Trump and Russia

Yeah. Potential treason sure is hilarious!

Potential treason, when it's covered in the way it's being covered by many in the press and in government, actually can be hilarious.

But I don't think anyone posting here thinks actual treason of the kind being suggested by a sitting president is something to laugh at. We're all on the same side, even though everyone speaking into a microphone right now is trying their best to make us feel like we have to pick a side. Without evidence, these remain just speculations and theorizing that puts my work in the deep state thread to shame on many levels. That doesn't mean (most) people in this thread are saying it couldn't have happened, just that it honestly has not been proven to be anything more than smoke... despite 8 months of ongoing investigations.

Potential treason, when it's covered in the way it's being covered by many in the press and in government, actually can be hilarious.

But I don't think anyone posting here thinks actual treason of the kind being suggested by a sitting president is something to laugh at. We're all on the same side, even though everyone speaking into a microphone right now is trying their best to make us feel like we have to pick a side. Without evidence, these remain just speculations and theorizing that puts my work in the deep state thread to shame on many levels. That doesn't mean (most) people in this thread are saying it couldn't have happened, just that it honestly has not been proven to be anything more than smoke... despite 8 months of ongoing investigations.

Honestly. If something really is found. How does it go down without sending the world into a tizzy. Markets, etc... into a tailspin. Is it better to just let things go if they do find stuff. Basically: "Move along people, nothing to see."

For the sake of the country?

I expect proof of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia in an effort to sway the election.

What happens after that? I have no idea. In a just world, impeachment proceedings and indictments.

I'm not claiming to have a crystal ball, I'm just telling you what I expect to happen. Today alone, there was Schiff's "more than circumstantial evidence" line and the AP story about Manafort's job as an aid to Putin prior to becoming Trump's campaign manager. I -- and I am in the minority on this message board, I realize -- am inclined to think that there are far too many "coincidences", and far too much smoke, for this to all be just a bunch of meaningless liberal hand wringing. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it without hesitation. As I said: We shall see.

The bigger issue is how the smoke and fire come to light. That's where the indictments should come from. You realize that Comey and Rogers were covering their asses at that hearing, right? Leaks come from one (or both) of their agencies. Unmasking US citizens and revealing their identities are failures on their part. They should be investigating their own underlings if they were interested in justice.

Usually, it is the coverup, not the crime. In this case, it is the investigation, not the crime.

I just read through this whole pile of ****, why do you keep coming back and linking articles that essentially say nothing? That CNN article from today basically said "we didn't find anything when we looked, they aren't talking now because they knew we were looking, but maybe they are using different methods! We aren't talking about the Trump Dossier we are talking about a totally different investigation butttttttt nothing yet! Stay tuned!!

First everyone ridiculed Trump over the wire tapping BS now it looks like some communications were actually intercepted? Here you are still awaiting a bombshell from an intelligence agency that was recently exposed and has a program that can design/execute/and create a false origin of a hack? Yet here you are convinced that some grand scheme took place with the Russians?

Holy !@#$ing **** I thought my user name was the worst one on the board. Thanks for outdoing me. I hope Trumps entire presidency goes like this, looney tunes 2017.

You fail to realize that

1) I'm Canadian and have no skin in this game aside from hipsters trying to cross the border and spilling their latte's onto their ipad's.

2) I don't support Donald Trump

3) I don't support Hillary Clinton

4) I simply am enjoying the meltdown.

5) I'm enjoying how over the last 8 years Russia wasn't an issue and now it's the equivalent of all the world's ills.

Again, you're new here, get to know the room before you open your mouth asshat.

Edited by meazza

ROGER KIMBALL: The Nothing Burger Gets Flipped.

It wasn’t quite “Are you now or have you ever been . . .” but it was close. You don’t have to have that good a memory to have found the whole exercise amusing:

Democratic politicians abandoning the “1980s asking for its foreign policy back” in order, suddenly, to castigate Russia as a threat to US national security and even (if you can believe it) wrapping themselves in the flag of patriotism (yes, really) to denounce Donald Trump.

My own feeling is that the Dems must be very, very worried to go down that street.

And what did it all add up to? Nada. Which is to say, rien. Nichts. Zilch. Nothing.

This nothing urged phrase they push is annoying

Well, it let them look good to their constituencies, and distracted from their inability to stop Gorsuch. So there’s that.

Plus:

I’m sure the leaker was promised protection. But we all know what promises are worth in DC.

This nothing urged phrase they push is annoying

I am in DisneyWorld. The USA is not too far off this judging by the sample.

It might stick once we tell people at the end of their lives that they can have a pain pill but not the chemo/surgery they need because we can no longer fund health care for everyone, and especially end of life everyones.

Or not.

We've had 75,000 years of homo sapien evolution looking for our next meal and countless evolutionary species and years before that...Safe to say that the last hundred years of excess food is an adjustment period for humanity. Going to take more than a few generations to figure out the woes of excess food.

there is conclusive proof that species which feed us are dyingnoff at other than average rates. Goats and chickens are having real issues.

Bees are doing better now that the parasite issue is being fixed, as well as other issues. But the tracheal mites are bad news.

Food. We subsidize the production of certain commodities which are either used​ as livestock feed or turned into certain value added products which are fed back into our manufactured food system. Basically, we pay less for the majority of what's eaten today because of artificially low what,corn, and soybean prices. It actually ties back in with the healthcare debate from the perspective that in certain instances governmental subsidies/price floors can have severe unintended consequences that extend beyond what their intervention was meant to address.

so, if you want to talk about this we can. And it is a lot scarier than you'll understand or believe but we are !@#$ed because the GMO bull **** that retards buy in to - 9 countries which we exported heavily to in grain and ag are no longer taking our products. And farm loans are liekly to be cut way in half as funding decreases. The USDA having funding cut as promised doesn't mean we don't cut food stamps because think of the children! It means we cut loans, grants and subsidies which help the farmer not go under.

