Rapsheet: Cowboys priority is trade Romo. Not to Broncos

dezertbill

they need to sell tickets. they have austin, gurley, and wade fixing the defense. plus a ton of cap space.

That's what I say..........I think the idea that they are going to sink or swim with Goff is not taking into account those factors plus the desire to WIN......which they haven't done in like a decade.

Goff can learn at the hip for a while........it probably wouldn't be long........Romo is got the early onset osteoporosis pretty bad.

Don't get me wrong........I'd love to have him here if I thought he could take a season worth of hits from teams that will be out to fracture his skeleton so they can get some cracks at Cardale Jones.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thought Denver would be prime spot for Romo but with them out I think it lands on Texans or Bills.

I think with our new coaching staff Romo gives us consideration. Two years from Romo would give Cardale time to grow.

This is of course plan B if they don't want TT

But facing Dallas as much as Carolina has Im sure McDermott would love to have a QB like Romo.

Although Texans D and being close to Dallas would be enticing for Romo, I see the Bills offering more in trade (making cap room to do so) if they really wanted him.

sneak into the [playoffs with TT...then start Romo for the playoffs....-racist?

3 years ago, yeah, I'd say get Romo. But now, we already have a fragile as hell receiver group, why extend it to the QB position? He won't last the season anyway. Better off keeping TT and bringing in a solid enough veteran backup to compete with Cardale for the #2 spot until he's ready to take over..

Report says Denver not interested.

Rams have Goff and they'll want him to play not sit . Romo wants to start.

Bears, 49ers and Jets have nowhere near the talent the Bills have.

That's leaves Texans and Bills.

Texans would be the better fit for him. If he can stay upright long enough for them to get that easier AFC South division locked up, he can rest until playoff time.

I think this move might be worth it. For a 3rd or later pick. The schedule for next year is terrible. With Romo maybe we catch lightning in a bottle. The offence will be good if he stays healthy. If he gets hurt o well. In my opinion TT won't bring this team to the playoffs with the qbs he will go against. And we will be in a better place to rebuild after next year if Romo falls apart. Make the move draft Mike Williams rd1 and a Safety rd2

O and keep Gilmore with the tag or a deal.

Edited by Franchiseneedsme

I'd give up a 3rd for Romo right now. Romo to Sammy would be fun. Maybe we get lucky and he stays healthy for a year. I'm sure we could develop an offense that could minimize QB hits, especially with our run game.

Strong run game and Romo play action is a recipe for success

They can buddy up for the 8 games they play on the field together and sit on the bench the remaining 8 they're both injured.

Texans would be the better fit for him. If he can stay upright long enough for them to get that easier AFC South division locked up, he can rest until playoff time.

That is why I think the division thing is so overrated.

jets are over the cap by 1000 bucks. thought they can shed clady and mangold and gain 20 mil or enough to sign romo. if we were looking to get a qb at 10 this could push one down to us.

bears-54 mil in space. also could push a qb down to us. chi also has a pretty good defense right now and i think romo is from up that way? i think he lands here.

Two years from romo? At this point id be happy to take two consecutive games.

:lol::lol:

I don't see any way someone trades for Romo with the cap hit he has combined the injury risk.

Thats a hell of a gamble that would pay off, or destroy your cap. Also, I dont think the Texans go there bc they paid a boatload for Brock, so I doubt they pay up for Romo.

Romo is the man. All the CoT'ers w the 2 games if lucky nonsense.

Don't wanna put Denver in the bowl so easily.

Tell that to Jordan Mills. If we get Romo, Mills is gonna have him executed by game 4. Maybe even in pre-season.

Edited by Marty McFly

Yup

I think he's a better qb than most give credit for

I also would worry about his health but his cap hits and dead money go waaaaaaay down in a trade (signing bonus, amortization from 2 restructurings and option bonus amortization all stay in Dallas

Which is why he probably stays there or retires.

Although I appreciate you sharing that information, I would hope people stop sharing that good morning football crap. It's one of the worst programs I have ever watched, its like a bunch of middle school girls talking about the NFL. It's almost unbearable, especially that Shager guy. No offense to you.

I don't think Tony will want to stay and may force their hand

"Hey Tony, we're paying you $9mil to be an assistant QB coach. STFU and cash your check" :thumbsup:

I signed Orton as agent and he is telling me I can keep the money by retiring, spending some time drinking and coming out of retirement late in season and be waived and pick up a new check.

Many thought Denver would be prime spot for Romo but with them out I think it lands on Texans or Bills.

I think with our new coaching staff Romo gives us consideration. Two years from Romo would give Cardale time to grow.

This is of course plan B if they don't want TT

But facing Dallas as much as Carolina has Im sure McDermott would love to have a QB like Romo.

Although Texans D and being close to Dallas would be enticing for Romo, I see the Bills offering more in trade (making cap room to do so) if they really wanted him.

There is so much fail in this post it makes me laugh :lol: :lol:

Besides being made of glass, Romo is old.

Cardale sucks and will NEVER be an NFL QB.

Edited by Hardcore Bills Fan

But see how Cowboy fans react:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/dallas-cowboys-dak-prescott-playoff-performance-should-formally-end-tony-romo-trade-salary-contract-cut-release-time-with-the-cowboys-011517

Tony Romo hasn’t started a game for the Cowboys all season, but still, when the Cowboys fell behind to the Packers early thanks to some brain-dead coaching and poor defense, the backup quarterback’s name began to trend on Twitter.

While some tweets were sent in clear jest, not everyone was in on the joke, and the message from the lookers-on was clear: Bench the kid, bring in No. 9.

Anytime something has gone wrong for the Cowboys this season — and that wasn’t often — this was the default refrain.

Luckily for some misguided fans, you can’t always get what you want.

That applies to all fans especially those who play fantasy GM.