Bills are at Clemson this morning

Astrobot

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think starting a highly drafted rookie will amount to a wasted year. If you don't make playoffs, you are still developing a QB who could be your franchise guy instead of going another year with a stopgap. Especially if you don't think the stopgap is a playoff QB. Otoh you might actually make the playoffs if you put a good team around your rookie and he plays well enough. Dak showed us it can be done. Watson can do everything that Dak can do as a QB (only better imo). The bottom line for me is that I'm not scared to play a rookie QB. The Bills need to start identifying and developing their future.

Edited by YoloinOhio

It may be a way far macro view, but the same offensive system made Boyd look like a stud too... and he's fizzled in the pros.

At the risk of being declared a cult member, I'm not convinced Watson is even an upgrade over TT (who I believe has not reached his ceiling yet btw)

What is it that separates Watson?

It may be a way far macro view, but the same offensive system made Boyd look like a stud too... and he's fizzled in the pros.

At the risk of being declared a cult member, I'm not convinced Watson is even an upgrade over TT (who I believe has not reached his ceiling yet btw)

Taj Boyd was a 6th round draft pick

8600 passing yards in two years. Will hike the ball and throw a dart over the middle without the 4 second critical delay that Taylor has.

so what happens if the defense rebounds while we have this "down" year

we have just wasted a opportunity

That's a lot of if's.

If TT plays at a 2016 level

If the defense plays at a high level

If the rookie isn't as good as TT out of the box.

Edited by FireChan

The Tyrod comparisons are pretty lazy IMO. I don't find them similar. I saw Tannehill this morning for Watson and that felt a little more accurate.

Really? Watson is a better athlete than Tannehill isn't he? I know Tannehill was a WR but he was a pretty slow WR...lol

About $13-15 million a year in cap hits?

Watson has vision problems in the pocket it's a big reason he threw 17pks last season. 17Pks in college season is horrible that's 14gms he played maybe even 13 imagine what that would like in the NFL maybe 25-30 pks. I'll pass on a guy with height issues especially when he's proven to have height issues on the field. We got a guy like that already Tyrod Taylor just pk up the option and use your first on a position player

Boyd never looked like a stud

Watson has vision problems in the pocket it's a big reason he threw 17pks last season. 17Pks in college season is horrible that's 14gms he played maybe even 13 imagine what that would like in the NFL maybe 25-30 pks. I'll pass on a guy with height issues especially when he's proven to have height issues on the field. We got a guy like that already Tyrod Taylor just pk up the option and use your first on a position player

Jameis threw 18 his final season and he's already 3x better than any qb on our roster

That's a lot of if's.

If TT plays at a 2016 level

If the defense plays at a high level

If the rookie isn't as good as TT out of the box.

its really not

TT was better in 2015 but overall starting has put uo consistant numbers

RR destroyed a top 5 D most of the players are still here....McD as D coord has had RECENT consistant success

Draft a qb...pick up TTs option...the best qb on the roster plays

Why not draft a qb AND keep TT?

Would you rather we take the 2nd or 3rd highest rated corner or safety? How did that work out with Whitner and Gilmore?

Why does keeping TT mean we have to draft Whitner?

its really not

TT was better in 2015 but overall starting has put uo consistant numbers

RR destroyed a top 5 D most of the players are still here....McD as D coord has had RECENT consistant success

Draft a qb...pick up TTs option...the best qb on the roster plays

Who was the best player on that top 5 D, John?

McDougle's last defense was 21st in yards and 26th in points.

TT was better in 2015 when there was no film on him. Why is he gonna get better?

Edited by FireChan

Don't get him started. While you missed the season he dropped 22,000 excuses for Tyrod's play.

Like this one ?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MIAuac3WdrQ&feature=onebox

You really cant let go of that $500 trip to Baltimore? :lol::lol:

Cant blame ya, Id be pissed too.

Carp and his signature missed FG. Cost us another crucial momentum changer in a close game.

Need to upgrade the K this off-season too.

TT was better in 2015 when there was no film on him. Why is he gonna get better?

Seattle and Miami 2. Showed a lot of progression, hit all the throws people said he couldnt. Made comeback drives. Failed in SEA succeeded in MIA, thats progression rite there. 3rd year starting with real bullets flying he is either gonna take a big step forward like RW or fall off.

Jameis threw 18 his final season and he's already 3x better than any qb on our roster

Jamies was a fine example of a guy that looked like a pro even when he was playing college FB

Watson is a QB first. He's a guy that plays from the pocket and takes some chances. He can run but doesn't play a game similar to TT.

Id agree here. He can move, but nothing like Tyrod. His sideline deep ball is the only aspect of his game the resembles TT imo.

Still skeptical on whether it's the system or the QB. A la geno, johnny, RG... etc

http://www.widerightnattylite.com/2014/9/17/6259741/from-bronze-to-bust-why-system-qbs-fail-in-the-nfl

Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood

You really cant let go of that $500 trip to Baltimore? :lol::lol:

Cant blame ya, Id be pissed too.

Carp and his signature missed FG. Cost us another crucial momentum changer in a close game.

Need to upgrade the K this off-season too.

Seattle and Miami 2. Showed a lot of progression, hit all the throws people said he couldnt. Made comeback drives. Failed in SEA succeeded in MIA, thats progression rite there. 3rd year starting with real bullets flying he is either gonna take a big step forward like RW or fall off.

No, that's you saying that he had two good games.

Where was the progression in the other 14 games on the schedule?

My moles say that Pegula's jet (which Whaley uses) landed at the nearest airport to Clemson U this morning.

While Watson is not there (he's in Lakeland FL training), you can bet Dabo and staff are. New OC has been watching film, and may have specific questions about Watson's fit for a WCO/Spread/Bootleg system.

MOLES?! :ph34r::ph34r:

Could this be a reply of history ? I hope they see more in this kid & are aware of his short comings more than the EJ debacle !!!

If that is i fact why they are there, it could be because of the WR Williams . Seeing as we got rid of one Williams 2 yrs ago maybe they are replenishing them :w00t: ...

they are just taking a road trip to Ole Miss