Shady McCoy on NFLN "Good Morning Football"

YoloinOhio

No one's pointed out he said "escape goat"?

This board is slipping...

I think you're forgetting the original derivation of scapegoat. It's a common error.

In olden times, whenever goats were kept in captivity there were occasionally rogue goats who would try to break free. If a goat was successful, the farmer would often punish one or more of the goats that remained to teach them a lesson, resulting in them blaming the "escape goat" for their suffering.

So take it easy on Shady.

I think you're forgetting the original derivation of scapegoat. It's a common error.

In olden times, whenever goats were kept in captivity there were occasionally rogue goats who would try to break free. If a goat was successful, the farmer would often punish one or more of the goats that remained to teach them a lesson, resulting in them blaming the "escape goat" for their suffering.

So take it easy on Shady.

yep, it really is a mute point.

I think he meant excape goat.

He will be that if Tyrod doesn't come back and the run game drops off.

I think Donald Jones is safe but Good Morning Football excape goat takes = possible springboard to Philly Sports Talk Radio career. :devil::beer:

If Tyrod doesn't come back, they can just sign Nick Foles.

Yep. And if you're a player who is not self-motivated and you see a coach who doesn't put in the extra time, or if there are no repercussions for failure, what do you think the result will be?

Seventeen years missing the playoffs, if I had to guess.

kinda disheartening to keep hearing how the players didnt hold themselves accountable and coaching didnt either....were there actually players that didnt want to win or play?

Considering how many players having drug, personality, learning disability ("general studies" degrees), reoccurring physical issues (i.e. migraines) and mental issues it is not surprising.

Hopefully teams have some staff employed doing personality profiles to help coaches tailor their teaching.

Of course players "want" to win -- the difference is in how they prepare, and how they react to success/failure. Some players are self-motivated and don't need a coach hammering it home. Some need that extra push and "accountability" from an external source -- either coaching or their fellow teammates.

It is only natural for some players to stop giving their full effort when doubts raise about how the team as overall is run. Does the coach have a handle on the team after a loss or a series of loss. Coaches get paid for correcting that. The Seattle game is a good one. Offense goes on the field and at half time has the team leading by 2 TDs..ad then sees the Defense self destruct. How does the team react after that loss across the coast.

a couple of things

- i loved mcd's response to sully at the press conf when he tried to get a blurb to write about,,,,,just blunt, honest, and a stfu sully moment

and

something mcd said at his press....."you have to earn the right to win in the nfl"

There are some players on this team that club med....errrrr camp rex is over