rumor.

Just rumblings right now. I'd say it's good intel. Now Will it happen? Far from certain. This is #Chiefs after all!

@jumosq

Alex Smith's due a roster bonus on 3/11, so this can't wait forever. Kansas City is 30th in the league with just $4 million in cap space ATM

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@chiefsinsider

Romo to KC chatter has picked up significantly since Peter King's MMQB piece this morning. I'd say now at 50/50 up from 10/90 per my spies.

If Tony Romo deal gets done with KC, told Smith landing spots include #49ers, #Jets & #Bills Also, Nick Foles hopes to stay with #Chiefs.

I'm in no way stating it's a good idea but it has legs despite soon to be denials from KC on the rumor.

Just rumblings right now. I'd say it's good intel. Now Will it happen? Far from certain. This is #Chiefs after all!

@jumosq

Alex Smith's due a roster bonus on 3/11, so this can't wait forever. Kansas City is 30th in the league with just $4 million in cap space ATM

Alex Smith is a clear upgrade over TT.

Time to duck.

@chiefsinsider

@jumosq

Hate to say it but it makes sense considering coaching staff. What's his contract like any better than TT's?

I can go either way on Smith.

On one hand he struggled for a long time. He has had his best success when being coached by Harbaugh and Reid. Two great QB focused HQ.

Smith would be an upgrade from TT in the sense he can distribute the ball and read a D better, IF he is the Alex Smith from the past 5 years.

Signing Alex Smith is an NFL franchise putting up the white flag on ever becoming a real threat to win an NFL championship.

If the Bills move on from Taylor, they aren't going to sign a QB who's only slightly better. If they move on from Taylor, they'll no doubt be looking for a young QB within these next two drafts and have him and Jones battle it out.

Signing Alex Smith is an NFL franchise putting up the white flag on ever becoming a real threat to win an NFL championship.

If the Bills move on from Taylor, they aren't going to sign a QB who's only slightly better. If they move on from Taylor, they'll no doubt be looking for a young QB within these next two drafts and have him and Jones battle it out.

imo since Smith is 32, and a FA in 2019, they would be drafting one too

If I can get Smith at 2 years $30m with basically none of it guaranteed versus Tyrods $30m guaranteed, sign me up for Alex smith. I think he's slightly better than Tyrod as well. Can't discount how much the guy has won. Not a long term solution at QB but if Tyrod isn't gonna take less money because why would he, I'd be happy with Smith as a bridge QB and then as a veteran backup when we find our franchise QB.

I'm having a very hard time believing that Alex Smith would be an upgrade over Tyrod. He would cost at least as much, and he's six years older than TT. The world has definitely seen everything A. Smith has to offer as a QB, and it's not that great. Tyrod has started less than 30 games in the NFL and, IMO, he showed some significant improvement toward the end of 2016, once Sammy was playing again. This move would make little sense.