Bills Defense Shines @ Pro Bowl

I would try to keep all three even though Lorax probably doesn't fit this defense well. But he can be a star on ST's again.

Franchise Gilmore.

Make Brown a good offer. He probably will get a better offer elsewhere and will be the hardest to bring back. I would cut P. Brown and use that money to bring back Z. Brown.

My hunch though is that unless they franchise Gilmore, all three will be gone.

I would try to keep all three even though Lorax probably doesn't fit this defense well. But he can be a star on ST's again.

Franchise Gilmore.

Make Brown a good offer. He probably will get a better offer elsewhere and will be the hardest to bring back. I would cut P. Brown and use that money to bring back Z. Brown.

Gotta keep Gilmore. You need good CBs in this league. Don't mess with that ****.

Go figure. Lorax leads tacklers with 7 plus a pick. Z Brown also has 7 and Gilmore gets a pick. For the life of me, outside of Rex being a complete and utter dumbass, this defense should have lead us to the playoffs. We need to retain these guys and build on the D and not screw up the offense.

How was Kyle?

Sure, Whaley can get some good players. But have you seen his press conferences?

Kidding aside, the most underrated signing by Whaley has been Monos.

wonder if Manos takes over for Whaley someday?

Franchise Gilmore.

Gilmore will be the most expensive .. I'd let him go and replace with lower price FA or draft pick. Keep Z Brown , L Brown could be brought back reasonable due to his age. Gilmore will be overpaid in FA and better by another team than by the Bills.

Lets not overreact to a Pro Bowl but I think pretty much everyone could see that Rex's defense was less than the sum of its parts.

I agree we should keep Gilmore. I know he isn't as natural a fit in a team that is going to play more zone but good cornerback play matters. The franchise tag is an option in my opinion.

As for what BB says I can absolutely see the Bills promoting Monos. Say we go 7-9 again this year and the clamour for Whaley's removal reaches fever pitch - I can see Terry and Kim, if they still have faith in him, promoting him into some VP of personnel role and making Monos the day to day GM.

4. Bills linebacker Lorenzo Alexander (defense) and Kelce (offense) were named the most valuable players of the Pro Bowl following a pair of strong performances. Both players received new cars for their efforts.

"It feels pretty good," Kelce said. "These are the moments to keep making life surreal ... It gives me a little motivation to keep striving to be the best."

Sure, Whaley can get some good players. But have you seen his press conferences?

Kidding aside, the most underrated signing by Whaley has been Monos.

Yes Whaley can get good players as clearly demonstrated by his four year contribution to the playoff drought. Best GM in the NFL.

Enough with the playoffs talk. Ask Bengals fans what getting to playoffs mean if you can't manage to win a game. Forget being a "playoff team". It's pointless just getting to the dance. What's not questionable is that, unlike the prior 17 years, this team has talent. The teams with Fitzy as QB, those teams had questionable NFL talent at best. They were a joke. I didn't think there was enough to win consistently. This team, yeah there's talent on THREE SIDES of the ball. That includes the kicking game. There's enough to win. There is now an evolution to winning, growth happening here. Growth is always painful. But its happening. Winning is coming. Enjoy this process. That's why i'm engaged in the developments of this team again.

Oh yeah. Happy to see all those Bills helmets in that game. Dont forget Ritchie on the O side. Shady and Watkins are good enough talent to start on this side of the ball too don't forget that. Yeah there's talent.

Well, that proves it, Rex's scheme is neanderthal. Unfortunately, everyone of them is a free agent and will probably walk.

Not necessarily. But it proved that neither Rex nor his staff were committed enough to get the players to understand or buy into his system.