Man, this one is hard to take

Atlanta DESERVED to lose. Run the ball even if you don't gain a yard, kick fg and game is over. What the heck are you people complaining about?

Total, complete collapse. Up by 25 points with 8/12 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, up by 16 points with what, 6 minutes left? I have never seen such an epic fail in my life in a championship game.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Prior to this Super Bowl the damage was already done with New England. Their legacy was cemented. This just added one extra layer. I don't care that they won,...I just want this to "quench their thirst" for a final championship in the B&B era. If they lost to Atlanta they would come back extra hungry next season to the detriment of the Bills. Maybe just maybe this will take the edge off a little. We can only hope!

Prior to this Super Bowl the damage was already done with New England. Their legacy was cemented. This just added one extra layer. I don't care that they won,...I just want this to "quench their thirst" for a final championship in the B&B era. If they lost to Atlanta they would come back extra hungry next season to the detriment of the Bills. Maybe just maybe this will take the edge off a little. We can only hope!

Yeah that is wishfull thinking. Brady & BB are wired differently than the normal cat. Both of them have devoted their whole life to perfecting their craft. Their burning desire to win is matched by noone I have ever seen. Maybe those late 90's/early 2000 Yankee teams but what they have done over the past 2 decades is unprecedented. It is coming to an end, it will be a sharp falloff for Brady where noone predicts it is coming(KInda of like Manning). Keeping in mind that BB is usually thinking 4 steps ahead of everybody else, it will be interesting to see if BB sticks to form & deals Brady to some unexpecting naive team when Brady shows the slightest signs of slowing down as he has done with other past superstars.

I still can't get over that they didn't run 3x, run the clock, kick a field goal, game over. Worst call ever and I'm so happy it wasn't the Bills.

Shanahan lost it for them with the drop back play that took them out of range. He called a crappy second half for sure, but you're right on that series once they got to the 35 it should have been Freeman or Coleman 3 hard runs to the 30 and clinch the game with a 47 yarder.

Huge mental error by shanny. At halftime he was looking like a genius, but he melted down on that series.

Edited by Webster Guy

It's not hard for me to take.

The Patriots have accomplished a lot........but 2 SB wins in 13 years is not exactly on par with the Stengel Yankees or even Jordan Bulls.

Someday....perhaps soon even..... a different QB will come along and win 3 straight SB's.....and by virtue of only 3 seasons of work......... Brady's legacy as the GOAT versus THAT guy will immediately be questioned.

What they've done IMO is on par with what the Niners did from the early 1980's thru the late 1990's.

Great for sure......but not Yankees versus the field great or anything like that.

More like in 10 years we will see them as "squarely in the mix with the Niners, Cowboys, Steelers".

If the Patriots had managed to LOSE that game last night........the narrative would have switched to "how have they only won 1 SB in 13 years? Maybe BB needs to change :lol: ".

To me, I wouldn't have cared either way.

They are great.

They built their foundation by cheating their way to 3 SB wins.......that success permanently sold any future players on the Patriot Way and provided a springboard for Brady to become the most confident and successful QB of the era.

But my Yankees built their foundation on stealing Babe Ruth from a dumb Boston owner and then cleverly manipulating the system for decades therafter to the point where even now their legacy makes winning new championships always just a hop-skip-jump away.

It's not hard for me to take.

The Patriots have accomplished a lot........but 2 SB wins in 13 years is not exactly on par with the Stengel Yankees or even Jordan Bulls.

Someday....perhaps soon even..... a different QB will come along and win 3 straight SB's.....and by virtue of only 3 seasons of work......... Brady's legacy as the GOAT versus THAT guy will immediately be questioned.

What they've done IMO is on par with what the Niners did from the early 1980's thru the late 1990's.

Great for sure......but not Yankees versus the field great or anything like that.

More like in 10 years we will see them as "squarely in the mix with the Niners, Cowboys, Steelers".

If the Patriots had managed to LOSE that game last night........the narrative would have switched to "how have they only won 1 SB in 13 years? Maybe BB needs to change :lol: ".

