Marrone Wants Crossman as the Jags' ST Coach

One of the things with which I disagreed with Rex was the handling of Carpenter in the 2015 season. I think Rex got into his head and Carpenter never was able to get over it. Kickers are like pitchers and goaltenders - head cases.

From MONEY to MAYBE, and cost us any shot we had at the playoffs. Then he slunk away like a wuss.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Crossman did a pretty good job here, once an adequate priority was placed on having good players on the ST. I would hope Crossman would stay.

i want to know if he has ever had the team practice onside kicks. It doesn't appear that way and that's going back to 2014.

ST coaches are just about useless. I'm convinced they cause more harm than good. Let Doug have him. Anybody could do the job.

My hunch is Carp bounces back. Doubt there is a FA kicker that would be a better option and they don't have enough draft picks to spend on a kicker.

ST coaches are almost all about specialty players. We had great coverage when Easley was healthy. When Carpenter was sharp and Schmidt kicked well, Crossman looked great. Obviously coaches contribute, but look at Bobby April, he's had some pretty horrible ST units recently.

What a great first question to ask Marrone. You can tell it caught him completely off guard.

And at the same time, its what most people think of when his name is brought up (other than, 'Who is Doug Marrone?')

He really should have a better answer prepared than just some red faced stuttering pile of crap.

That 45 second clip really makes me not miss him at all. Rex was bad, but Doug was bad and an !@#$.

Exactly. How did he NOT expect to be asked that question? I like how he acted offended.

Pretty crazy for a HC not to be able to pick his own assistants. I wouldn't want that FN job with a guy blocking the staff I want to work with.

No it is not; the front office should have final call but show restraint.

I provide proof - the Dan Quayle of assistant coaches: Ronnie Jones.