Source: A Lynn to become OC for Rams (update - not so fast)

YoloinOhio

8 year vet to backup or start if Goff isn't ready. Not crazy.

It is if you are gonna pay him 20M a year like alot here say he is worth

Skeptical on the report anyway that he will be an OC when he has a second interview for a HC job

Also looking at McVays offense in Wash TT skill set doesnt fit it

Edited by MAJBobby

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 year vet to backup or start if Goff isn't ready. Not crazy.

Tyrod will be looking for starter QB money, which LA won't pay. If not, his best bet is to take another $10 million/yr deal in Buffalo

Who's their HC now?

Also, isn't Lynn still under contract with the Bills?

I haven't heard Lynn being let out of his contract. Considering the OC hadn't been named yet in Buffalo unless he's been let go unbeknownst to the public this is tampering. You need permission from another team to interview a player under contract unless it's for a HC position. Furthermore you can't take a HC from another team and name him your OC without permission. From team he's under contract with.

Furthrrmore McVay has his offense he runs and ALynn has his. It doesn't make sense for McVay to hire another OC coach who is vying for a HC role based on the offense he runs

Edited by dezertbill

I haven't heard Lynn being let out of his contract. Considering the OC hadn't been named yet in Buffalo unless he's been let go unbeknownst to the public this is tampering. You need permission from another team to interview a player under contract unless it's for a HC position. Furthermore you can't take a HC from another team and name him your OC without permission. From team he's under contract with.

Furthrrmore McVay has his offense he runs and ALynn has his. It doesn't make sense for McVay to hire another OC coach who is vying for a HC role based on the offense he runs

If Leroi is believed, he said the Bills granted permission to Lynn to seek other opportunities.

Again i am sure EVERY coach on the staff has been giving their permission tk seak other opportunities

I agree. When I raised this this past week, people seemed to push back, saying "but he's under contract." Lynn was passed over here; they aren't going to force him to stay to coach under the new guy.

Agree. Only reason to be skeptical of this report is he is Interviewing for the HC job in SD with a 2nd interview scheduled

Doubt he is thinking any OC position right now.

But a Run 1st guy i guess i would want to go with Gurley after McCoy even if it is McVays offense

Edited by MAJBobby

Interim head coach is not an official position.

If Leroi is believed, he said the Bills granted permission to Lynn to seek other opportunities.

La Conjecture relies on him for his inside the locker room scoops.