McDermott's Coaching Staff has its First Hire; Juan Castillo

Doesn't have an OC but hires a line coach. Hmmm. He better hurry up and retain Sanjay Lal who just interviewed with the Eagles. Sammy said he was would be really mad if Lal left

The way the Bills have played offense the last 2 years, our WR coach IS our OL coach.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Likewise.

BRING EVERYONE ON THE OFFENSE BACK.

Why would you send Kromer packing? The line has done a 180 since his arrival.

It's like every time we hire a new coach, they ask "what unit played the best last year? Okay, that coach is fired."

What was the point of interviewing these hacks if firing the position coaches who produce multiple Pro Bowlers isn't discussed?

this guy is a zone blocking scheme coach

our oline will have to learn a whole new system. be ready for the run game to take a nosedive

Good grief. Do you purposely misconstrue every single thing that happens with regard to this team?

Greg Roman ran plenty of zone blocking concepts--inside zone, outside zone, split zone, radar, pin/pull--all zone concepts.

If anything, the blocking schemes will be FAR less complex (assuming whoever becomes the OC runs exclusively zone schemes).

I thought the Pegulas liked continuity?

They seem to like the opposite.

I thought the Pegulas liked continuity?

They seem to like the opposite.

When you fire the head coach you do not have continuity by definition. I suspect they would rather not have done it, but it was pretty clear to everyone it neeeded to be done. Once it's done, everything is going to change. Pretty obvious, no?

Maybe already mentioned but was Castillo the OL coach in Philly when Shady was there? If so ... very nice.

2009 & 2010, yes, then in 2011 McDermott went to Carolina and that's when Castillo was inexplicably moved to Defensive Coordinator.

Ive probably been kromers biggest cheerleader even through the rocky start and heavy skepticism- huge fan of his

But as turnover goes this is still a good coach. The title seems to confirm an OC is already more or less confirmed I'd assume (or hope)

I mentioned this in another thread, but I suspect that this because they have lined up Childress or Nagy to hire but they can't do it officially as long as the Chiefs are in contention.

Reid has been very supportive of guys under his tree moving around, and all of them share the same pedigree. Otherwise I have no idea why you pick the O line coach before the OC.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I suspect that this because they have lined up Childress or Nagy to hire but they can't do it officially as long as the Chiefs are in contention.

Reid has been very supportive of guys under his tree moving around, and all of them share the same pedigree. Otherwise I have no idea why you pick the O line coach before the OC.

Good thinking by you.