Rapoport: Hints that Bills Are Likely to Keep Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really disagree, but why?

Foles is a terrible QB. He was only briefly successful in a very specific system that was designed to clearly define his reads and minimize his mistakes, and he ultimately flamed out of that system in any event. He has been given up on by multiple OCs. As a pure mechanical thrower he might - might - have an edge on Tyrod, but Ty's ability to gain first downs and score points with his legs more than makes up for that differential.

Foles is a bottom-fourth QB and I think you'd find that his value around the league is much, much lower than Tyrod's.

100% agree.

Foles is bad. Glennon has looked ok in minimal time.

Unless your trading for Romo, Brees or Rivers. All of which is highly unlikely. Tyrod is by far the best option. Even with the $$ owed which will look like nothing by this time next year.

Keep Tyrod and continue to look for a better option in the draft while you have him.

Not sure why this is so outrageous to some.

He can't walk if they pick up his option.

yup. now it looks like watson and trubs are gone 1-2. hopefully hooker or adams falls to us and we shore up are secondary. we draft a guy in round 2 or later and see what happens. see if cardale has a great offseason. a great defense can mask the issue at qb whether its tyrod or a rookie. keep the run game tops in the league and we will have success. we need to start a winning environment here.

yup. now it looks like watson and trubs are gone 1-2. hopefully hooker or adams falls to us and we shore up are secondary. we draft a guy in round 2 or later and see what happens. see if cardale has a great offseason. a great defense can mask the issue at qb whether its tyrod or a rookie. keep the run game tops in the league and we will have success. we need to start a winning environment here.

If they can land Adams and then trade back into the 20s to take Mahomes, I'll throw a party.

Ha ha ha this is so funny thanks for the laugh

Question..... and Hypothetical.

Say Bills Pick up the option

Then they draft Mahomes in the 2nd (Trubinksy and Watson where gone by their 1st).

Now Mahomes comes in and OUTPLAYS TT in the offseason.

Do you really think ANYONE on the Bills will have the STONES to play the Rookie over the guy they just committed to with 27.5M? (ALA Seattle)

No they don't, and that is why I hate picking up the option

Of course theyll have the stones. Because combining TT's cap hit with that of a 2nd round draft pick we are still taking only an average cap hit at the QB position compared to other teams in the NFL. And THAT is the only thing that matters.

Keep Tyrod and continue to look for a better option in the draft while you have him.

Not sure why this is so outrageous to some.

He can't walk if they pick up his option.

That is the $27.5M question if he will not renegotiate for incentives

They don't need a great defense.

Be at least above average or good and they'll compete with anyone with Tyrod, IMO.

agreed. if we had our defense from 2 years ago i think we win 11-13 games this past year. sweep jets and miami, pull off 1-2 wins vs oak, sea, pitt.

This is just Rapoport giving his opinion not based on any source or insider information by someone on the team. Just his guess and carries about as much weight as any post on this board.

Agreed. Everyone complaining about TT, I don't hear any better answers at QB. The top two in the draft won't be there as their stock will go up as you get closer to the draft like the last few years. Romo is one hit from retirement, and Washington will never let Cousins walk.

So what is the solution? Hint, hint, there is none. We were 7th in scoring. The problem Mcdermitt needs to fix is the defense, and we did it a couple of years ago. Overall, Pettiness defense was good, but 28th against the run. Schwartz saw our talent and fixed it.

I see Frazier getting a lot more out of these players plus what we do in the draft. We really need one to two durable WR, and two Safeties.

Agreed. Everyone complaining about TT, I don't hear any better answers at QB. The top two in the draft won't be there as their stock will go up as you get closer to the draft like the last few years. Romo is one hit from retirement, and Washington will never let Cousins walk.

So what is the solution? Hint, hint, there is none. We were 7th in scoring. The problem Mcdermitt needs to fix is the defense, and we did it a couple of years ago. Overall, Pettiness defense was good, but 28th against the run. Schwartz saw our talent and fixed it.

I see Frazier getting a lot more out of these players plus what we do in the draft. We really need one to two durable WR, and two Safeties.

I'd like to see some LB upgrades - obviously Ragland gets to come back - but i don't see a natural Will on the roster. If we could add Peppers there i think he could work. He needs to pack on a bit of mass but he's a solid tackler, very fast and instictive. Would fill the Shaq Thompson/Deone Bucannon hybrid SS/OLB role. Depends if hooker or adams are there though.

Turbisky hasn't duplicated a successful College season and someone is going to risk a top 10 pick that he is going to replicate it at the next level.. Don't be surprised if he is Mike Glennon 2.0

Or Blaine Gabbert. Trubinsky is already 24 though. The big concern is 1 year starting in a spread offense. He'll need to be coached up - so if he ended up here somehow... hopefully david lee is not here.

Edited by dneveu