Stephon Gilmore selected for team's Ed Block Courage Award

DasNootz

You really need to stop viewing players as a commodity. It's not healthy.

I disagree with both point. There is really no reason to view players as anything other than a commodity. As long as the players are not criminals who are endangering the community they live in, it's really irrelevant how much good work they do or if they stay home and watch netflix all day.

It is NICE when players get out and do charitable work and in some cases I may decide they seem like a good person and like them personally, but if they don't it's not a negative strike against them. I would like Stephon a lot more if he were a better tackler. I would prefer a shut-in who exhibits solid tackling to a poor tackler who spends all their time doing charity. Why? Because they are football players. If the guy worked at McDonalds, but couldn't cook a french fry to save his life, you wouldn't keep him as an employee just because he works at the food bank every day after work.

From a football perspective, at the end of the day players are commodities, they are tools to be used by a coach. If they are poor tools, they should be discarded and a better tool should be acquired.

I disagree with both point. There is really no reason to view players as anything other than a commodity. As long as the players are not criminals who are endangering the community they live in, it's really irrelevant how much good work they do or if they stay home and watch netflix all day.

It is NICE when players get out and do charitable work and in some cases I may decide they seem like a good person and like them personally, but if they don't it's not a negative strike against them. I would like Stephon a lot more if he were a better tackler. I would prefer a shut-in who exhibits solid tackling to a poor tackler who spends all their time doing charity. Why? Because they are football players. If the guy worked at McDonalds, but couldn't cook a french fry to save his life, you wouldn't keep him as an employee just because he works at the food bank every day after work.

From a football perspective, at the end of the day players are commodities, they are tools to be used by a coach. If they are poor tools, they should be discarded and a better tool should be acquired.

Thanks for stating so eloquently how I feel as well. The Bills have quite a few of these types of "players" on their roster. I am certain it is why they suck something awful year in year out. Here's hoping McDermott can weed out the garbage and make them a better ball club. Edited by BeefCurtns

Never understood the constant Gilmore bashing.

The team is worse without him. Unquestionably worse without him.

He doesn't play with the desire that fans want to see a la Aaron Williams. He was a first round pick, and doesn't make many game changing plays . This team is not one player ( save for a QB) away from being somewhere in the neighborhood of . 500. Gilmore included . His impending FA status prices him out of the market for the value he brings to the Bills. No big deal, it's how the league works and is set up. Definitely a guy you don't keep past the 5th year tender.

If last years Carolina defense is any indication of what to expect without a corner of Gilmores talent level, then yes he is.

Different team, different situation, different defense. If you notice, Normans presence in WAS didn't bring them a playoff berth. They made it the year before. Every year is different too, it's quite possible the Bills defense could perform better without Gilmore than they have with him.