Pats being pats- drone caught over Falcons practice

major

So a drone was taken down by security after hovering over Falcons practice on Friday. Said it was a neighbor near practice facility flying it- yeah right! So we have a drone and a backpack from shanahan that went missing for 30 minutes this past week. Ernie Adams strikes back! Pats win 35 to 13 tomorrow.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A nearby resident just happened to be flying his drone near the Falcons guarded practice. No, not fishy at all. Just look at how many times Pats* playbooks go missing and people are caught spying on them. Getting a little too coincedental to start calling everything "just a mistake" or "no big deal".

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2017-drone-caught-flying-over-falcons-practice-before-game-vs-patriots/amp/

Edited by Bubba Gump

Sorry I'm always the tin foil hat guy when it comes to the pats. There has just been too many of these instances since 2001. Plus, I trust the word of current and past NFL personnel who suggest they are always looking for an edge: Mike tomlin, Don Shula, warren sap, Marshall Faulk, Eric Mangini, etc... Ernie Adams of the pats is usually behind all of this. When he goes, the pats go back to bottom feeders

Sorry I'm always the tin foil hat guy when it comes to the pats. There has just been too many of these instances since 2001. Plus, I trust the word of current and past NFL personnel who suggest they are always looking for an edge: Mike tomlin, Don Shula, warren sap, Marshall Faulk, Eric Mangini, etc... Ernie Adams of the pats is usually behind all of this. When he goes, the pats go back to bottom feeders

I'm with you man. Too many weird occurrences that are always met with, "Whatever, that's ridiculous. You're paranoid." I more than half expect it to come out in 20-30 years that they were cheating all along, the league knew about it, but nobody wanted to kill the cash cow, especially at a time where the league had very real worries like concussions, domestic assault, etc.

He probably took Kraft's check by mistake too according to an anonymous source.

Yep.

Who cares.

If I'm Quin i tell my guys they have to try and cheat because we are better. This could be a simple mistake with no connection to the Pats at all. But why not use it as motivation ?

I would be saying the same thing. I would then create a fake list of the 1st 20 plays im gonna call and plant it so they bite the bait. AND WHAM!

I'm with you man. Too many weird occurrences that are always met with, "Whatever, that's ridiculous. You're paranoid." I more than half expect it to come out in 20-30 years that they were cheating all along, the league knew about it, but nobody wanted to kill the cash cow, especially at a time where the league had very real worries like concussions, domestic assault, etc.

This is classic conspiracy thinking. Confirmation Bias. The minute the Pats were pinched for Spygate, people are likely to remember anything untoward that happens that's associated with them, and simply forget it when it happens with other teams.

For example, headset problems happen with every team and in every stadium, with a system controlled by the League. Only when the Patriots are involved does it become a story that people remember for precisely this reason. It happens in other games all the time but never becomes a story. it goes right down the memory hole, and/or the media ignores it because it's not the big, bad Patriots.

Look at how Harbaugh reacted when he was faced with completely legal but unorthodox formations that he wasn't ready for. He lost his mind and wrongly complained that they were "deceptive" and 'illegal". No, he just got outsmarted and couldn't handle it, and he assumed he was being cheated when he wasn't. This is Patriots Derangement Syndrome 101.

Shanahan loses track of his backpack (his fault), we know the media guy who took it by accident, but people somehow make that the Patriots fault too. Why isn't Shanahan simply a moron for losing track of something so important? it isn't the Patriots fault some reporter picked it up by accident. But something like that is guaranteed to attract the conspiracy weirdos like bees to honey. If the same thing happens but the Falcons are playing someone else, it's much less of a story, if it's one at all.

The same thing used to happen with the Boston Celtics. Other teams complaining about dead spots in the parquet floor, or cold water in the visiting locker room showers, or many other hijinks that visiting teams were worried about. Red Auerbach wasn't doing anything like that, but he allowed opposing teams to believe it because they were psychologically beaten before even playing the Celtics. It was a huge psychological edge to have other teams waste time worrying about this phantom stuff and chasing wild gooses.

This is classic conspiracy thinking. Confirmation Bias. The minute the Pats were pinched for Spygate, people are likely to remember anything untoward that happens that's associated with them, and simply forget it when it happens with other teams.

For example, headset problems happen with every team and in every stadium, with a system controlled by the League. Only when the Patriots are involved does it become a story that people remember for precisely this reason. It happens in other games all the time but never becomes a story. it goes right down the memory hole, and/or the media ignores it because it's not the big, bad Patriots.

Look at how Harbaugh reacted when he was faced with completely legal but unorthodox formations that he wasn't ready for. He lost his mind and wrongly complained that they were "deceptive" and 'illegal". No, he just got outsmarted and couldn't handle it, and he assumed he was being cheated when he wasn't. This is Patriots Derangement Syndrome 101.

Shanahan loses track of his backpack (his fault), we know the media guy who took it by accident, but people somehow make that the Patriots fault too. Why isn't Shanahan simply a moron for losing track of something so important? it isn't the Patriots fault some reporter picked it up by accident. But something like that is guaranteed to attract the conspiracy weirdos like bees to honey. If the same thing happens but the Falcons are playing someone else, it's much less of a story, if it's one at all.

The same thing used to happen with the Boston Celtics. Other teams complaining about dead spots in the parquet floor, or cold water in the visiting locker room showers, or many other hijinks that visiting teams were worried about. Red Auerbach wasn't doing anything like that, but he allowed opposing teams to believe it because they were psychologically beaten before even playing the Celtics. It was a huge psychological edge to have other teams waste time worrying about this phantom stuff and chasing wild gooses.

Have they ever been caught cheating and either paid fines, lost draft picks or had players suspended?

Right, but notice I'm not waving my hands like a manic street preacher insisting I know what's what. Just too many weird occurrences that make me uneasy. Like I said, I "more than half" expect all this to come out one day. I allow that it may not and I'm completely wrong. So not really classic conspiracy thinking. You've clearly put a lot more thought into it than I have anyway.

Faulk -- sore loser who still believes stories been proven false and retracted .. 0 % credibility.

Mangini -- has said no such thing and actually. Even groveling get back in BB good graces for years!

Tomlin (chef) -- has won

Hines constantly since he can not ever seem to beat the Pats 0% cred

Shula -- really?

Meanwhile Jimmy Johnson, Ditka, along with slews of other former coaches have backed BB up.. but yes I'll Liston to the people have an ax to grind.

Faulk -- sore loser who still believes stories been proven false and retracted .. 0 % credibility.

Mangini -- has said no such thing and actually. Even groveling get back in BB good graces for years!

Tomlin (chef) -- has won

Hines constantly since he can not ever seem to beat the Pats 0% cred

Shula -- really?

Meanwhile Jimmy Johnson, Ditka, along with slews of other former coaches have backed BB up.. but yes I'll Liston to the people have an ax to grind.

How about Flutie saying he grabbed Brady's helmet once by accident and heard the OC talking to him during plays?