Likely, this s all too complicated for you. But food is going to be an issue in 30 years unless we work at education and fix some !@#$ ups we got right niw

there is conclusive proof that species which feed us are dyingnoff at other than average rates. Goats and chickens are having real issues.

Bees are doing better now that the parasite issue is being fixed, as well as other issues. But the tracheal mites are bad news.

so, if you want to talk about this we can. And it is a lot scarier than you'll understand or believe but we are !@#$ed because the GMO bull **** that retards buy in to - 9 countries which we exported heavily to in grain and ag are no longer taking our products. And farm loans are liekly to be cut way in half as funding decreases. The USDA having funding cut as promised doesn't mean we don't cut food stamps because think of the children! It means we cut loans, grants and subsidies which help the farmer not go under.

Likely, this s all too complicated for you. But food is going to be an issue in 30 years unless we work at education and fix some !@#$ ups we got right niw

I understand it much better than your give me credit for. I think it's interesting you went straight for the GM issue, but I can understand your bias being a livestock guy.

USDA discretionary funding is being cut by 21% under the proposed Trump budget. That's a disaster of epic proportions if you understand the demographics of agriculture in our country and how our food system currently operates.

Haha okay slim reaper you are pathetic. Lighten up Francis

Lighten up? I basically called you a kitty for drinking lite beer and offered you a Guinness on me and you tell me to lighten up? Here, have a Guinness lite on me, you assmudgeon lite. Also Shirley, don't call me Francis, I'm no saint.

Lighten up? I basically called you a kitty for drinking lite beer and offered you a Guinness on me and you tell me to lighten up? Here, have a Guinness lite on me, you assmudgeon lite. Also Shirley, don't call me Francis, I'm no saint.

Yeah, maybe you need some more kitty. You sound like a miserable !@#$ pretending to be an internet tough guy. Slim peeper! Edited by gatorbait

I just read through this whole pile of ****, why do you keep coming back and linking articles that essentially say nothing? That CNN article from today basically said "we didn't find anything when we looked, they aren't talking now because they knew we were looking, but maybe they are using different methods! We aren't talking about the Trump Dossier we are talking about a totally different investigation butttttttt nothing yet! Stay tuned!!

First everyone ridiculed Trump over the wire tapping BS now it looks like some communications were actually intercepted? Here you are still awaiting a bombshell from an intelligence agency that was recently exposed and has a program that can design/execute/and create a false origin of a hack? Yet here you are convinced that some grand scheme took place with the Russians?

Holy !@#$ing **** I thought my user name was the worst one on the board. Thanks for outdoing me. I hope Trumps entire presidency goes like this, looney tunes 2017.

It is difficult to get the perfect balance between logic and commonsense.

I understand it much better than your give me credit for. I think it's interesting you went straight for the GM issue, but I can understand your bias being a livestock guy.

USDA discretionary funding is being cut by 21% under the proposed Trump budget. That's a disaster of epic proportions if you understand the demographics of agriculture in our country and how our food system currently operates.

its only a disaster when it doesn't cut what needs to be cut. Welfare spending. Instead of cutting the need of Debbie diabetic welfare **** head we cut the one who actually grows good, healthy food. Great idea!

It needs to be cut by not allowing shitfood to be purchased on welfare programs. Sugar % over so much, maybe.

If we're talking "convenient" things...it's AWFULLY convenient that so many people connected to Trump and his campaign are, one by one, revealed to have shady ties to Russia. I mean one or two and maybe it's a coincidence...but I'm really wondering at this point what it's gonna take for some here to buy into the fact that maybe, at a certain point, smoke = fire. Sessions, Flynn, Manafort, Page, Tillerson, Kushner, Sater. How many Trump lackies have to have their dirty aired before you consider that maybe it's more than "convenient" that they're connected to Trump, who, as you know, is himself under investigation.

And I stand by my statement that it will be an interesting few weeks and some unimaginable stuff is about to come down the pike. I'm not going to run off and hide if I'm wrong. I'll openly admit that I was incorrect. I hope others will do the same if the opposite is proven. We'll all find out soon enough one way or the other.

I'm rubber, you're glue.

Part of the TDS is the Dems' inability to recognize that all these investigations are far more likely to blow up in their faces than to get anything tangible on Trump.

But, carry on.

I'm rubber, you're glue.

Part of the TDS is the Dems' inability to recognize that all these investigations are far more likely to blow up in their faces than to get anything tangible on Trump.

But, carry on.

I love the , "The Dems should stop this investigation for their own sake" crap. Ya, Hillary who was calling Putin out on his corrupt elections sure tried to help Putin. But when you are caught, you pull out all the BS you can and hope people believe it

its only a disaster when it doesn't cut what needs to be cut. Welfare spending. Instead of cutting the need of Debbie diabetic welfare **** head we cut the one who actually grows good, healthy food. Great idea!

It needs to be cut by not allowing shitfood to be purchased on welfare programs. Sugar % over so much, maybe.

I'm guessing SNAP will definitely take a hit, which will hurt a bunch of farmers markets here that saw tremendous growth over the past few years once they integrated EBT. So that will suck.

I think it's also very likely crop production R&D will lose funding, which may not hurt states like Pennsylvania and NJ with strong ag institutions, but for farmers who rely on sources other than their land grant university for research it's a huge blow.

I can't see them cutting crop insurance or commodity subsidies. But even the immigration ban has caused a bunch of growers to stay using H2A and it's not cheap. This administration has not proven itself to be a friend to ag at all.

Edited by GoBills808