McDermott's Coaching Staff has its First Hire; Juan Castillo

Castillos positions

As player:

San Antonio Gunslingers (1984-1985)

As coach:

Texas A&M UniversityKingsville (1982-1985)

(Defensive line/linebackers coach)

Kingsville High School (1986-1989)

(Linebackers coach/defensive coordinator)

Texas A&M UniversityKingsville (1990-1994)

(Offensive line coach)

Philadelphia Eagles (1995-1996)

(Offensive assistant)

Philadelphia Eagles (1997)

(Tight ends coach)

Philadelphia Eagles (1998-2010)

(Offensive line coach)

Philadelphia Eagles (2011-2012)

(Defensive coordinator)

Baltimore Ravens (2013)

(Run game coordinator)

Baltimore Ravens (2014-present)

(Offensive line coach)

I do like he has worked both sides of the Ball.

He was a disaster as DC for Eagles. That was a mistake. He's a good O-Line coach

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Castillo is an excellent OL coach. Was Reid's OL coach for almost his whole time with Eagles. Oddly enough, he replaced McDermott as DC when Reid fired him, which is a whole lotta late era Eagles/Andy Reid drama.

Reid totally lost the plot there. If ever there was a guy who needed a change of scenary Reid was it.

Also, Run game coordinator tells me they might be looking at splitting up OC duties.

Reid totally lost the plot there. If ever there was a guy who needed a change of scenary Reid was it.

He's a great coach who absolutely needed to be fired in Philly. It had completely spun out of control.

Also, Run game coordinator tells me they might be looking at splitting up OC duties.

He's a great coach who absolutely needed to be fired in Philly. It had completely spun out of control.

I hate the Stupid Run Game Coordinator Pass Game Coordinator extra titles.

Its like corporate amaerica everyone is a freaking VP

I will reserve judgement on this one. Assignment as running game coordinator is interesting. I thought Kromer was doing a really good job, but changes like this are inevitable when you hire a new coach. He is going to make his own bed. Let's see what the plan is.

I hate the Stupid Run Game Coordinator Pass Game Coordinator extra titles.

Its like corporate amaerica everyone is a freaking VP

i work at a bank. Can't swing a cat without hitting a VP. All it means is another week of vacation but ooooh the email sig is mega strong. Edited by YoloinOhio

This is the problem with deep pocketed owners - coaches can clear the deck and with a long contract (5 years) where he gets paid whether they are successful or not or even fired which does not help the club.

I wish the NFL had a moratorium on hiring of new coaches - this would prevent good coaches in playoffs from being passed over and would time for front offices to bring in consultants and thoroughly review staff while they were under contract and provide this information to new head coach. The filling of the coaching staff is the first test of a head coach and IMO front office needs to have input since club is paying for those salaries when they are let go.