Trump and Russia

Trump Team Met With Lawyer Linked to Kremlin in 2016

By JO BECKER, MATT APUZZO and ADAM GOLDMAN 5:03 PM ET

The meeting at Trump Tower in Manhattan was arranged by Mr. Trumps eldest son and was attended by Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/08/us/politics/trump-russia-kushner-manafort.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Two weeks after Donald J. Trump clinched the Republican presidential nomination last year, his eldest son arranged a meeting at Trump Tower in Manhattan with a Russian lawyer who has connections to the Kremlin, according to confidential government records described to The New York Times.

The previously unreported meeting was also attended by Mr. Trumps campaign chairman at the time, Paul J. Manafort, as well as the presidents son-in-law, Jared Kushner, according to interviews and the documents, which were outlined by people familiar with them.

While President Trump has been dogged by revelations of undisclosed meetings between his associates and Russians, this episode at Trump Tower on June 9, 2016, is the first confirmed private meeting between a Russian national and members of Mr. Trumps inner circle during the campaign. It is also the first time that his son Donald Trump Jr. is known to have been involved in such a meeting.

Representatives of Donald Trump Jr. and Mr. Kushner confirmed the meeting after The Times approached them with information about it. In a statement, Donald Jr. described the meeting as primarily about an adoption program. The statement did not address whether the presidential campaign was discussed.

Another Saturday Night................another "fake bombshell"

This too will pass............... B-)

It's a shame that the simpletons on the Left don't read beyond the one source (NYT)

Now, the question will come................WHY believe what the Trumpsters legal team says ?

My response is ...........WHY believe what some anonymous source says either ??

It's all B.S.

Donald Trump Jr. gathered members of campaign for meeting with Russian lawyer before election https://www.circa.com/story/2017/07/08/donald-trump-jr-met-with-russian-lawyer-during-election-but-didnt-follow-up

This is saying that a DEM Party Group, Fusion USA, set up this meeting an misrepresented what it was about to TAINT Mr. Trump and Assoc. before the Election, these were the SAME PEOPLE who brought forth the Fake Trump Dossier.

the entire meeting may have been part of a larger election-year opposition effort aimed at creating the appearance of improper connections between Trump family members and Russia that also included a now-discredited intelligence dossier produced by a former British intelligence agent named Christopher Steele who worked for a U.S. political firm known as Fusion GPS.

“We have learned from both our own investigation and public reports that the participants in the meeting misrepresented who they were and who they worked for,” said Mark Corallo, a spokesman for President Trump’s legal team. “Specifically, we have learned that the person who sought the meeting is associated with Fusion GPS, a firm which according to public reports, was retained by Democratic operatives to develop opposition research on the President and which commissioned the phony Steele dossier. "

President Trump was not aware of the meeting and did not attend it, according to the lawyers. A translator and an American businessman working for a pro-Russian business lobby also attended the meeting, which lasted about 20 minutes, according to the interviews.

Edited by B-Man

Adam Schiff deserves a spot in that bunch. He's the worst pusher of this narrative of them all imo.

... Well, maybe second to McCain who just wants to kill Russians regardless of cause or the politics of the day.

So slide him in as Alice and all works. ;)

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/341174-graham-unloads-on-trump-blind-spot-on-russia-undermining-his-entire

A senior Senate Republican on Sunday said President Trump’s plan to work with Russia on cybersecurity is “pretty close” to the “dumbest idea I’ve ever heard.”

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) called Trump’s Friday meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin “disastrous” and said the president has a “blind spot” on Russia.

“When it comes to Russia I am dumbfounded, I am disappointed, and at the end of the day he’s hurting his presidency by not embracing the fact that Putin is a bad guy,” Graham said on NBC News’s “Meet the Press.”

Seriously??

Trump Tweet:

Putin & I discussed forming an impenetrable Cyber Security unit so that election hacking, & many other negative things, will be guarded..

7:50 AM - 9 Jul 2017

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/341174-graham-unloads-on-trump-blind-spot-on-russia-undermining-his-entire

A senior Senate Republican on Sunday said President Trump’s plan to work with Russia on cybersecurity is “pretty close” to the “dumbest idea I’ve ever heard.”

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) called Trump’s Friday meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin “disastrous” and said the president has a “blind spot” on Russia.

“When it comes to Russia I am dumbfounded, I am disappointed, and at the end of the day he’s hurting his presidency by not embracing the fact that Putin is a bad guy,” Graham said on NBC News’s “Meet the Press.”

Seriously??

Trump Tweet:

Putin & I discussed forming an impenetrable Cyber Security unit so that election hacking, & many other negative things, will be guarded..

7:50 AM - 9 Jul 2017

He needs to get off Twitter.

TODAY IN COLLUSION :lol:

It’s been all quiet on the mainstream media’s “collusion” front since Shane Harris’s laughable Wall Street Journal’s articles last Friday and Saturday. Andrew McCarthy took up Harris’s contribution in “‘Collusion’ as farce: The hunt for Hillary’s hackers.” You have to wonder if anyone on the news side of the Journal is capable of embarrassment.

Today, however, the New York Times mounts another offensive on the “collusion” front. Jo Becker, Matt Apuzzo and Adam Goldman report: “Trump Team met with lawyer linked to Kremlin during campaign.” The inanity of the article is difficult to capture without full immersion.

He needs to get off Twitter.

It's an effective way for him to bypass the press to communicate with people who don't like to read anything over 140 characters like an official press release. It's also an effective way to show his stupidity and then the media to show theirs.

It's an effective way for him to bypass the press to communicate with people who don't like to read anything over 140 characters like an official press release. It's also an effective way to show his stupidity and then the media to show theirs.

Ironic how 8 years ago Obama's use of Twitter and social media was hailed as a revolutionary stroke of pure genius

He's never going to get off Twitter. With how pathetic the MSM has been, he feels he has no other recourse.

That being said, I wish he'd let someone approve of what he posts on Twitter first. But I know that's not going to happen either.

Ironic how 8 years ago Obama's use of Twitter and social media was hailed as a revolutionary stroke of pure genius

I'd say Trump's use of twitter and manipulation of the media during the campaign was genius. Now it's hurting his agenda.