Alabama/Clemson game thread

Buffalo Barbarian

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open your eyes maybe?

Watson is not better and it's not even close. Go back and watch some Tyrod college ball. If you think Tyrod is not good enough in the NFL, then this Watson kid is definitely not good enough.

What a finish

What a game.

Yes. College football is awesome. So much more exciting than the NFL.

Loved the option pass late in the game and I think there was a hook and ladder in there too. Almost never see those in the NFL. Wicked!

Edited by PolishDave

Watson is not better and it's not even close. Go back and watch some Tyrod college ball. If you think Tyrod is not good enough in the NFL, then this Watson kid is definitely not good enough.

Loved the option pass late in the game and I think there was a hook and ladder in there too. Almost never see those in the NFL. Wicked!

yeah, its like both teams pulled out all the stops and went for it. Even when teams are driving for the win in a close game in the NFL you don't see the willingness to be creative and let the guys play like you do in college ball

yeah, its like both teams pulled out all the stops and went for it. Even when teams are driving for the win in a close game in the NFL you don't see the willingness to be creative and let the guys play like you do in college ball

Maybe this is why I love college football so much more than the NFL? I always pointed to the passion and emotion and how important each game is but you may be onto something. College football keeps me on the edge of my seat like nothing else.

Maybe this is why I love college football so much more than the NFL? I always pointed to the passion and emotion and how important each game is but you may be onto something. College football keeps me on the edge of my seat like nothing else.

The college players are going out there and willing to die on the field every week. Even when Auburn sucks, they play like a top 10 team in the Iron Bowl every year. It's the fire. In the NFL, you only see that in the playoffs. The Jags don't get up to play spoiler versus Houston or play to the Pats level for 3 quarters.

The college players are going out there and willing to die on the field every week. Even when Auburn sucks, they play like a top 10 team in the Iron Bowl every year. It's the fire. In the NFL, you only see that in the playoffs. The Jags don't get up to play spoiler versus Houston or play to the Pats level for 3 quarters.

For sure

In addition, if you lose a couple of games in the NFL season it doesn't really matter. USC was playing as well as anyone in the country late in the year but missed the playoff because of a couple of early mistakes. The season is on the line every week for someone. Oklahoma was out by week 2.

The edge of your seat must have gotten some time off when you missed the two semi-final games last week.

So Clemson hasnt punted/kicked off like that all year. Is Alabamas return team that good?

Clemson seemed determined to not let them get a return in, regardless of the situation in the game. When they werent kicking out of bounds or short, the punter would get the ball, hold it for a second or take 5 steps and then kick to give his guys more time to get downfield.

Pretty effective, as I dont think Bama returned one all game.

The edge of your seat must have gotten some time off when you missed the two semi-final games last week.

Nope, my team was in the game (not competing but physically playing). We haven't seen a lot of great semi-final games yet (besides 'Bama - OSU) but they will come. We have seen at least 1 great game in each of the 3 playoff years; Bama has played in all 3.

This year felt like it was building to yesterday's match-up. Next year, on paper, the talent should be spread a little more evenly.

Nope, my team was in the game (not competing but physically playing). We haven't seen a lot of great semi-final games yet (besides 'Bama - OSU) but they will come. We have seen at least 1 great game in each of the 3 playoff years; Bama has played in all 3.

This year felt like it was building to yesterday's match-up. Next year, on paper, the talent should be spread a little more evenly.

3 great games out of 9 is probably not what the NCAA was looking for though. These are supposed to be the best teams in the country at the end of the year.

Yep, he's a one read QB who is reliant on the system his team runs. Alabama plays against a bunch of conservative smash mouth SEC teams every week. The fast tempo and air attack of Clemson is something they couldn't deal with. Add Mike Williams who can dominant college defenses, and Watson has many advantages he won't have in the NFL. The idea of drafting Watson turns my stomach.

3 great games out of 9 is probably not what the NCAA was looking for though. These are supposed to be the best teams in the country at the end of the year.

Obviously, but if you were to ask the NCAA "has the playoff been a success" I think that the answer would be a resounding yes. It has made the entire season better. Oklahoma was eliminated after 2 weeks after being in it last year. The interest, not just in those 9 games but in the hundreds of games leading up to it has been why college football is working.

Obviously, but if you were to ask the NCAA "has the playoff been a success" I think that the answer would be a resounding yes. It has made the entire season better. Oklahoma was eliminated after 2 weeks after being in it last year. The interest, not just in those 9 games but in the hundreds of games leading up to it has been why college football is working.

USC/Penn State and Clemson/Bama > NFL season.

NFL is just a bunch of confused refs and bogus flags

Edited by Ryan L Billz

USC/Penn State and Clemson/Bama > NFL season.

NFL is just a bunch of confused refs and bogus flags

You can throw Michigan - OSU, PSU - OSU, Michigan - FSU, Louisville - Clemson, UGA - UT, and a ton of other games in there as well.

One more thing to add on the greatness of college football, next year Alabama is a 3-1 favorite. FSU is the 2nd choice at 7-1. Oklahoma, OSU and USC are tied for 3rd at 8-1. Alabama opens the year vs. FSU on September 2nd and OSU and Oklahoma play the next week on September 9th. 2 of the top 5 teams in Vegas can probably only sustain 1 more loss max and still make the playoff. That is pressure!

Edited by Kirby Jackson