Sal C. on Rex: Latest In Earliest to Leave HC

Fadingpain

Sure he ripped Pegs off. Regardless of the contract, Rex had an obligation to earn every penny of it.

The owner hired the same coach he fired. Some coaches work 100 hrs a week. Other coaches work 40 hours a week. Some coaches are fully engaged with the players while other coaches are very aloof. Some coaches delegate more and others less. Was Rex ever associated with the word discipline? No. Was Rex ever associated with the word smart? No. He was associated with words such as bombastic, blubbery fool, obnoxious, chaos, antics, stubbornly inflexible, underachieving etc.etc.

The owner hired a huckster who during his stint with the Jets had a losing record and a concluding 4 win season. He bought the bullshiiit that the dumpster fire he left in NY was due to others. No matter what was attempted to prop up this talkative fool it wasn't going to work. When you hire an incompetent you get an incompetent. You don't have to do a deep analysis to determine what happened here. Whether Rex worked 100 hours a week or 20 it doesn't matter. The owner got what he bought; he got what he deserved. It was the boss's ridiculous mistake that he rectified by firing him after the second season of watching chaos on the field.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're giving Marrone credit for Schwartz' defensive schemes. Marrone's gift was that he hired two successful D coordinators and empowered them.

Yes I am, Marrone is responsible for Schwartz being here. Marrone also had his team as a whole disciplined and ready to earn their checks and compete every week. Less penalties, less injuries, more honest effort, harder practices.

And then Marrone punted again...

From the 36! :lol: Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

That is a good point.

It is interesting and sad that someone inside the organization still seems to be paranoid and looking over his shoulder at Rex - so much so that this person is leaking yet another story to the media - I guess Jason LaCanfora was not available this time.

Watch the games. It was pretty obvious that this team was not prepared for many of the contests. What is more disturbing more times than not the big national televised games for some reason the team looked more prepared which tells me Rex took these games more serious. The 2nd NE game on Monday Night his first year here & the Seatle game on Monday night this come immediately to mind. Even though the Bills lost those games, they played with a purposed & looked prepared on both those occassions. Looking back I think the obvious conclusion is Rex was in it for the paycheck & stole millions off the Pegula's for him & his fat f*ck brother.

Hard hitting reporting by Sal. Where was he with this breaking story when Rex was still employed by the Bills.

out getting new batteries for his wahl goatee groomer.

sal is great. he reports anything the bills tell him as fact without ever considering the reason the information is being shared with him.

I thought of that connection too. I don't think we'll see Rex as a coach again.

First, no one is going to hire him. Second, he doesn't have it in him to live that lifestyle anymore, apparently.

No but he's got the money

I am not a big fan of this thinking. Some people who are early in and late to leave are simply inefficient. Not saying Rex was, but time in a desk chair doesn't mean squat to me. Could he not be reviewing tape on an iPad at his house?

can't blame a guy for not wanting to work 80 hour weeks. who in their right mind with a personal life to manage wants to do that? recipe for disaster. He probably figured Pegs was one last bite of the apple, get a pile of assistants to do the heavy lifting he didn't want to do anymore and go from there. almost worked, the injuries, the old school defense and the Pats ruined the plan. oh well, for a guaranteed 25mil it was worth a shot, now on to TV and fun. guy did what he could tolerate.

Hell, Tony Dungy's kid killed himself cuz dad was never around and Cowher's wife died before he could return to her from his 100hr football work weeks. Not exactly sure Rex is living his life incorrectly. His priorities may be pretty balanced.

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore