Deshaun Watson a Bargain in 1st for Bills - DP

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what walter football website says

1/9/17: I surveyed teams around the league to see where their initial draft grades were for Watson. Two playoff teams told me they had third-round grades on Watson. One said it was on the low end as a third- to fourth-rounder. Another playoff team told Walt that they had a third-round grade on Watson. Two other teams said they had second-round grades on Watson. Another team thought that Watson still could be a late first-round quarterback, similar to Teddy Bridgewater, because of the dire need at the position across the NFL.

In this draft analyst's opinion, I would grade Watson as a third-round pick for the 2017 NFL Draft. Watson has been off with his accuracy this year, displaying poor ball placement, especially when going downfield. He has missed a lot of potential touchdowns as a result. Watson's performance against Louisville confirmed the accuracy and ball-placement problems we've seen all season. He hasn't dominated, and his play is not that of a top quarterback prospect. All of this illustrates that Watson still has room for improvement with his field vision, ball placement, and accuracy. He did finish the regular season playing better, but that doesn't make up for the struggles in the first two-thirds of the season.

Also, Watson is undersized compared to your average NFL starting quarterback. On top of that, he plays in a college spread offense that doesn't correlate well to the NFL. Thus, he's going to need to learn working under center, operating the huddle, footwork, and not being a running quarterback. There is no doubt that Watson has great intangibles as a hard worker with good character off the field and leadership in the locker room.

This it not a ringing endorsement to pick him at 10.

Which of course means Whaley might do it. His record of QBs in the draft is very poor thus far.

@arrowheadaddict

Bills GM Doug Whaley is reportedly in love with Deshaun Watson. Thats bad news for teams picking later.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/04/07/bills-rumors-deshaun-watson-love-buffalo-nfl-draft/

Perfect smokescreen, good job boys. I swear every year there's some leak about a QB we secretly love in the 1st round. If this makes someone trade above us great job Whaley.

There are plenty of Deshaun threads out there....

but the question is...

are there planty of Dan Patrick thought threads out there?

enquiring minds want to know....

bleacher report. rumor. smoke.

if you wanted to trade back, you would put the word out that your going to select....

he may be, but it clearly said rumor and I saw no actual quote from whaley about his love for him?

I'm calling nothing more than a rumor full of smoke...

you were expecting this quote from a GM? It might be a smokescreen but I actually think their smokescreen is Peterman interest. Btw we heard for weeks before the 2014 draft that Whaley was in love with Sammy Watkins. Edited by YoloinOhio

you were expecting this quote from a GM? It might be a smokescreen but I actually think their smokescreen is Peterman interest. Btw we heard for weeks before the 2014 draft that Whaley was in love with Sammy Watkins.

hey, never know. maybe they'll draft watson. I really don't see him as anything special or franchise material. I know, he beat bama in the national championship game but if you watched the game, how he was beat up in the first half. that's what he'll face at the next level and then some.

he just doesn't impress me.

Yeah, we used to work together. I spent some time with him over All-Star and at our fantasy draft last weekend. He's a good dude.

That's awesome, was happy to see he got picked up at Fox. What happened with BR.

I might be in the minority but I qouls be delighted with Watson at #10.

You and me both.