Pegulas Spending $$$ on Improvements at New Era Field

That is Second practice field. After leveling and putting in drainage pipes last year, work stopped on the 3 acres (part of the Mud Lot) the Pegulas bought with their $$, not taxpayer $$$. Word is they want to buy adjoining land from a neighbor which is land locked and very sloped, but they ain't selling. So yesterday there was a crew installing some orange piping in the ground probably for irrigation. Will the field be heated? A couple of other northern teams have done this, Only time will tell.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are spending their own money trying to make things better, knowing it will likely be left behind before too long. How can anyone complain in light of that? Sorry we haven't won 5 Super Bowls under their ownership yet. Give it time, it's not easy.

They are spending their own money trying to make things better, knowing it will likely be left behind before too long. How can anyone complain in light of that? Sorry we haven't won 5 Super Bowls under their ownership yet. Give it time, it's not easy.

I'd rather see them spend their own money when it comes time to talk about the new downtown stadium. But this is nice for now. :thumbsup:

I'd rather see them spend their own money when it comes time to talk about the new downtown stadium. But this is nice for now. :thumbsup:

My gut says they will put up a pile of cash for a downtown stadium, but time will tell. I'm glad I'll have plenty of time to get back to OP before that happens, and pray I last long enough to get to the new place.

I agree, and to me that says money is nothing to TPegs. I really think the guy just wants to win. He knows he can only spend to the salary cap so he has to make the creature comforts the best in the biz to attract FA, coaches, etc.

Well if it makes you feel any better they just bought a building downtown assessed at $255K for $7M.

Not exactly. His company bought 3 holding companies that owned that complex of buildings.

But I did hear he spent $4000 on a #1 Value Meal (medium) at McDonalds...

Not exactly. His company bought 3 holding companies that owned that complex of buildings.

But I did hear he spent $4000 on a #1 Value Meal (medium) at McDonalds...

Kind of, the building was sold from the owners to 3 holding companies (for $3) that they owned and the Pegulas bought the holding companies. I don't believe any other assets were transferred. It's not really a complex of buildings. It's a building that is about 79k square feet. It has multiple addresses though. The Pegulas paid $7M for a building assessed at $255k.

Kind of, the building was sold from the owners to 3 holding companies (for $3) that they owned and the Pegulas bought the holding companies. I don't believe any other assets were transferred. It's not really a complex of buildings. It's a building that is about 79k square feet. It has multiple addresses though. The Pegulas paid $7M for a building assessed at $255k.

That's what I said.

Obviously the value is in the holding companies.

That's what I said.

Obviously the value is in the holding companies.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not but the building owner just formed the holding companies to sell the building. The holding companies don't have anything else. I'm sure that it was at the Pegula's request so that the amount wouldn't be released.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not but the building owner just formed the holding companies to sell the building. The holding companies don't have anything else. I'm sure that it was at the Pegula's request so that the amount wouldn't be released.

Why would he pay so much for a run down building? And why did they seek to keep the price secret? The article says 2 buildings a t 2 addresses.

Alternatively, why would such a building still in use be so ridiculously assessed (which is different from its value)? That's a tax break/deal the company worked out with the city, no doubt. That's the deal Pegula will get as well.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Why would he pay so much for a run down building? And why did they seek to keep the price secret? The article says 2 buildings a t 2 addresses.

Alternatively, why would such a building still in use be so ridiculously assessed (which is different from its value)? That's a tax break/deal the company worked out with the city, no doubt. That's the deal Pegula will get as well.

The building has entrances on 2 streets (hence the 2 addresses). I'm sure that their are tax benefits and development plans for it. As it stands now though, that's what they have.

"Assessed" does NOT equal "appraised". Assessments are only used for tax purposes and more often than not do not reflect the value of the property, only what the Tax Assessors office uses for calculating tax income.

But good to see them buying up properties down there to get the area ready for the coming stadium complex.

You can request a re-assessment, but there is a formula and percentage the Tax Assessor uses no matter who/what the building is. There is no negotiating your assessment.

amen! these guys are the real deal. stop putting years of Wilson's penny-pinching and incompetence on them. there most likely would be a buffalo bills without them.

Assessed valuation is for tax purpose not the real world value.