Pegulas Spending $$$ on Improvements at New Era Field

Why are there multiple Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts at the same intersection?

Because coffee and donut consumers are known for not be willing to cross the street?

So one one can be shut down for salmonella and not lose business?

Competition results in better performance?

You tell us.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the building is going to be renovated and made into PS&E offices as well as Sabres' administrative offices (possibly even Bills). Probably a small television studio. Also a large Sabres/Bills/OneBuffalo Store.

...why not?...they bought the RE holding company which includes this property.......renovate and house PSE which would pay rent to Pegula's new holding company or existing RE company....pay rent to yourself versus others......renovations are passed through Erie County IDA for sales tax and property tax exemptions....man is smart.......I structured a similar deal for our office building......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

• 1 month later...

Because coffee and donut consumers are known for not be willing to cross the street?

So one one can be shut down for salmonella and not lose business?

Competition results in better performance?

You tell us.

I was agreeing with you. Why wouldn't you have two bars next to each other? Works with coffee.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

They are spending their own money trying to make things better, knowing it will likely be left behind before too long. How can anyone complain in light of that? Sorry we haven't won 5 Super Bowls under their ownership yet. Give it time, it's not easy.

I totally agree. They likely are making these improvements (which if the stadium moves benefits ECC likely) to attract top FA's and make practice more productive for the current roster. I love this ownership. They have the want-to win. Not all owners have that.

I totally agree. They likely are making these improvements (which if the stadium moves benefits ECC likely) to attract top FA's and make practice more productive for the current roster. I love this ownership. They have the want-to win. Not all owners have that.

The amount of un called for Pegula hate that is starting to creep up is beyond baffling to me.

They are young owners...they havent done everything right...but you can tell that they DO want to win

Don't know if they bought business and building or just building but I think that doesn't matter - I have strong beliefs they are going to build a brewery there

welll....I wasn't right, or wrong haha...there is a brewery being built on the premises. I wonder why the 716/pegula people were touring breweries in the area if they were not going to be directly involved in the brewery. Interesting.

The amount of un called for Pegula hate that is starting to creep up is beyond baffling to me.

They are young owners...they havent done everything right...but you can tell that they DO want to win

My issue with the Pegulas as owners isn't about their desire to win. It's about their desire to be involved. I don't want my owner at a player's workout. I want the football people there.

My issue with the Pegulas as owners isn't about their desire to win. It's about their desire to be involved. I don't want my owner at a player's workout. I want the football people there.

Is there really a problem if the football people AND Pegula are there?

I just dont get this vision of Pegula telling McDermott and Whaley how they should think about football players....I think its more of a giddy fan turned owner who just likes being a part of the whole football experience and doesnt want to sit in some office back in Buffalo?

I may be wrong on this...just dont consider it that big a deal

Is there really a problem if the football people AND Pegula are there?

I just dont get this vision of Pegula telling McDermott and Whaley how they should think about football players....I think its more of a giddy fan turned owner who just likes being a part of the whole football experience and doesnt want to sit in some office back in Buffalo?

I may be wrong on this...just dont consider it that big a deal

I don't know any of any owners, that I'd consider great, that are doing that. You never see the Rooneys at a workout. You hire the right people and empower them. Even if Pegula isn't making the decision he is absolutely forming an opinion on that guy that he just met. Whether it is intentional or unintentional that opinion influences those that work FOR him. It needs to work the other way around. If Whaley or McDermott wants to talk to him about someone like Mixon it's fine for him to say "that's not the type of person I want representing my organization." It isn't okay for him to go "I really liked that Kizer kid when we met him."

I don't know any of any owners, that I'd consider great, that are doing that. You never see the Rooneys at a workout. You hire the right people and empower them. Even if Pegula isn't making the decision he is absolutely forming an opinion on that guy that he just met. Whether it is intentional or unintentional that opinion influences those that work FOR him. It needs to work the other way around. If Whaley or McDermott wants to talk to him about someone like Mixon it's fine for him to say "that's not the type of person I want representing my organization." It isn't okay for him to go "I really liked that Kizer kid when we met him."

The Rooneys have been involved with football for generations. I think it is certainly fine for Pegula to do this, since he is very green and it gives him an opportunity to learn more about that side of the business and learn about scouting and grading players. The only caveat is, is that he shouldn't be making calls during the draft to take x player over what the football people recommend. I do agree he should be shutting down the Mixon type players....

The Rooneys have been involved with football for generations. I think it is certainly fine for Pegula to do this, since he is very green and it gives him an opportunity to learn more about that side of the business and learn about scouting and grading players. The only caveat is, is that he shouldn't be making calls during the draft to take x player over what the football people recommend. I do agree he should be shutting down the Mixon type players....

The Rooneys give total autonomy to Kevin Colbert and his staff. They know football better than most and aren't out there talking to prospects. Ironically enough, one of the Rooneys is a scout (he played QB at Dartmouth).

Why does he need to learn about scouting and grading players? He doesn't need to know that at all to be an owner. He needs to understand what he wants the identity of his organization to be and hire people to carry that out. His vision is his role as the owner. If the people below him are not achieving that then you move on. It is a results business and he should hold them accountable for the results of their departments.

The Buffalo Bills are a privately owned company. What the Owners of that company do is not really any of my business... but if I had bought a football team that hasn't been to the playoffs in a decade and a half I'm pretty sure I'd be watching the inner workings of the company pretty closely! Wouldn't you?

The Buffalo Bills are a privately owned company. What the Owners of that company do is not really any of my business... but if I had bought a football team that hasn't been to the playoffs in a decade and a half I'm pretty sure I'd be watching the inner workings of the company pretty closely! Wouldn't you?

If by "inner workings" you mean scouting trips, no. I would maybe talk to or hire other people that have been successful and ask them "what made you successful?" I would try to pattern my organization after that. Pegula spending a day with Ron Wolf is infinitely more important than Pegula spending a day scouting Trubisky. Edited by Kirby Jackson