• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

-The threat of an effective passing game opens up the running game

-the threat of an effective running QB can open up the running back lanes, too

The first one is more conducive to actually winning games

Thank you. The ONLY way the Running game majorly regresses is if we have a QB that cant run snd a QB that cant throw

No let's keep the guy who can't beat .500 teams because he can't pass and then Scott Law can tell us how great he is 39 more times.

Hope it's brees per "whisper rumors". If not there are 4 qb's in the draft that will do.

Yes, because a QB beats another team, all by himself. The fact that the QB had a great comeback against the fish only to have the defense blow it? Or the coach kicking on 4th and short. That is the QB's fault.

Yes, because a QB beats another team, all by himself. The fact that the QB had a great comeback against the fish only to have the defense blow it? Or the coach kicking on 4th and short. That is the QB's fault.

I dont know maybe having the ball twice in his hands in overtime and failed to put points on board.

Notice what Watson did after his comeback and the defense let up a score.

Just marched the team right back down and scored again

Lol, since when does Tyrod play defense?

If there's a better option out there go get him. I don't see one given the list of available FA QBs and I don't see any of the QBs dropping to 10 in the draft.

The logical thing to do would be keeping your offense intact and fixing the **** defense. But sounds like they are rebuilding everything. Good luck.

I live how moving in from an AVG at best QB equals rebuilding and blowinf up by people

Last TT post on the "McDermott" thread from me because he's not a Bill unless he restructures due to poor play.

Yes Miami game we was good. There were 16 games tho.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

So, for example, if they could improve to "average" in points per game allowed, would that suffice?

They were terrible. They faced the 30th most difficult offensive schedule in the league (football outsiders' measure) and finished 26th according to FO. And that ranking DEFINITELY matches up with the proverbial eyeball test -- they were like swiss cheese against the relatively small number of decent to good offenses that they faced.

Edited by dave mcbride

Where wre they ranked in points allowed again?

Fun with numbers.... Almost were TYROD is ranked in YPA.... So you are saying we had an average defense? Where would it rank without the GOOSEEGG to the Pats 3rd string QB?

They were terrible. They faced the 30th most difficult offensive schedule in the league (football outsiders' measure) and finished 26th according to FO. And that ranking DEFINITELY matches up with the proverbial eyeball test -- they were like swiss cheese against the relatively small number of decent to good offenses that they faced.

They weren't good overall. What was dramatic was the massive drop in production when Aaron Williams went out (which is unacceptable).

FWIW, I had them at 20th in defensive points per game allowed, and when I factor in weighted scoring for yards per play allowed, first downs surrendered, and takeaways produced, I had them at 19th overall. If I were to factor in strength of schedule I could see them dropping a few spots.

I'm interested to see their plan at QB assuming Tyrod is let go.

My guess is a tire fire but we will see.

You haven't mentioned that anywhere else in this (or any other) thread. We get it, you wan't them to keep TT.

But just keep in mind, if they don't keep TT it doesn't AUTOMATICALLY spell disaster - and if they do keep him, there's no guarantee of success. Why don't you let things play out a bit before posting that we're doooooomed every other post... :beer:

Fun with numbers.... Almost were TYROD is ranked in YPA.... So you are saying we had an average defense? Where would it rank without the GOOSEEGG to the Pats 3rd string QB?

You want to compare scoring and say 7th in leage blah blah trash defense

Well defense was top 20 in the comparable stat for them.

But now now want to talk YPA ok well where was defense ranked in YPA against them

I thought this was discussed.

AW was in the lineup when Ryan Fitzpatrick took a **** on them in week 2.

The defense looked good in the weeks that followed with AW in there thanks to the opponent(Ari, St. Louis, NE*, SF)

Not because of AW.

Yes, they had all of one bad game with Aaron in the lineup.

They came back the following week and held the Cardinals' offense (9th in yards, 6th in points), to 16 points.

If you didn't notice the enormous difference in the defense's ability to communicate and handle assignments once Aaron went out, then I'll be very surprised--you normally are more astute than that.

And as I said, it is unacceptable that the defense is that reliant upon one guy (or even one position) to be effective.

I thought this was discussed.

AW was in the lineup when Ryan Fitzpatrick took a **** on them in week 2.

The defense looked good in the weeks that followed with AW in there thanks to the opponent(Ari, St. Louis, NE*, SF)

Not because of AW.

Oh I will.

I'm merely predicting the likely outcome knowing the Bills and the current leadership there.

IDK Nostradamus was a Bills fan.

Where would he rank without his deep passes? Those are all flukes, right?

Omg, ignorance is bliss.