Stephon Gilmore selected for team's Ed Block Courage Award

DasNootz

Never understood the constant Gilmore bashing.

The team is worse without him. Unquestionably worse without him.

depends on what they do with $10-12 mil savings

he's an unwilling tackler....not worth top 10 CB money.

Edited by papazoid

You guys hate players that smoke pot and race cars. You also hate that a player, that is a family man, receives an award for his charitable works. If Jesus himself was QB for the Bills we'd hate him too. Mostly because of slow eyes though and the fact that Tom Brady would stomp him 2x a year too.

You guys hate players that smoke pot and race cars. You also hate that a player, that is a family man, receives an award for his charitable works. If Jesus himself was QB for the Bills we'd hate him too. Mostly because of slow eyes though and the fact that Tom Brady would stomp him 2x a year too.

Mostly because the holes in his hands make the ball slip too easy. :devil:

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Trashing a player for getting a courage award? Wtf

the usual douchebaggery.

Mock or denigrate someone that got an award from a foundation with admirable cause:

The Ed Block Courage Award is an annual award presented to selected players in the National Football League (NFL), who are voted for by their teammates as role models of inspiration, sportsmanship, and courage.[1] Named in memory of Ed Block, a well-liked humanitarian and trainer for the Baltimore Colts, the award is administered by the Ed Block Courage Award Foundation. Sponsorship proceeds promote the prevention of child abuse by raising awareness of the epidemic and assisting agencies who provide for the care and treatment of abused children.

The foundation has also developed a national network of "Courage Houses" that help abused children in NFL cities. These cities are: Pittsburgh, Chicago, Miami, Detroit, Dallas, Baltimore, New York, Oakland, Seattle, Carolina, Cleveland, Atlanta, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Buffalo, San Francisco, Green Bay, Tampa Bay, Washington and Philadelphia.

Mostly because the holes in his hands make the ball slip too easy. :devil:

The black rubber pellets from our field would get caught in his sandals too. He's at a strategic disadvantage anyway you look at it. Now if we want to get biblical, give me some Samson on the O-line. His hair wouldn't be a liability.

Edited by DasNootz

Trashing a player for getting a courage award? Wtf

What courage is he exhibiting exactly? Besides having the courage to collect his paycheck after garbage games.

This lends to my point exactly. Brady knows he's garbage and picks on him. Time for a change.

Definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

What courage is he exhibiting exactly? Besides having the courage to collect his paycheck after garbage games.

This lends to my point exactly. Brady knows he's garbage and picks on him. Time for a change.

Definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

How much do you know about him other than what you see on the field? His teammates voted for him, I assume they know more about him than any of us.

He made a business decision and probably a smart one. It's easier to explain away a few bad plays while your sitting down healthy at an interview than it is to be sitting at that same interview on crutches and trying to convince your new future employer than you can return to a previous level of play. With that being said I hope he goes elsewhere.

How much do you know about him other than what you see on the field? His teammates voted for him, I assume they know more about him than any of us.

I don't give a damn what a football player does off the field but on it he's not worth the money he's looking for period end of story.

Obviously I don't know him personally off the field, but I do know what I my eyes show me each and every week.... and that's a player that shies away from contact on a routine basis. He's hardly "shut down" - but that I blame as much on our defensive front's sometime lack of pressure as I do his physical skills. To that end, on the field... courageous he is not.

I'd vote AW for a Courageous Award.

Edited by DasNootz

Pop quiz: which of those guys allowed fewer TDs and a lower passer rating against in 2016?

Just curious how many folks actually know...not a personal shot at you

It's not about stats with Gilmore for me. You can only afford to cut big checks to a few players and each of those players need to bring more to the table than just doing their individual job. People may or may not like that approach but I'm a firm believer the highest paid guys need to lead from the front and not just show up. Gilmore isn't my flavor, he is to passive and that's reflected in my list above. I'd even take Peters over Gilmore because of his aggressiveness. Robert Alford is singed 4 years 38 million I think that is better value than Gilly at 4 and 56-58.

Pop quiz: which of those guys allowed fewer TDs and a lower passer rating against in 2016?

Just curious how many folks actually know...not a personal shot at you

All of them

You really need to stop viewing players as a commodity. It's not healthy.

But they are a commodity in the purest sense of the word. And most of the Bills are Enron Stock

The black rubber pellets from our field would get caught in his sandals too. He's at a strategic disadvantage anyway you look at it. Now if we want to get biblical, give me some Samson on the O-line. His hair wouldn't be a liability.

Goliath at NT. The guy's a beast.

But they are a commodity in the purest sense of the word. And most of the Bills are Enron Stock

They might be to the league but you certainly don't need to treat them as such.

A guy gets an award for his charity work voted for by the locker room and you come in all guns blazing because you don't like him?

I'd borrow DC Tom's line here...but it's trademarked.

You are entitled to your opinion you can call me an idiot if you like. My opinion is Gilmore deserves the opposite of a courage award on the field. He may save babies from burning buildings off the field but on it he exhibits no courage. IMHO.

Wrong

I'll have to look up the stats when I get a second. I'm sure you know.

They might be to the league but you certainly don't need to treat them as such.

A guy gets an award for his charity work voted for by the locker room and you come in all guns blazing because you don't like him?

I don't know him off the field he could be in line to be cannonized as a saint. I will only comment to Gilmore as a player and no I don't like him as a player.