The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a fair take in my opinion. If you are willing to draft him as a two year project Mahomes is definitely worth the risk... but we just took a two year project last year, I'd be surprised if they go that way again.

Well, we're getting Tyrod Taylor for most of 2017 no matter who we draft. As for project it depends on how willing and creative the offensive coordinator is. If Dak Prescott had to run the full Tony Romo offense then he never would have been able to operate as well as he did. Mahomes could be ready much earlier than you think if similar considerations were done for him. Also, the last few years the Bills have not asked the QB to carry the team.

We have Tyrod for two years at about $15 per year, which is great. This is the perfect time to draft someone like Mahomes because we can let him sit and learn. We don't have to rush him in, new staff, and an experienced, but not journeyman, QB playing. If Tyrod ends up playing out of his mind and we have a Brees/Rivers situation, that's a good thing, but we are in the best position possible right now to take Mahomes.

Please, Please, please let the Bills draft this guy at 10 and were on are way. The swag will be back in Buffalo.

No, no, no, Mahomes is not going to be the BPA at ten. And QBS typically are overdrafted and over valued.

Mahomes may be the first QB taken in the draft but the kid has a long way to go. Very raw and you dont take that at 10th overall.

No, no, no, Mahomes is not going to be the BPA at ten. And QBS typically are overdrafted and over valued.

Mahomes may be the first QB taken in the draft but the kid has a long way to go. Very raw and you dont take that at 10th overall.

For those that think Mahomes is a reach at #10, he's already being talked about a few spots down at the Cards pick (he also just met with the Saints)...

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2017/3/24/15043782/does-the-arizona-cardinals-visit-with-patrick-mahomes-mean-anything

"Could the Cardinals’ top brass be looking at life after Carson Palmer with the 13th pick?"

For those that think Mahomes is a reach at #10, he's already being talked about a few spots down at the Cards pick (he also just met with the Saints)...

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2017/3/24/15043782/does-the-arizona-cardinals-visit-with-patrick-mahomes-mean-anything

"Could the Cardinals top brass be looking at life after Carson Palmer with the 13th pick?"

These are people that heard there was no top 3 QB and assumed the worst.

Saints Chargers Browns Cardinals all have had private workouts. Mahomes is going way higher than these people realize.

Sorry, but I don't agree with that at all.

If a team (any team) sees Mahomes as a potential franchise guy, then they should take him with their 1st pick regardless of the draft slot. It's the most important position in the game.

I've been thinking the only 2 QBs worth taking in this draft are Watson and Mahomes. And even moreso after reading Bandit's and Bloke's and a couple of the other hard-core draftnicks' reviews. I think if McD and Whaley feel either could be their long term answer, then pull the trigger whether it's at 10 or a small trade down (2-5 slots). I don't want Howard because a top 10 pick needs performance and passion. The fact that this draft class is strong with safety and wide receiver makes me feel ok about picking those in subsequent rounds as well.

With the new Tyrod deal, I wouldn't use a 1st round pick on a QB unless I thought they were very likely to be a Super Bowl caliber player. I don't see that with the guys in this draft. We should definitely take a QB, but not in the first round.