• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

no he didn't.

Cams mechanics are ****

And his ability to read the field are lousy.

And I'm going to get **** because he is an MVP. Well, eat a bag of roosters because I'm smarter than you. And bottom line, Dorsey helped Cam. But he didnt do as much as Shula, who called the plays to mask Newtons flaws.

Dorsey would be a good qb coach for Taylor at best

Im a big fan of Shula's play calling. I think It is pretty creative. I think some of that would have to rub off on Dorsey

This interview is intriguing because I feel like a lot of people were clamoring for "no more retreads" at OC, but I doubt anyone was thinking we would hire a guy with less than 5 years experience as a coach. I'm all for giving people a chance, but this would be a VERY risky move.

That said, he does have OC experience. According to wikipedia, on April 26, 2011 he was named offensive coordinator at nearby Riverview High School. So that's something!

Edited by ndirish1978

Did he resign or contract ran out and didn't re-up? If actually quit, then Panther's would still hold his rights. I'm guessing more likely his contract expired and didn't elect to go back.

Or did you really mean he re-signed with the Panthers in which we'd be out of luck?

he just resigned Monday night from the panthers.

Did he resign or contract ran out and didn't re-up? If actually quit, then Panther's would still hold his rights. I'm guessing more likely his contract expired and didn't elect to go back.

Or did you really mean he re-signed with the Panthers in which we'd be out of luck?

Is the Panthers' website in need of an update? http://www.panthers.com/team/coaches.html

http://www.panthers.com/team/coaches/ken-dorsey/bba285e8-fc3b-4e30-9a67-97134ef00f7b

nothing official is out there. The panthers are letting him look around. Proehl formerly resigned.

As 26cb pointed out its not official but word on the street in pantherolina is will not be back in 2017 disiregardless of another opportunity offered.

Dorsey will coach somewhere else, possibly as a qb coach. He will one day be an OC but not yet.

wonder if he can still sling it like at miami? he's only 35

lol Bills need a bridge QB to the class of 2018. He's perfect! QB and OC! Fire him next year if he doesn't develop Cardale and get a big name OC with the drafting of franchise QB in 2018. And we'll target making the playoffs in 2020. Sounds good?

Panther fans clamoring for Shula to be fired. The offense took a huge step back this year. Not a lot of love for any of the offensive coaches. This would be pretty lackluster to turn over our whole offense to a first time OC like Dorsey. There seems to be a severe lack of qualified OC's around the league

It's a lot like HC, kdiggz. If you have a guy who's interviewing for OC positions, either he's been the OC to a fired HC, or fired himself 'cuz his offense sucked and you hope it was the team, not him.

Or, he's a fired HC and you hope he's a better coordinator than he is a HC. Either way retreads, no sure bet. Alternatively you hire an assistant and hope he's ready to take a step. No sure bets either way.