Source: A Lynn to become OC for Rams (update - not so fast)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He looked like a rookie. He wasn't scary bad all the time but he had his peaks and troughs. I thought Wentz looked better on the whole, and Goff not being ready for week 1 scared me. Gurley was bottled up all year and Goff never really got a chance to get comfortable easy PA passes and the like too often.

Doesn't look like a total bust, is my final grade. With a young QB, that's standard.

Thanks.

It has to be tough being a rookie QB. Guys used to have more time to develop. Even Kelly had time in the USFL. Now, there is little patience. I thought that the Rams were smart in not throwing him into the fire. It will be interesting to see how he develops.

Anthony Lynn is NOT the Rams OC. According to RapSheet - it's looking more and more like Lynn will become the Head Coach of the LA Chargers.

Good for Anthony Lynn. He seems like a solid guy. I will be rooting for him . . . as long as it does not negatively effect the Bills.

McVay's passing offense combined with Lynn's run game. not too bad

Rams situation looking a lot better than what is going on here. we might be left with scraps on offense

That's one thing that I always enjoy here. It's the unbridled optimism. Our offense will be fine. McDermott will fix the D. Chill out.

Thanks.

It has to be tough being a rookie QB. Guys used to have more time to develop. Even Kelly had time in the USFL. Now, there is little patience. I thought that the Rams were smart in not throwing him into the fire. It will be interesting to see how he develops.

Eh, that's debatable, to be honest. I think for the most part, the cream rises to the top no matter the situation. Some guys struggle and it breaks them. Others struggle and fight through it. That's not to say some QB's wouldn't have had more success with time on the bench instead of getting thrown out there, but there's a limit, IMO. EJ may have carved out a longer back-up fringe starter job if he didn't play much like Glennon but he wasn't winning a Super Bowl or getting $100M no matter how much time he spent on the bench.

Just look at TT. 5 years on the bench and he's still got major holes in his game. He may have been out of the league if he had to start in 2011, but he still ain't franchise.

Edited by FireChan

Eh, that's debatable, to be honest. I think for the most part, the cream rises to the top no matter the situation. Some guys struggle and it breaks them. Others struggle and fight through it. That's not to say some QB's wouldn't have had more success with time on the bench instead of getting thrown out there, but there's a limit, IMO. EJ may have carved out a longer back-up fringe starter job if he didn't play much like Glennon but he wasn't winning a Super Bowl or getting $100M no matter how much time he spent on the bench.

Just look at TT. 5 years on the bench and he's still got major holes in his game. He may have been out of the league if he had to start in 2011, but he still ain't franchise.

Clearly, it depends.

I remember a quote from Phil Simms. Take it for what it is worth. He said something along the lines that it really takes 5-6 years to develop as an NFL QB. That always stuck with me. I believe the position is the most difficult in team sports. It is even more so today given that college football is not grooming NFL QBs given the proliferation of the spread offense.

Clearly, it depends.

I remember a quote from Phil Simms. Take it for what it is worth. He said something along the lines that it really takes 5-6 years to develop as an NFL QB. That always stuck with me. I believe the position is the most difficult in team sports. It is even more so today given that college football is not grooming NFL QBs given the proliferation of the spread offense.

It's certainly up there in terms of difficulty. It requires everything. Brains, processing, arm strength, touch, footwork, throwing motion, leadership, charisma, guts, toughness. That's why I don't think riding the pine or getting thrown to the fire matters much. Either you have all those things or don't. It may take a guy like Derek Carr 5 years to show us them all, but either he will or won't. If he wasn't playing, he wouldn't be any different IMO.