Trump and Russia

Hahaha Donald Trump Jr himself just tweeted out screenshots of the e-mail chain and Twitter is losing its mind. I would say now there is more than just smoke, now there is heat. And remember his explanation from a couple days ago:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEdwNDvXcAA3qnd?format=jpg&name=large

If there's heat, there should be a fire. So where is it? Or more specifically, what's Russia's motivation and end-game in helping Trump getting elected?

If there's heat, there should be a fire. So where is it? Or more specifically, what's Russia's motivation and end-game in helping Trump getting elected?

Need there be any motivation beyond the proven ability to compromise US elections?

And if so, how about installing an absolute moron and his family as head of their geopolitical enemy?

You notably failed to include this part of the article you linked, just a couple paragraphs after the ones you selectively posted:

And it was a Ukrainian-American DNC member, not a foreign national. I have no clue where you're seeing anything about the DNC paying a foreign government for oppo research.

If there were any comparison at all Trump would have already lactched onto it. I mean the Republicans are in power, they could have hearings on this if they want to. You're seeing ghosts.

So what you are saying is that you have a hard time understanding what you read.

Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found.

Here is what I said:

What the DNC did with the Ukrainians is much closer to anything that could be considered as collusion with foreign agents than this "evidence" of Trump Jr. and this lawyer.

Edited by Magox

So what you are saying is that you have a hard time understanding what you read.

Here is what I said:

Nothing you said follows logically. The Ukrainians publicly supported Hillary Clinton. A Ukrainian-America who worked for the DNC did their own research. Where is the collusion? I'm not sure you understand what that word means, or else you're not understanding the article you posted. And again I'll say that if there were any legs to that it would have already been picked up by Trump and his surrogates as a counterpoint. The fact that it hasn't is further proof that you reading into something that isn't there.

Just imagine if Chelsea Clinton had been e-mailing a Saudi Arabian lawyer with ties to the monarchy about obtaining damaging info about Trump. Can you imagine the fireworks? Holy cow.

Hahaha Donald Trump Jr himself just tweeted out screenshots of the e-mail chain and Twitter is losing its mind. I would say now there is more than just smoke, now there is heat. And remember his explanation from a couple days ago:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEdwNDvXcAA3qnd?format=jpg&name=large

Watching you guys get played like a cheap harmonica almost makes me wish I voted for Trump. :lol:

Trump being president embarrasses the nation and hurts our international interests. That is good for Russia. American protectionism is good for our enemies and that's what Trump supports.

Nothing you said follows logically. The Ukrainians publicly supported Hillary Clinton. A Ukrainian-America who worked for the DNC did their own research.

Go back and read the original post. The link and quote stated that the Ukrainian-America had help from the Ukranian Embassy.

Nothing you said follows logically. The Ukrainians publicly supported Hillary Clinton. A Ukrainian-America who worked for the DNC did their own research. Where is the collusion? I'm not sure you understand what that word means, or else you're not understanding the article you posted. And again I'll say that if there were any legs to that it would have already been picked up by Trump and his surrogates as a counterpoint. The fact that it hasn't is further proof that you reading into something that isn't there.

Just imagine if Chelsea Clinton had been e-mailing a Saudi Arabian lawyer with ties to the monarchy about obtaining damaging info about Trump. Can you imagine the fireworks? Holy cow.

I didn't say it was collusion. Yet another example of you not being able to understand what you read. I said:

What the DNC did with the Ukrainians is much closer to anything that could be considered as collusion with foreign agents than this "evidence" of Trump Jr. and this lawyer.

Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found.

A Ukrainian-American operative who was consulting for the Democratic National Committee met with top officials in the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington in an effort to expose ties between Trump, top campaign aide Paul Manafort and Russia, according to people with direct knowledge of the situation.

A Ukrainian-America who worked for the DNC did their own research.

And no, that is not what the article said, yet again your level of comprehension fails you.

That directly contradicts what the Politico article claims.

Edited by Magox

The Democrats were standing up to Putin in a number of ways that upset Leader Putin. Sanctions on his criminal buddies, spotlights on his election fraud and laws passed to protest his murderous suppression of disodents.

Reagan use to challenge the Russians on issues like that.

Go back and read the original post. The link and quote stated that the Ukrainian-America had help from the Ukranian Embassy.

