Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes a special kind of stupid to want to move on from Taylor considering:

- there's no immediate upgrade in FA, let alone one that would come here

- we're not drafting a blue-chipper in round one

- he's on a cheap deal (relatively-speaking for QBs) for the next 3 years

- we don't have someone waiting in the wings to take over

Only in Buffalo could you spend two years developing a QB who's never started a game until he got here, then leads the team to a top 10 offense with practice squad nobodies beyond WR1 for most of the season, then want to let him go because you think he's not good enough. I mean, if you were in New England, or Indianapolis, or Green Bay and you were used to HoF quarterbacking, then I could see how maybe that might make some sense, even if it would still be wrong. But Buffalo??

Honestly, some of you deserve this dogshizz franchise.

ouch

People honestly do that?

Miserable basturds who complain find it arousing. Why resort to pills when being in a state of aggravation can bring oneself into a state of erotica? Bad food can be an aphrodisiac for those who are perpetually disgruntled. Didn't they teach you that in street sex class 101? Get with it! :D

There are parts of Taylors game i do like.

His deep ball (though it has been missing this year)

Ability to use legs

Doesnt turn ball over

But the Cons are much more

Inability to get ball out on time consistently

Anticipation throws

Missing open throwing windows and receivers

Lack of pocket presence

Not clutch

Doesnt read defense well

Edited by MAJBobby

There are parts of Taylors game i do like.

His deep ball (though it has been missing this year)

Ability to use legs

Doesnt turn ball over

But the Cons are much more

Inability to get ball out on time consistently

Anticipation throws

Missing open throwing windows and receivers

Lack of pocket presence

Not clutch

Doesnt read defense well

MAJBobby scouting report

Pros:

committed to the cause

will go down with the ship

treats his seeing-eye dog really well

Cons:

doesn't know anything about football

:nana:

MAJBobby scouting report

Pros:

committed to the cause

Cons:

Original and got a smirk from me well done. Wrong but was funny

The biggest Myth of the supporters. No one to throw too. Lol

Biggest myth of haters. Someone to throw to.

MAJBobby scouting report

Pros:

committed to the cause

Cons:

ROFL

do you have any of those answers? Because from the average fan it looks like he can't or doesn't see open receivers quite a bit. This has been commented on at all levels, by amateurs and "pros" alike. I like TT, i'd like to know if this is something that can develop or if they need to move on.

At the end of the day I just want the best 11 on each phase to get out there and !@#$ people up!

It just means tyrod doesnt know his progressions at that point. If someone is running open and your qb takes off... regardless of the blocking scheme or route tree thats what happens. I dont get how us not knowing all the intricacies gives a pro qb a pass for not seeing the open player... whether he is the top read or the low read. If you are telling me that a quarterback who takes off and not pulls the trigger on read 3 or 4 is justifiable. I am certainly lost

It just means tyrod doesnt know his progressions at that point. If someone is running open and your qb takes off... regardless of the blocking scheme or route tree thats what happens. I dont get how us not knowing all the intricacies gives a pro qb a pass for not seeing the open player... whether he is the top read or the low read. If you are telling me that a quarterback who takes off and not pulls the trigger on read 3 or 4 is justifiable. I am certainly lost

Its because they have to diminish the visual evidence that is in their face that he is not really that good

So not one answer I see.

Let me ask this.

You just picked up Taylors option. Then you good if Bills take a QB at 10 or trade up for one?

Yeah I supposed this is the Watson thread. I would perfectly okay with the picking up TT AND trying to get better at the position. It makes no logical sense to me to get worse at the position in the hopes of getting better. At 10 drafting a QB and picking up Tyrod would put the Bills at about the 20th most cap space in the league commited to QBs.

Are you saying you'd rather have Taylor than Wentz as your QB?

Yes I absolutely would. Wentz had a few good games to start the year and then people stopped paying attention to him. Wentz threw for less Tds, had less total tds, a worse QB rating, a worse QBR, more ints.

