Deshaun Watson a Bargain in 1st for Bills - DP

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trade down get a CB, pick up the TT contract (maybe re done) then a QB with our compensatory pick rd 3. Cardale can fight it out with TT and our 3rd rd QB sits a year and gives us hope next year at this time I.E. Kelly, the Miami QB or the Monahand guy.

Just so I get this right: when we DON'T draft a QB it's a problem and when we DO it's a problem? Ok, I got it. Some of you are NEVER HAPPY! Got it!

it's when we do and when we don't that is the problem....when they do it's always a year when qb's suck, or the pick they have is to high to grab a good one

That's an excuse for the decision maker's lack of foresight. If you think a QB will be good, you play him no matter what the fans think.

If our decision makers think they have a good QB but give up on him because ticket sales aren't great, we'll never ever end the drought.

100% correct. I love this thinking

Watson had a far better group of offensive talent than any of the other QB's we are talking about going high.

That is probably true. But the narrative that his WRs make him is total baloney. I was re-watching some Watson film at the weekend and it is shocking how many balls they drop, and a fair chunk of them sure fire touchdowns. Artavis Scott is the worst culprit, but Williams and Deon Cain are also culpable.

I'd perfer Mahommes from Tex. Tech in the Second.

Ideal draft: Williams in 1st, Mahommes in 2nd.

Never understood why we cut him.

Cockrell works much better in zone coverage and when Rex brought his scheme here, it was very man coverage oriented so he didnt have the same value to the Bills 2015/16 team. He went to a team that runs mostly zone and is excelling there. That isnt hard to understand when you have this info tho, not everyone does.

Watson has gone from being a Round 2-4 pick to being a top 10, possibly 1st overall, selection because he found a way to lead his team to victory over Alabama (whom I despise with a passion) and because a few articles come out or a couple statements have been made? INteresting.

Watson has gone from being a Round 2-4 pick to being a top 10, possibly 1st overall, selection because he found a way to lead his team to victory over Alabama (whom I despise with a passion) and because a few articles come out or a couple statements have been made? INteresting.

Watson was ALWAYS considered a 1st rounder by intelligent draft experts. If anything he's a guy that could fall from the top because he was not picked. He's not exactly a late riser. Edited by Kirby Jackson

A 4th round pick?

Are you joking?

Watson was ALWAYS considered a 1st rounder by intelligent draft experts. If anything he's a guy that could fall from the top because he was not picked. He's not exactly a late riser.

Thank you. It's like I'm taking crazy pills.

QB is the key man. I wouldn't blame us for trying, but if Hooker is there at 10 I think there is no way we pass on that dude. He will be BPA by then AND at a huge position of need for us. Lock the kid up for 5 years.

The odds of Watson making it in the NFL are very very long, but Hooker is 99% guarantee assuming he doesn't have a Dareus brain.

I don't believe he was EVER a round 2-4 pick. I know there have been stories out there to that effect but I have had him as a first rounder since I started breaking down his games. I am with Kirby... slipping out of the first to early second is maybe possible. There is no way he goes later and he might not be there for the Bills at 10.