Go on record! Which 2017 QB will have the best career?

FireChan

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB will have the best career?

• DeShone Kizer, ND
    • Mitch Trubisky, NC
    • Pat Mahomes, Texas Tech
    • Deshaun Watson, Clemson
    • Davis Webb, Cal
    • Jerod Evans, VT
    • Brad Kaaya, Miami
    • Chad Kelly, Ole Miss
    • Other (write in)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mahomes is my pick.

Kaaya, to me, looks like Trent Edwards. Pretty good on short and intermediate stuff. But crumbles/panics in the face of pressure. Damn, I had hopes for Edwards.

Watson, again in my opinion, is this year's Tim Tebow or Vince Young. A guy who carried his team to a championship. A superior, gifted athlete who happens to play quarterback. But the team he carried to a championship had a ridiculous amount of talent. And his completion percentage was helped by the receivers and routes. I'd take a true QB who is a decent athlete over a great athlete who's a decent QB.

Edited by somnus00

I have to say...This is interesting...I honestly think this poll is a no-brainer...But I also thought I'd be in the vast minority... I figured at most he would get 10-15%...And Mahomes is leading...

Y'all are making me worry he's not going to be there in a trade down scenario...

Like I said...Interesting... B-)

Watson, again in my opinion, is this year's Tim Tebow or Vince Young. A guy who carried his team to a championship. A superior, gifted athlete who happens to play quarterback. But the team he carried to a championship had a ridiculous amount of talent. And his completion percentage was helped by the receivers and routes. I'd take a true QB who is a decent athlete over a great athlete who's a decent QB.

He is a hugely superior passer to both of those two guys. Like as in "not even close" territory. Does it mean he becomes a franchise Quarterback? No, but he has better tools than both of those did.

total crap shoot on circumstances...

take dak prescott....dallas wanted connor cook....raiders trade up ahead of dallas in 4th round to get cook......

dallas is left with dak......romo gets injured......rookie gets a chance behind best O-line in football....the rest is history

had dak been drafted by another team....he may never had gotten one start.

I voted Kizer. He can make every throw, at every level, accurately. He anticipates coverage well and throws his guys open. He has prototypical size. He throws the ball where his receivers can rack up RAC yardage. With all of that being said, I want to see him out there seeing the whole field. I want to see him coming all the way across from left to right with his eyes to find the open man. But from a talent ability alone and how far along he is already, I see Kizer having the best career as a starter out of this group.

I voted Kizer. He can make every throw, at every level, accurately. He anticipates coverage well and throws his guys open. He has prototypical size. He throws the ball where his receivers can rack up RAC yardage. With all of that being said, I want to see him out there seeing the whole field. I want to see him coming all the way across from left to right with his eyes to find the open man. But from a talent ability alone and how far along he is already, I see Kizer having the best career as a starter out of this group.

I'm not sure I agree with you that he can make every throw accurately - that is not what the tape shows. He is, however, the one of these QBs who is asked to do the most in terms of reads and progressions in his college offense and so he may be (at least shoulders up) the most "ready".

I'm not sure I agree with you that he can make every throw accurately - that is not what the tape shows. He is, however, the one of these QBs who is asked to do the most in terms of reads and progressions in his college offense and so he may be (at least shoulders up) the most "ready".

Watched EVERY game he played in my friend. Trust me, he can make every throw accurately. :thumbsup: Now if he was trying to make a throw from a bad mechanical standpoint then yes, there were times he was off. But if he is set in the pocket, then the ball will be on point. I have seen him throw ropes to the perimeter. I have seen him hit the timing routes like slants over the middle. He can hang a ball 60 yards in the air and drop it on a dime. He can hit his receivers on the seam routes. He can throw fades to the corners of the endzone. Now his decision making at times and what he sees/does not see on the field is what I hope he can improve on. He is also as clutch as they come in this draft. In his first game action, taking over for an injured Malik Zaire against UVA, he snatched victory from the jaws of defeat dropping a PERFECT 39 yard TD pass on Will Fuller with merely seconds remaining on the clock. He kept them in the game against Clemson. He brought them back in many games this year only to see the defense give them away such as the Texas game. Kelly is also a crappy coach and tried to ruin the kid while he was at ND. Glad he left and expect him to have success. Hopefully the field vision was something he was coached to look for out there. Hopefully it's not due to him not being able to read the whole field all of the time because there were times he actually did scan the entire field.

Watson

At this point a lot of the criticisms feel like a combination of classic cases: he's the guy whose been in the spotlight the longest so people pick the most nits on him, he's the National Championship winning QB and it's a bad thing because other national championship winning QBs haven't panned out, and I hate to go there, but judging by the comments of some people, there's a little bit of the race card aka "athletic QB" bias coming into the picture.

Trubinsky feels like a classic case of "looking the part" combined with the intrigue of the unknown. Historically college playing time is a huge indicator of NFL success and Trubinksy just isn't there, not to mention he looked downright brutal in some pivotal moments this year.

Kizer is intriguing because of his athletic gifts, but if you watched ND last year he got bailed out by Fuller and Prosise a ton, both of which have proven their chops at the NFL level. This play fell off dramatically this year when he didn't have those guys.

Mahommes is also intriguing due to his arm talent and I do think he may be the guy most likely to end up in the best situation, giving him the best chance of success. He's my second pick.

Chad Kelly won't make it to contract #2. Mahommes is clearly better than Davis Webb, hence why Webb had to transfer and Kaaya has always been unfulfilled hype.