trade Ragland for more mobile LB or safety

Commish

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any reason the Bills couldn't trade Ragland who - many say - is not a great fit in McDermott's defense - for a more mobile LB, or a safety. Should be a good player in the right system, and cheap as well under the rookie contract.

How about the obvious: we don't know what he can do. And no other team will either.

Second, who is saying the Ragland doesn't fit? Ragland is a bit of a thumper, but the scouting reports I heard had him as better mobility and pass coverage ability than people give him credit for, so closer to a rich man's Brandon Spikes. Plus, McDermott likes the double A gap attack, both as a real blitz and a feint.

Third, what are we going to get for him?

1 - I don't recall any player that was drafted early that doesn't play a single down in their rookie year and then is traded away.

2 - Who's going to trade for a guy that was a rookie last year that didn't play a down last season?

3 - What magical/mystical cap calculator are you using, where the Bills get a known commodity at safety or linebacker?

4 - Last and maybe most important, put down the pipe. Drugs are bad.

kiko got us shady...don't be so sure.

Kiko had a very good rookie campaign. Ragland hasn't even stepped on a NFL field yet. What teams would be willing to offer anything of worth for a player that hasn't played a down yet.

Unless they Bills are willing to eat their 2nd rd investment and give him away. Ragland isn't going anywhere this year.

If anything the Bills should look into trading Preston and seeing what they could get for him.

Edited by billieve420

Trading Preston is a better idea.

I wonder if they would even consider it. I think Whaley has had a hard on for Preston ever since drafting him. He was praising Preston early and often. I don't recall him ever "not" praising Preston when given the chance.

His affinity for the guy was so strong (in my opinion) that it seemed like he was using the Preston Brown draft as a poster case (whether warranted or not) for how good he is at drafting people.

I wonder if they would even consider it. I think Whaley has had a hard on for Preston ever since drafting him. He was praising Preston early and often. I don't recall him ever "not" praising Preston when given the chance.

His affinity for the guy was so strong (in my opinion) that it seemed like he was using the Preston Brown draft as a poster case (whether warranted or not) for how good he is at drafting people.

He's a UFA after this year - so i'd think if you project a large unaffordable raise you can justify it. IE what the patriots did with chandler jones and jamie collins. But when you see what they acquired for pro bowlers, you realize you might not get much in a trade for a preston brown so it's pointless

Why? Ragland could play MLB or WLB in this defense. The guy to trade, if I had to pick a LB, would be Preston Brown. Although I don't think the compensation would be worth it, and I think Preston would be servicable at SLB.

no. Ragland only good at slb. It he is playing mlb than this system will be a lot different than he ran in Carolina.

Having Gilmore back anything is possoble

Trading Preston is a better idea.

I guess the other thread we are in isn't enough. Jeesh, right?

Brown is who I trade

Guess my question is whether a player this new to his rookie contract can be - or commonly are - traded.

don't trade a rookie. Ever.

Trade brown. Get a backup safety after the draft. Or a draft pick before