1-18: McDermott Interviews Ken Dorsey for Bills' OC Position

Ricky P wants to spend time with his kids he said. I think one plays college football. I think the reason it took so long to interview Dorsey is because he wasn't the guy he wanted. He was hoping for McCoy and then his next choice went to the Rams. If Dorsey was a guy he wanted this would have been a done deal a long time ago. It has me a little worried. The Panthers offense really digressed this year. Shula is probably a year away from being fired.

Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

no he didn't.

Cams mechanics are ****

And his ability to read the field are lousy.

And I'm going to get **** because he is an MVP. Well, eat a bag of roosters because I'm smarter than you. And bottom line, Dorsey helped Cam. But he didnt do as much as Shula, who called the plays to mask Newtons flaws.

Dorsey would be a good qb coach for Taylor at best

Lol. Yikes...

Thanks for that. Still not a lot of time in the league as a coach to develop an offense, identity and playbook. But I'd like to know more.

What coaches that have a lot of time in the league as a coach to develop an offense, identity and playbook are available and we can get?

Sounds about as good as anyone else available. I wanted McCoy and supportEd the McDermott hire based on us getting McCoy. But we ain't getting him now.

Edited by reddogblitz

What's getting out is thatNewton has lost the locker room, has been quoted saying he is interested in taking a year off, having already said he didn't focus on 2016 and had other interests in mind. This is causing ripples in Carolina.

I kind of wondered what would happen to Cam and his leadership in the locker room after his Super Bowl L running away from a loose football with the game on the line.

Its pretty important that the Bills get the offensive coordinator position right on the first try. A faulty move in the hire could result in a setback of a few years on the offensive side of the ball, where the Bills have notoriously had their struggles for the last several years.

Really? Who knew?

There seems to be a severe lack of qualified OC's around the league

I wonder if this has anything to do with there being a severe lack of qualified QBs around the league?

Completely unknown quantity..... to us.

Hope Micky D knows something we don't.

Shula has never gotten a lot of love here, even last year when his O led the league and carried team to SB missing their # 1 receiver KB.

Shula didn't seem to get ANY looks this year.

Regarding Cam, I would say they have taken pains not to " over coach " him as he is a unique talent. He regressed badly this year which may have been on Dorsey or maybe Cam just got to full of himself and stopped listening.... which would partially explain Dorsey wanting to move.

Personally not excited about this pick if it happens but don't hate it either. Feels like it could work or be typical BB dreck.

no he didn't.

Cams mechanics are ****

And his ability to read the field are lousy.

And I'm going to get **** because he is an MVP. Well, eat a bag of roosters because I'm smarter than you. And bottom line, Dorsey helped Cam. But he didnt do as much as Shula, who called the plays to mask Newtons flaws.

Dorsey would be a good qb coach for Taylor at best

You won't get sht from me. I've been saying Cam's an overrated QB since his rookie year. Way too inconsistent as a QB and way too much of a pansy for a QB that big, but I disagree that Dorsey helped Cam.

What I'm thinking as well.^^^^

it became a possibility to me that he might be QB coach once I saw Dorsey actually is leaving the Panthers

Not sure if carucci is right about Bills not being interested in AVP or if his source just isn't giving it up

Edited by YoloinOhio

You won't get sht from me. I've been saying Cam's an overrated QB since his rookie year. Way too inconsistent as a QB and way too much of a pansy for a QB that big, but I disagree that Dorsey helped Cam.

maybe better put by saying he made things easier for offensive play calling. He was able to be the buffer between the OC/offense and Newton. He understood Newton and the position and was able to assist in play calling and making sure that it was translated to Newton or the offense. Derek Anderson had said some good things in him about his being able to speak to the players and understand the game from a players perspective communicating the subtleties of the game.

There is no fixing Newtons mechanics or his inability to read a play. He will be lucky to be relevant in 5 yrs unless he can do so, unless he proves me wrong that he really is that much of an athletic freak. Once he gets banged up more, once be loses his strength and now that teams know how to rattle him more than ever he is done. I'd never want to be a QB coach for him because its going to be very, very easy but also a dead end.

Ricky P wants to spend time with his kids he said. I think one plays college football. I think the reason it took so long to interview Dorsey is because he wasn't the guy he wanted. He was hoping for McCoy and then his next choice went to the Rams. If Dorsey was a guy he wanted this would have been a done deal a long time ago. It has me a little worried. The Panthers offense really digressed this year. Shula is probably a year away from being fired.

shula next yr. Rivera in 2. They'll make a run to the playoffs next year on defense alone with a lousy offense. Their offense against AFCE defenses will be a two headed coin. They will pass all over the Jets but get trounced by the other 3. The AFCE offenses will fair well against everyone but Carolina. Miami and Buffalo have the best shot to beat Carolinas D due to run game, but NE*has Tom Brady who rapes sheep in the outhouse down by the creek and they should win.

Jets will be 0-4

Fins will beat them all but NO or Carolina. Just too many points there and no good LB to stop them

Pats 4-0

Bills will struggle against TB due to the matchup but I can only see us beat by Atlanta depending on when the game is played. I'll probably go to it and I'm bad luck

maybe better put by saying he made things easier for offensive play calling. He was able to be the buffer between the OC/offense and Newton. He understood Newton and the position and was able to assist in play calling and making sure that it was translated to Newton or the offense. Derek Anderson had said some good things in him about his being able to speak to the players and understand the game from a players perspective communicating the subtleties of the game.

There is no fixing Newtons mechanics or his inability to read a play. He will be lucky to be relevant in 5 yrs unless he can do so, unless he proves me wrong that he really is that much of an athletic freak. Once he gets banged up more, once be loses his strength and now that teams know how to rattle him more than ever he is done. I'd never want to be a QB coach for him because its going to be very, very easy but also a dead end.

shula next yr. Rivera in 2. They'll make a run to the playoffs next year on defense alone with a lousy offense. Their offense against AFCE defenses will be a two headed coin. They will pass all over the Jets but get trounced by the other 3. The AFCE offenses will fair well against everyone but Carolina. Miami and Buffalo have the best shot to beat Carolinas D due to run game, but NE*has Tom Brady who rapes sheep in the outhouse down by the creek and they should win.

Jets will be 0-4

Fins will beat them all but NO or Carolina. Just too many points there and no good LB to stop them

Pats 4-0

Bills will struggle against TB due to the matchup but I can only see us beat by Atlanta depending on when the game is played. I'll probably go to it and I'm bad luck

honestly cam is a much larger version of tyrod. cam doesn't throw for a lot of yards and he's not that accurate of a passer...he just has a couple guys with huge range of motions that catch everything. last year when they went to the sb they had a big time run game second only to us and a pass game averaging 224 yards a game. that's only like what 24 yards more than us? the difference is they had the big time defense that got them there. this year they lost that run game and the defense. last year good all around team. this year lose norman, kuechly, cam and others and the wheels fall off.