Sean McDermott's Introductory Presser on 1/13/17 at 2 PM ET

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does it concern anyone else how poor of a public speaker Terry Pegula is.

Whether it's an appearance on WGR radio or opening a press conference today, I've found him to be pretty brutal.

A part of me believes that ones ability to communicate gives you a little insight on ones intelligence and ability to asses other people, and I just wonder if Pegulas total ineptitude when it comes to public communication means anything.

Public Speaking is not even close to being an indicator of intelligence. Some of the smartest people I know can't string two sentences together if two people are in the room.

That being said, Terry should leave all the public speaking to Kim.

Edited by inkman

People are so PC they get upset by anything and everything. Troubling times. smh.

It's not PC. It's the suggestion that the Pegulas may hire based on religious belief. It's not widely known but Dan Bylsma is a man of faith himself. Kim & Terry are religious.

McDermott is probably a great coach and a terrific human being. But it's slightly troubling to think there could be a kind of religious test to work for the Pegulas. Would they pass over a qualified candidate if they were atheist?

Public Speaking is not even close to being an indicator of intelligence. Some of the smartest people I know can't string two sentences together if two people are in the room.

That being said, Terry should leave all the public speaking to Kim.

Agree. IDK what the hell is wrong with people. So judgmental.

Agree Kim is very nice to look at.

C2E-PmFUsAAwmm1.jpg

:lol::lol:

It's not PC. It's the suggestion that the Pegulas may hire based on religious belief. It's not widely known but Dan Bylsma is a man of faith himself. Kim & Terry are religious.

McDermott is probably a great coach and a terrific human being. But it's slightly troubling to think there could be a kind of religious test to work for the Pegulas. Would they pass over a qualified candidate if they were atheist?

I get your point because it has logic big breh. A few of the comments I read just sounded like PC whining.

Hahaha what

What religion does Rex Ryan ascribe to? Being fat?

What religion does Rex Ryan ascribe to? Being fat?

You might have a point there. But we also don't know what Rex said regarding religious belief in the interview. Again, just spitballing. But how often do you hear "faith-based" as a qualification of being an NFL head coach?

Personally, I would never hire a robot.

I just watched the presser. Who knows what 2017 season will bring but it was refreshing to hear a guy thats sincere, talks calmly, and seems actively involved and has a plan. Instead of the previous coach that just loudly said we're going to the playoffs! Don't get me wrong I was gungho too after Rex's presser but the difference this time is Sean seems like he's going to work and not out looking to be a great guy. It also seemed he and Doug get along fine, haven't seen that in 2 years.

...We can only go up from here guys.

Agreed. I like everything about how he handled this presser and the message he is conveying. Exactly the right approach, IMO.