Here is a fun stat for you. After his first 3 games (so the final 13) he threw for 11 tds and 14 ints. People have got to stop trumpeting Wentz if they want to be taken seriously when discussing TT. The Eagles went 4-9 over that span so please people stop using Wentz. All it does is show you watched sportscenter in September.

Brandon Tate's alone in the end zone disagreeing.

Brandon Tate is really the name you want to use. Doesn't that show just how sorry the receiving corps was though.

I will give you credit though. Texas Roadhouse is amazing. Best ribs I have ever had!

The holds the ball metric is the biggest piece of crap. Maybe bigger than drops. It counts the ten times a game when he is running around with the ball looking to throw for five-six seconds because the rush was on him immediately and he escaped, versus 29 other starters that just throw it away immediately and get rewarded on the holds the ball metric. :wallbash:

Agreed!

A better statistic would measure how long a QB has in the pocket before he needs to move his feet to avoid the rush. (If this were actually measurable).

Obviously, there were times when Tyrod was unforgivably off target. But there were also games when he was under siege and didn't have a prayer. He held onto the ball for a long time when he was under attack because he was scrambling for his life, and trying to turn a line breakdown into a positive gain.

Our offensive line was curiously schizophrenic. They did well on run plays because they were usually in the right place at the right time. Roman's designs didn't require them to be road graders.

On the other hand, they didn't pass block well. There's nothing tricky in pass protection, no finesse. You just have to out-muscle, out-position, out-footwork your man. Too often, our offensive linemen lost these mano a mano battles when attempting to protect Taylor.

Ha ha OK. Hmm so beacuse of his crossers being high lowed (NE exposed that in Chans Offense)

Buzzing under routes eary changed a read (made Fitz go deep)

Yeah exposing a designed offense to hide QB flaws has NOTHING to do with QB success. And I am the one that needs to do homework. Ok

You want to call me out fine. Now go fine one post of my many on the QB position that i ever mentioned 5000 yards.

Sure and alot easier to get to that win column when you have a QB that can run a balanced offense and be able to help his team in OAK instead of hanging them out with 3 and out after 3 and out.

But thats unconventional QB play

Wasn't claiming you used 5000 yards just trying just trying to point out that you and the rest of the Tyrod haters ignore the success of the offense and focus on passing game statistics. Interestingly you did mention the second half of the Raiders game. You are right he did struggle in the second half but the offense scored more than enough points in the first half and would have won if the defense didn't fold. Oh by the way Tyrods second half wasn't any worse then Carr's first half so I guess Derrick sucks as well right? Bottom line is it was the defense that was responsible for the team not making the playoffs.

Edited by Original Byrd Man

It's weird that the same people chime in every time Tyrod is mentioned. They chime in to say "I told you so" when something negative is written and "he's wrong" when something positive is written. The reality is that Tyrod moved the offense and put up a lot of points. He did it with a poor receiving core. His game has holes and he misses throws. He is a middle of the league QB. It is foolish to use old school stats (like passing yards) as a measure of his impact. He doesn't play a traditional style of QB. He misses some throws that most QBs make but he makes some plays that no other QB makes.

Was the Bills offense good in 2016? The advanced statistics would say that they were. They weren't there DESPITE the QB play. Coaching, QB, OL, play calling, running game, etc... ALL played a role. You cant just selectively choose the reasons that the results happened while selectively excusing what doesn't fit the narrative. All of these things factored into the result. If you believe that replacing him with someone else would improve those results that's a different argument. I for one, do not see the Bills as a top 7 scoring team with someone (other than Romo) under center in 2017.

+37.

Wasn't claiming you used 5000 yards just trying just trying to point out that you and the rest of the Tyrod haters ignore the success of the offense and focus on passing game statistics. Interestingly you did mention the second half of the Raiders game. You are right he did struggle in the second half but the offense scored more than enough points in the first half and would have won if the defense didn't fold. Oh by the way Tyrods second half wasn't any worse then Carr's first half so I guess Derrick sucks as well right? Bottom line is it was the defense that was responsible for the team not making the playoffs.

And again i am looking at QB play no matter what the offense does around him. Is it really so hard to detach and look at a QB for some people.

So what is your long term solution at QB?

Edited by MAJBobby