To me, I wouldn't have cared either way.

They are great.

They built their foundation by cheating their way to 3 SB wins.......that success permanently sold any future players on the Patriot Way and provided a springboard for Brady to become the most confident and successful QB of the era.

But my Yankees built their foundation on stealing Babe Ruth from a dumb Boston owner and then cleverly manipulating the system for decades therafter to the point where even now their legacy makes winning new championships always just a hop-skip-jump away.

They have won 2 SB in 3 years if they do it again next year that he 2 times BB and Brady have done that accomplishment. (Mind you winning 2 in 3 pretty damn amazing too.)

With a lot of help from the opposing teams.

The dumbest call in the history of the Super Bowl from Pete Carrol and Shannys brain farts last night.

Still they took advantage in impressive fashion.

Bill Belichick has been taking advantage of dumb teams and coaches for decades now.

Shanahan lost it for them with the drop back play that took them out of range. He called a crappy second half for sure, but you're right on that series once they got to the 35 it should have been Freeman or Coleman 3 hard runs to the 30 and clinch the game with a 47 yarder.

Huge mental error by shanny. At halftime he was looking like a genius, but he melted down on that series.

After Julio Jones great catch, that put them at the 22. Could have knelt on the ball 3 times and had a 40 yarder.

u have to admire NE though. they have far from the best talent. They are just way way smarter than everyone else.The NFL is a dumb league.The players are not bright and the coaching is poor

Kinda reminds me of the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. Father=coach, CubScout=QB.

But there were some really bad designs out there that absolutely sucked balls @ racing! The cars that the 9 year old was left to design & build on his own without any "coaching." Why should learning be a God given talent? Shouldn't it be aquired with guidance and help?

So what is better? All the Scouts racing under their own talent... Or Qbs with wristbands, headsets and kick azz "fathers" (aka: coaches) who know their schit.

I am torn. My heart says let the Qbs/players run the game. My competitive edge says let the coaches run show & players carry out the design.

When my son was in CubScouts... I coached him so well, it felt like cheating. Fastest car from Pack up to Council. He did everything, researched design, built it, etc... I pointed him towards the right answers and the bandsaw. After that we just started telling everybody the race secrets. Give everybody same knowledge and nobody can grumble.

What I am getting @ is... When is "the game" too dialed in and not sporting?

With a lot of help from the opposing teams.

The dumbest call in the history of the Super Bowl from Pete Carrol and Shannys brain farts last night.

Still they took advantage in impressive fashion.

Except for last nights game (which will be talked and replayed a lot on the NFL network.) most people don't remember how you win just that you won.

They have won 2 SB in 3 years if they do it again next year that he 2 times BB and Brady have done that accomplishment. (Mind you winning 2 in 3 pretty damn amazing too.)

Yeah like I said, what they've done is great. I appreciate the consistency more than the SB's even.

But they are literally a couple plays in the SB from zero SB's in the past 13 years.....they've never won one decisively.........and that's not exactly a full-on coronation.

I'm sure you realize this part......but don't take it personally when it's over....... because there is just always going to be a "now" bias.

Nobody talks about those great Niners teams anymore.

The Cowboys and Steelers seem to be above that......not certain why they just enthrall each new generation..........but perhaps it's because they had a rivalry in the SB's.

The Niners didn't really have that........and that's largely been the case with the Pats. The Bulls had that issue too and soon after Jordan retired about 100% of Bulls fans were basically from Chicago again. :lol:

Organizationally......you simply gotta' stack A LOT more cheez than anyone else to be above it. Maybe they have it in them to win a few more and distance themselves from the pack and maybe they do not.

WRT Brady, the reality is that most of the beastly lunkheaded 80's QB's like Elway would have been at a disadvantage in this era with finesse guys like Brady, Manning and Rodgers.......but those guys would have had short careers in the 70's and 80's.

To me, Montana is that crossover guy.......he was a great athlete in addition to being so great at seeing the field and making accurate throws.......but even he couldn't stay in one piece long enough to get to and win more than 4 SB's in that era.