Yes, go focus on a non-issue, blah blah blah

Yes and at no point did collusion take place. So it still does not logically follow. I am not sure you people understand the term "collusion." The Clinton team didn't collude with the Ukrainian government. The article says "they helped Clintons allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers."

And again - if there was collusion here why isn't it being investigated? It's because people who know a lot more about federal law than any of us know it isn't worth pursuing.

I am appalled that anyone could take Trump Jr. personally communicating with a foreign national about hurting a political opponent, and compare that to a DNC consultant working with Ukrainian government officials. It's a fair comparison to something that the Trump campaign had going on with Manafort but it isn't any worse than that. By no means is it equivalent to what Trump Jr. was discussing.

But the fun part of stories like this is we only have to wait to see who's right. If you're right there will surely be an investigation into the Ukraine collision. So let's wait and see if it has any legs. The original story was from January with seemingly no updates since then so it's not looking too good right now.

Trump being president embarrasses the nation and hurts our international interests. That is good for Russia. American protectionism is good for our enemies and that's what Trump supports.

How's the embarrassing Trump administration work out for Vlad so far?

Has the USA's global position strengthened or weakened since January 2017?

The Democrats were standing up to Putin in a number of ways that upset Leader Putin. Sanctions on his criminal buddies, spotlights on his election fraud and laws passed to protest his murderous suppression of disodents.

Reagan use to challenge the Russians on issues like that.

Yes, go focus on a non-issue, blah blah blah

The Democrats were standing up to Putin??? :w00t:

"go focus on a non-issue" ??

That politico shows that the DNC worked with the Ukrainian government to get information to contribute to their oppo research.

Yet, all you have is Trump Jr. met with a Russian lawyer about potentially getting some oppo research.

Its reasons like this why 90% of this board doesn't take you seriously. Show some logic and consistency in your arguments, maybe if you begin to do this people will at least begin to respect what you have to say.

Its reasons like this why 90% of this board doesn't take you seriously. Show some logic and consistency in your arguments, maybe if you begin to do this people will at least begin to respect what you have to say.

For the love of G-d, stop responding or at least quoting the idiot's posts.

What I said, actually. It's the only thing that makes any real sense.

The Democrats were standing up to Putin??? :w00t:

"go focus on a non-issue" ??

That politico shows that the DNC worked with the Ukrainian government to get information to contribute to their oppo research.

Yet, all you have is Trump Jr. met with a Russian lawyer about potentially getting some oppo research.

Hillary stuck her nose into the 2011 Russia vote rigging and Putin freaked.

And seriously, does anyone think Trump would have signed this bill into law like Obama did?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnitsky_Act

Trump wouldn't even have allowed the House GOP to pass it in all likelihood

Yes and at no point did collusion take place. So it still does not logically follow. I am not sure you people understand the term "collusion." The Clinton team didn't collude with the Ukrainian government. The article says "they helped Clintons allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers."

And again - if there was collusion here why isn't it being investigated? It's because people who know a lot more about federal law than any of us know it isn't worth pursuing.

I am appalled that anyone could take Trump Jr. personally communicating with a foreign national about hurting a political opponent, and compare that to a DNC consultant working with Ukrainian government officials. It's a fair comparison to something that the Trump campaign had going on with Manafort but it isn't any worse than that. By no means is it equivalent to what Trump Jr. was discussing.

But the fun part of stories like this is we only have to wait to see who's right. If you're right there will surely be an investigation into the Ukraine collision. So let's wait and see if it has any legs. The original story was from January with seemingly no updates since then so it's not looking too good right now.

Of course you are appalled because you are a hypocrite and someone who has a hard time comprehending what they read. And again, no one says they are colluding, what we are saying is that if anything would be closer to collusion it would be between what was purported to have taken place between the DNC and Ukrainian government officials than Trump Jr. with a Russian lawyer who doesn't work for the Russian government.

In other words, from what we know, neither is collusion. Trump Jr. was contacted by a Russian Lawyer about getting some Oppo Research, he heard what the chick said and he decided not to pursue it. That's what we know up to now.

The DNC allegedly actually did receive Oppo Research from the Ukrainian government.

It's just two separate entities that are trying to gather Damning research to take down their opponent. No collusion, no unlawful activities, just campaigns doing what campaigns do.